Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
In NI warning messages from paramilitaries.They pretty much run our communities.
That’s bad. I have no issue with multiculturalism. But I don’t see how people can get on a plane and ‘lose’ their passports and it be taken at face value, Lillian also who went on holiday here but suddenly needed asylum even though she comes from a wealthy political family.

Reactions: 3

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
This is pretty bad. There’s no respect for the guards. And to be honest it doesn’t look like the guards would be much use if something serious happened either.

---
If the rumours are true it’s clear why she came here, she left her SN son behind whilst she came to NI on holiday but claimed asylum on his disabilities being one of the reasons she had to leave?? …I can see her fighting for an executive job it’s her ambition to rise to the top I’m sure the failing SDLP is only a stepping stone for her political career she’s bound to defect once Eastwood is ousted, she was first in line for a photo op with the Syrian puppet but didn’t come out to support the actual march for NAKBA it’s all about her.
---
Even the asylum seekers can see through Umars racism
I wonder what the non- European language was? If it even happened. I don’t understand how he can say this stuff and not be branded as far right yet if auld paddy Malone down the bar was to say it there would be hand wringing.

Reactions: 3

monga

VIP Member
Denmark opted out. We had a choice. Our TDs are working directly for Brussels. We will be obliged to take an unfair proportion cause it goes by our GDP which is artificially inflated by multi nationals. We are fucked. An to be honest, most people didn't bother their holes voting. I'm sad to say, there are fuck all fighting Irish men.
Hungary are being fined €1000,000 per day…Big sanctions.

Reactions: 2

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Another thought on Ms Seenoi Barr - if she was granted asylum from Kenya on the basis of being an 'anti FGM campaiger', why weren't FGM victims from Kenya also granted asylum in Derry at the same time? Or were they?
Surely they were at risk too?

Lico

Chatty Member
The place is overfull. Tents everywhere. Irish kids are losing out on school places. No doctor or dentist appointments.
What sinister messages are appearing? I hadn't heard about these?

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Just looking at the comments under his posts I think it’s goodbye 👋
Saying that politics is a funny old game, full of surprises but this year will be telling for a lot of candidates and the true face of public opinion.
I think the trouble will be a small turnout. People who are disengaged with the process whether in Ireland or the UK, and I don’t blame them as it is tough when politicians say one thing but then do the opposite. Major example is the Lib Dem’s in 2010 or so, they had made major inroads and seemed to be a good third choice in UK but then they did the Tory coalition but back tracked on some major things that people really bought into.
---
I should say as well this is the first time I have watched with any interest a southern election, possibly because people are suggesting there could be UI so I need to understand the lay of the land but also I’m fascinated by that referendum that no one asked for and how they so majorly were out of touch with what the people actually wanted/believed in.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
He doesn't seem to have a hope of being an MEP, going by odds. Is he actually popular in Ireland?

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I’d say marriage of convenience for her? Her husband is her sons full time carer , he’s changed his name to include hers, she’s a BLM activist her mayoral role will be looked at as a conquering achievement in a predominantly white city imo , she’s very ambitious I’d say her main focus will be to sit in the executive ( Stormont) I just find it shocking how she uses Derry in her BLM propaganda when it’s never been a thing here…Her brother has a compound and very well respected in Kenya , her inauguration speakers weren’t very diverse either for someone that rams it down the throat of others.
Just saw this pop up…Dreams of first minister…says it all!

---
Seems the entire Kenyan gov were there…Even changed the name to DiverCITY , it’s this that gets people’s back up.

---
I can't get my head around her supposedly having to flee Kenya and seek refugee status, while at the same time she seems happy that Kenyan officials attend her inauguration. And why are the Kenyan officials happy to attend if she is talking about Kenya in those terms?

I'm surprised that her husband agreed to be her son's full time carer.

Something not adding up here.... Is anyone over there properly questioning her story?

monga

VIP Member
We don't speak much Irish because of the way it is taught in schools. We are taught Irish as though we a fluent in it, so similar to how it's taught in gaeltacht areas. So we leave school able to recite poetry as gaeilge, but unable to converse in it.
Ironically, I have to now pay to learn Irish as an Irish adult while spoofers coming into us are been given free English lessons.
Yeah there’s limited funding for the Irish language, only natural it would be diluted by colonisation and the famine in the areas where it would’ve been used the most, we had very little Irish lessons in the north it wasn’t allowed during the troubles, even Irish history was off limits, it’s a bit lame to say people are not true patriots because they had their language taken from them, if he truly understood Irish culture he’d know that 🙄
---
It’s a bit ironic shaming these people for not speaking Irish when the same people would be admonishing the Brits for trying to eradicate(is that the word?) Irish culture for hundreds of years. It would come as no surprise that those in more working class areas probably speak less Irish if it wasn’t a priority in schools.
It’s only recently it’s had an upsurge because of investment and the GFA playing a part, my sons learning it at school and very good at it, we were never afforded that.
---
I know a couple of people from west Belfast and was surprised when they told me in the area they are from Irish is pretty much their first language. Possibly same area kneecap are from as they seem pretty fluent.

We did have to do a language at GCSE level. French or German. One thing I regret is not learning more as when I have been on holiday in Europe it is embarrassing that I can’t converse but they always make an effort to speak English.
It’s small pockets get funding …My friend is married to a German she had to jump through hoops to get citizenship they have to learn the language amongst other things they’re not permitted to vote until they’re naturalised citizens…English is more widely used throughout the world, it would be impossible to learn every language unless you’re a frequent visitor.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
This is him goading for a reaction , people were saying Croke Park was sacred to Irish culture.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
This guy is quite handsome. I think our mate has a rival. But is it traditional to go to the grave with a mini Irish fleg?

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
at least Paisley told you what you were getting,
That’s true he didn’t hide the hate, again shows how the likes of Umar and Lillian are far removed from Irish life if he thinks Paisley was a good Christian 😂