Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I love Choriza May, Medway is cute and funny and I was surprised at how good Scarlett was.

snored at the ‘I’m the first AFAB queen, that means ‘assigned female at birth’’ like no one is ‘assigned’ a sex. Kids don’t pop out at the midwife goes ‘oh I think I’ll assign this one as male’ You are female and that’s fine. I think she was sore she didn’t win and I didn’t like that.

Reactions: 18
Yeah I love Choriza May, Medway is cute and funny and I was surprised at how good Scarlett was.

snored at the ‘I’m the first AFAB queen, that means ‘assigned female at birth’’ like no one is ‘assigned’ a sex. Kids don’t pop out at the midwife goes ‘oh I think I’ll assign this one as male’ You are female and that’s fine. I think she was sore she didn’t win and I didn’t like that.
but there have been trans women competing on the show before so she isn’t the first woman. It’s an important distinction.

if you‘re transphobic then drag probably isn’t for you babes given that so much of it originated in the ballroom scene which was full of trans women, they have a huge part in the history and culture.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not a fan of Elektra Fence... all felt very forced/copied and the entrance look was just Poundland Bimini.

I was intrigued to see more from the queen who left so a bit gutted but totally understand the reasons- the makeup in her final look was absolutely DIRE.

Reactions: 8
but there have been trans women competing on the show before so she isn’t the first woman. It’s an important distinction.

if you‘re transphobic then drag probably isn’t for you babes given that so much of it originated in the ballroom scene which was full of trans women, they have a huge part in the history and culture.
I’m talking about the language of stating you’ve been ‘assigned female’ as if the have some autonomy over it.

Right so she’s still the first female. My comment is about the language of being ‘assigned’ female as if midwifes have some choice in what sex they say a baby is 😂

it’s nonsense. In my previous comment I didn’t mention trans women at all, and I’ve watched most seasons so I know their contribution and history in DR by the way.

Stop trying to gatekeep who can like drag. stop throwing around the word transphobic until it’s meaningless.

I can like drag, understand the history of ball, know trans women have a seat at the table and STILL think that AFAB and AMAB are nonsense terms.

Back to DR I’m happy Victoria scone is in but I do think she was totally salty she didn’t win the RuPeter badge.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I was surprised Kitty wasn’t in the bottom, both her runways were really basic imo.

Reactions: 12
I’m talking about the language of stating you’ve been ‘assigned female’ as if the have some autonomy over it.

Right so she’s still the first female. My comment is about the language of being ‘assigned’ female as if midwifes have some choice in what sex they say a baby is 😂

it’s nonsense. In my previous comment I didn’t mention trans women at all, and I’ve watched most seasons so I know their contribution and history in DR by the way.

Stop trying to gatekeep who can like drag. stop throwing around the word transphobic until it’s meaningless.

I can like drag, understand the history of ball, know trans women have a seat at the table and STILL think that AFAB and AMAB are nonsense terms.

Back to DR I’m happy Victoria scone is in but I do think she was totally salty she didn’t win the RuPeter badge.
I guess if she didn’t mention it there would be nothing special about her being on it. I agree about the terminology and I think they just shouldn’t of mentioned it or made a big deal out of it. It’s not like gotmilk introduced himself as the first transmen to be on drag race. I think it’s to do with her ego

Reactions: 1
I guess if she didn’t mention it there would be nothing special about her being on it. I agree about the terminology and I think they just shouldn’t of mentioned it or made a big deal out of it. It’s not like gotmilk introduced himself as the first transmen to be on drag race. I think it’s to do with her ego
I wonder if she has to fight to access places that the other queens don’t - I can’t imagine it’s easy for a female to break into the drag circuit.

Reactions: 12
she obviously mentioned it because the producers asked her to tbf. It’s been the biggest headline

Reactions: 3
Don’t think anyone has said midwives assign a sex, thought it was more that society assigned a sex 🤷‍♀️
(although medical teams do often assign a sex to intersexbabies)

Reactions: 1
I think VS had to mention it as many people would say she has an advantage. Better to be clear from the off.

Reactions: 4
she obviously mentioned it because the producers asked her to tbf. It’s been the biggest headline
Yeah there's an interview I read with her that indicates she doesn't like to focus on being a AFAB queen. She prefers to let her drag speak for herself. I like her - she reminds me of women I worked with when I was in theatre.

Reactions: 10
I think Veronica Green coming back was overhyped. I didn’t like her last season and I certainly don’t like her now, she’s had more time than the other queens to get her looks refined but her workroom entry look was a bit Bootleg Elpheba™️ Did she mention she auditioned for wicked but didn’t get the role?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think Veronica Green coming back was overhyped. I didn’t like her last season and I certainly don’t like her now, she’s had more time than the other queens to get her looks refined but her workroom entry look was a bit Bootleg Elpheba™️ Did she mention she auditioned for wicked but didn’t get the role?
Not making excuses for her at all but I watched Fashion Ruview with Bimini and she was quick to say that Veronica would have prepped looks for the second half of season 2 and then not got to use them, then had to prep looks for season 3 without working much due to the pandemic.

My worry with the younger queens that will appear on it now is that they will be too influenced by RuPauls drag race having grown up watching it. It'll be too Americanized imo. British Drag is funny as duck and unique

Reactions: 15
Not making excuses for her at all but I watched Fashion Ruview with Bimini and she was quick to say that Veronica would have prepped looks for the second half of season 2 and then not got to use them, then had to prep looks for season 3 without working much due to the pandemic.
Yes, I read an article with Veronica where she says she had little funds when she did series 3 because they filmed it while series 2 was showing, when performing was still not allowed and hadn’t been for a significant amount of time.

I wonder why the queens aren’t given a budget by the show

Yeah, I’d seen similar too. I feel for Veronica in that sense, as do also think she was very strong last season though who knows how long she would have fared as other queens improved week on week. But it is a very valid excuse that it was filmed so close to season 2 and there really wouldn’t of been much time for work or work to be had during that part of the pandemic as we were still in lockdown.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.