Dr Jessica Taylor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm kinda shocked that she's got rich off this. She seems quite obviously not a reliable source, would orgs use her? I can see how she'd be good on TV...

From never having heard of her, I now find her fascinating.

Her latest Twitter thread seems to be saying that "mentally-ill people should have that mental illness ignored in court, regardless of whether it impacts the case". Now, obviously if it doesn't, then no way it should be brought up. But if you have someone who is a pathological liar, or some sort of personality disorder (I'm sure the actually-qualified on this thread can provide better examples), and the fact that it is medically-recognised that they don't necessarily have a full grasp on reality is ignored, that must be prejudical to the other side ?
Unfortunately there is a lot of prejudice against mental illness that infects all areas of society, including the justice system. No diagnosis automatically makes someone an unreliable narrator. For example, suppose you have someone experiencing psychosis who believes that their water supply and food is poisoned and who is refusing to eat or drink because of that. Clearly they don't have capacity to make sound decisions around eating or drinking. But it doesn't logically follow that they're incapable of understanding that they've been raped or assaulted and of reporting that crime accurately. People experiencing mental illness are statistically far more likely to be victims of crime than perpetrators, but stigma means they are less likely to get justice. They deserve their evidence to be considered carefully in court, not to be undermined by the suggestion that they're ill and therefore untrustworthy.

Ironically, what Jess has done to Sally Ann - dismissing her as "obsessed", "fixated", and being manipulated by her care and support staff - is a perfect example of the type of behaviour she condemns here. She's tried to discredit Sally Ann by weaponizing her psychological distress against her.

Reactions: 17
So true. Sally Ann never showed any signs of being obsessed, or a stalker.
How dare Jess try and discredit her ...and using the POLICE, a power she has regularly said women in distress should not turn to, because they don't believe or help victims....weaponizing their symbolic authority against Sally Ann, so she can write "I've sent police to her." Why would police be needed anyway? Because a woman is tweeting about a negative experience with Jess? Makes no sense.

Reactions: 14
I would LOVE to know what the truth of this is.

If I recall correctly the people Jess is referring to are academics or administration from her PhD who said she should not be given a PhD because she'll bring the profession into disrepute.

Jess claims here it's because she was a working class mum.

I bet that's not the full story! Why were they concerned about her really?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4

If I recall correctly the people Jess is referring to are academics or administration from her PhD who said she should not be given a PhD because she'll bring the profession into disrepute.

I’m pretty sure that she isn’t the first working class Mum to get a PHD no matter how much she likes to think she is. I suspect they saw elements of the behaviour we’re all seeing and discussing here…

Reactions: 12
She says I believe that people tried to kick her out of her program, a few times, if I'm not mistaken....
Surely not for being a Mum?
I'm willing to believe mothers and single mothers particularly have a hard time and deserve credit for completing high level studies, but people are not usually kicked out for their personal life...

Reactions: 5
I believe they said that they thought she'd being psychology into disrepute, and I agree. I also think they might have got a bit personal in the email threads she gained access to, like people do.

But I don't believe that was the reason. I know people who do psychology qualifications much higher than jess', and are mothers.

Also, wasn't she married why doing her PhD?

Reactions: 2

It probably never happened in any version in this reality. In recent months she’s shown herself to be a real big liar so I’m calling into question any and everything she says at this point because i just can’t believe

Attachments

• Haha
I believe they said that they thought she'd being psychology into disrepute, and I agree. I also think they might have got a bit personal in the email threads she gained access to, like people do.

But I don't believe that was the reason. I know people who do psychology qualifications much higher than jess', and are mothers.

Also, wasn't she married why doing her PhD?
Yes, she was, "officially" she left her husband for Jaimi in 2019-20 by which time she already had a PhD

She's antagonistic and combative even when people broadly agree with her, I can't imagine she took any feedback well or is able to communicate accurately what feedback she received since she views everything as an unfounded attack.

Reactions: 6
I do believe someone's cross about ex employees and ex close friends sharing their experiences about her terrible behaviour here.

This just reads like narcissistic injury to me. Foot stomping nonsense.

She knows we know more that we havent shared here. She's trying to control the narrative.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
New to this thread but hi, have been silently observing for some time and came to see if anyone had posted about this yet.

I used to be a huge supporter of Jess and bought multiple people her books and used to sing her praises ten times over but have recently seen some worrying comments and views from her, especially seen as I work in the healthcare field, that’s made me question a lot.

I do believe someone's cross about ex employees and ex close friends sharing their experiences about her terrible behaviour here.

She knows we know more that we havent shared here. She's trying to control the narrative.
I’m honestly not sure what she wants by tweeting this? My head genuinely can’t grasp it. Other than gaining more traction and support from her followers, this tweet doesn’t and won’t solve anything that’s going on. Ideally the whole thing seems to need less of this and more private, honest communication between those that are involved in ongoing situations not additional piles on by tweeting asking if anyone is going to condemn the other party. This won’t help at all 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9

This is just bizarre? Who is she expecting to ‘step in’ and comment? I’m pretty sure most people have no idea this thread even exists, she 100% believes the world revolves around her.

It is quite amusing to watch her try to control everything. Every day her tweets reveal more and more about her own psychology.

Reactions: 11

Classic narcissist move. When they can no longer control you they will try to control how people see you.

Send them over here Jess. I’m sure there must be plenty who are starting to have uneasy feelings about you who would benefit from stepping out of your bubble to consider things more objectively.

Reactions: 10
My guess is that tweet is aimed specifically at her employees, whoever is left that is, and she wants them to post here in her defence.

She expected me to do the same on twitter. I ended up having to delete my account to stop her expecting me to weigh in on social media fights at 11pm on a Sunday.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Unfortunately there is a lot of prejudice against mental illness that infects all areas of society, including the justice system. No diagnosis automatically makes someone an unreliable narrator. For example, suppose you have someone experiencing psychosis who believes that their water supply and food is poisoned and who is refusing to eat or drink because of that. Clearly they don't have capacity to make sound decisions around eating or drinking. But it doesn't logically follow that they're incapable of understanding that they've been raped or assaulted and of reporting that crime accurately. People experiencing mental illness are statistically far more likely to be victims of crime than perpetrators, but stigma means they are less likely to get justice. They deserve their evidence to be considered carefully in court, not to be undermined by the suggestion that they're ill and therefore untrustworthy.

Ironically, what Jess has done to Sally Ann - dismissing her as "obsessed", "fixated", and being manipulated by her care and support staff - is a perfect example of the type of behaviour she condemns here. She's tried to discredit Sally Ann by weaponizing her psychological distress against her.
Absolutely. 💯.
There is another way of looking at this too. For example, say a person commits a very serious offence, a homicide, that is committed as a direct result of the defendant’s psychotic illness. Perhaps a mother that has killed her baby because she is experiencing a post puerperal psychosis? Now can you imagine their illness not being used in their defence in court? Of course it should. And they would rightly receive a hospital treatment order rather than a prison sentence.
Again Jess doesn’t know what she’s talking about because she doesn’t know the first thing about mental illness other than what she’s read in a textbook and she is absolutely not an expert.
Edit spelling

Last edited:
  • Heart
My guess is that tweet is aimed specifically at her employees, whoever is left that is, and she wants them to post here in her defence.

She expected me to do the same on twitter. I ended up having to delete my account to stop her expecting me to weigh in on social media fights at 11pm on a Sunday.
This will backfire on her. People will be curious enough to seek this thread out, and the evidence for unethical behaviour is compelling. All people have done here is collate things she said and did on Twitter and put them in one easy-to-find place. I suspect this is why she doesn't link to it - she wants people to believe that she's being bullied, but she isn't at all keen for them to find out what exactly has been said. With the exception of the snark about her fringe (and not to wee in anyone's cornflakes, but I agree that insulting someone's physical appearance isn't on) the critique here is all about behaviour that is genuinely questionable and hurtful, to say the least. If you put yourself and your work in the public domain then you can expect to be held accountable if your behaviour injures members of that public. She must really lack insight if she thinks that anyone reading this thread is likely to conclude that she's a blameless innocent party.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.