Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m Drag Raced out too. I don’t even enjoy watching it anymore (with the exception of UK2). I didn’t finish S13 and I’ve found AS6 incredibly dull.

I just find it all incredibly humourless now. What happened?!
Did you watch Drag Race Spain…it was a kinder more feel good show…The host was amazing…so blooming sweet lovely!!!

Reactions: 3
I much prefer the UK show, I feel the US and All Stars series try to be more pageant than drag. Brits are hilarious and I love it

Reactions: 6
I much prefer the UK show, I feel the US and All Stars series try to be more pageant than drag. Brits are hilarious and I love it
This is how I feel too. I've felt with both UK seasons that the Queen's are so much more down to earth and the British humour just hits differently. I only started watching Drag Race last year and I watched US1-4 and got bored, but then watched UK1 and loved it. I still don't really want to go back and watch the US ones I've missed, although I have enjoyed AS6 but maybe just because the format is a bit different.

Reactions: 7
This is how I feel too. I've felt with both UK seasons that the Queen's are so much more down to earth and the British humour just hits differently. I only started watching Drag Race last year and I watched US1-4 and got bored, but then watched UK1 and loved it. I still don't really want to go back and watch the US ones I've missed, although I have enjoyed AS6 but maybe just because the format is a bit different.
I would say watch season 5 and 8. Some people say 8 is the worst season but it’s short and the friendship of the queens is lovely to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Season 6 is my favourite. Bianca del Rio is hilarious and I love Adore Delano and Courtney Act and there's just good banter throughout. After about Season 8 it all merges into one and I struggle to recall who was in each Season and who won etc.

Reactions: 20
The UK seasons really livened up drag race for me; the US seasons seem so driven by money these days (as in, you need it to succeed) and the formula is so tired. It was amazing at its peak though - which for me is probably S4, S5, S6, S8 and AS2.

Some people say 8 is the worst season but it’s short and the friendship of the queens is lovely to watch.
Bob and Chi Chi's friendship :love: RIP, Chi Chi DeVayne. Bob and Derek's frenemy thing is entertaining too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Thanks for your recommendations guys I've watched S5 and now a few episodes in to S6. Didn't realise so many iconic queens were all from the same season!

The latest Sentimental Garbage podcast has Self Esteem/Rebecca Lucy Taylor talking about her love of Drag Race especially series 6.

My favourite series at the moment is Drag Race España. The warmth of Supremme really contrasts with Ru lately.

Reactions: 3
The latest Sentimental Garbage podcast has Self Esteem/Rebecca Lucy Taylor talking about her love of Drag Race especially series 6.

My favourite series at the moment is Drag Race España. The warmth of Supremme really contrasts with Ru lately.
Completely agree! Supremme was a joy to watch, so genuine. Proper feel good TV watching that! Massively contrasting US and Holland. Not enjoying Holland at all.

Reactions: 1
New series starts on the 23rd! Just over a week to go ☺

Also some new guest judges announced (Lulu though...?) and Nadine Coyle and Judi Love will be on Snatch Game. Hopefully they'll be a bit more interested in it than "The GC" was last time...

I’m not enjoying these VTs all at once, I like having them enter the workroom and then having them!

EDIT: ignore me my boyfriend put meet the queens on instead of episode 1

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just finished the meet the queens section, only ones that I don't like so far are veronica idk why i didnt like her last year i just dont get a good vibe from her, and the 19 year old one wearing all the red, again not 100% sure why i just dont like the way she comes across

Just watched ep 1... I've not immediately warmed to any but River Medway did make me laugh 😂

Reactions: 7
I saw Ella Vaday live last week at a Rosé show, looked gorgeous in person and great singing. My faves at the min are Victoria scone and Scarlett Harlett!

Reactions: 5
What a great first ep. I think the quality of queens is so much better in the UK because the series hasn't become too played out and repetitive like the US seasons.

Can't wait to see where it goes. :m

Reactions: 9
River Medway was genius with the Waghorn statue. Many a time I've driven past and he is wearing Cones on his head and arm 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.