Dr Jessica Taylor #8 'Allo 'Allo - it's the tall poppy with the big boobies!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a bit OT but a while back I had the pleasure of working with some much better qualified people on the topic of trauma, I'm posting the link to their site here because it has things like grounding exercises, links to their podcasts, helpful resources and is generally a good example of what genuine trauma informed art and science intersectionality can look like if a collaborative and clinical approach is taken.
I can't comment on its usefulness or worth or whatever but compare and contrast the VF "resources" to their site.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She's back on her "doctors pathologise women going through menopause/perimenopause and put them on antidepressants!" bullshit. At least she's getting comments from women who have actually gone through this and are telling her that SSRIs are often prescribed for hot flashes

Reactions: 3
Is there anything that she doesn’t think she is the expert about?

Reactions: 4
She’s posted many things lately that have subsequently had lots of professionals telling her how she’s wrong (in decent critical ways).
Cynic in me says she’s doing it on purpose to get the engagement but also “see I told you they’re all against me/bullies.”

She’s posted many things lately that have subsequently had lots of professionals telling her how she’s wrong (in decent critical ways).
Cynic in me says she’s doing it on purpose to get the engagement but also “see I told you they’re all against me/bullies.”
My thoughts exactly!

I also think she uses provocative posts as a data mining exercise. Either to get stories that people share or to gauge whether a new "resource" would be viable. Probably lots of people do stuff like this, so I'm not judging that per se, but that is potentially another motivation

Reactions: 5
Heartened to see something slightly reassuring from the person I was worried about.

I hope she has a route to legal redress for reputational damage/personal injury.

Reactions: 12
Ages ago, when I still saw her as a young academic with a lot to contribute, I temporarily unfollowed her on Twitter because one evening my entire feed was clogged with frenzied tweets from her either arguing with or denouncing people. It was exhausting to read and it didn't seem to be achieving anything. I thought this was part of her own response to trauma, and while I felt sorry for her, I didn't want to be made into a spectator. I remember thinking it was as if she'd got stuck on one setting - she seemed incapable of having a conversation that was about communication rather than confrontation.

Now I would say that she has two settings, Compliment and Combat. She will gush over celebrities and lap up comments treating her as a celebrity, or she will fight people and rant about everyone who's wronging her/disagreeing with her (they're the same in her mind). That's it. This is why I don't think the combative tweets have all that much planning or calculation behind them. They just happen to be one of the only two frameworks she has for communication, and she doesn't know how to interact with anyone outside these templates.

Reactions: 12
I think her online behaviour totally follows the narcissistic abuse cycle.
The flattering and lovebombing when she sees some benefit to herself. Followed by the devaluation and DARVO when she gets triggered and the narcissistic rage comes out. That’s the one thing I don’t get about her fans, it’s really clear to see. It wasn’t long before I reeled at how confrontational and obnoxious she was and anyone who follows her for any length of time sees the pattern played out again and again.
IMG_6910.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Haven’t been following Jessica for some time- mostly because her output is so desperate grasping and boring- but every now and then she makes me belly laugh. This one had me chuckling so hard I had to come and say hi.

She has memed her own quote and posted twice. I’m laughing- but I would put my money on this being an pointed and direct post directed at some poor person who has questioned her in some way. Intentionally vague of course for plausible deniability.
3C69ACF5-6A8B-44D6-B91E-7B9B1019B373.jpeg

---
“In fact I’m so inspired by Jess’s reverence to her own words, from now on I will no longer speak- just frame my own wise words in beautiful memes for the world to learn and benefit from……. you’re welcome”
-Dr ButterJamCream

6D0EC264-AC1F-42D2-ACA0-F2FF0FBD5BA1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The flattering and lovebombing when she sees some benefit to herself. Followed by the devaluation and DARVO when she gets triggered and the narcissistic rage comes out. That’s the one thing I don’t get about her fans, it’s really clear to see.
It's that accessible cult leader dynamic; part MLM hun, part conspiracy theorist, massive over-inflation of wealth/lifestyle/intellect/achievements, wrapped up in tremendous levels of entitlement and self-confidence. I reckon that her loyal followers really believe that the narc rage is a legitimate response to the haterz because she's woven into everything this thread about how ""they" tried to take me down but I'm so strong, I won't let them!", probably exactly the type of people who're into all that red pill blue pill nonsense.

** Just editing this because I should probably qualify that I'm only talking about those very loyal hangers-onners, the ones who insisted that SA was a terrible stalker etc, not your average person (woman) who's suffered trauma and is looking for some sort of help from her.

Reactions: 4
Back to Victim Focus- my previous contribution to these threads was as current staff- happy to announce I’m now contributing as ex staff #Freedom #TheFutureIsBright #VictimFocusSurvivor

I want to share some of the realities of life there- but don’t want to give away my identity or place others at risk- especially considering her habit of using the courts and police to punch down- classy Jessica.

- re Jessica’s inbox- there was very little in the way of hate male or abusive content- genuinely very little. I would ALWAYS err towards the believe women position- but in this case I don’t. During my time, and I had access there was no evidence of stalking or abusive behaviour. Worth pointing out this included access to her personal messages.

There was some DMs- mostly vulnerable women. The lionesses share of the DMs went unanswered- not even a signposting automatic responder.

- she did at some stage get a member of staff to manage the inbox. The particular staff member although previously an IDVA was not an appropriate choice. Immature and one of the staff members responsible for a lot of abusive comments about women, feminists and Sally Ann. She was one of Jessica’s flying monkeys who turned up (on work time) to an online conference to harasss Sally Ann during a presentation she was making. Definitely a ringleader in terms of bullyingof other staff and Sally Ann.

Any way I digress. She was in charge of the inbox, and she made a document for Jessica of all the nice comments and presented it to her, gushing during a meeting. So to say social media is one of her main narc feeds is an understatement when it’s framed and presented with a ribbon.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
How many ex staff members are here now? When a number of your employees have similar experiences it takes a special level of delusion to not be able to reflect on your own behaviour at all and still denounce everyone else as the problem.

Honestly I commend all of you for being able to see her for what she is and escape from such a toxic environment.

Reactions: 11
There are a fair few of us!

And more, also, who aren't here, but who left and recognise Jessica for exactly who she is.

At one point, VF had 28 staff. At the end of last year they were down to something like 7.

No idea how many are still there now, but I'd hazard a guess it's not many.

I notice the VF Twitter and Instagram haven't been updated for ages - not enough staff to manage them?

Jessica would try to separate leaving staff from those who were staying. There were no leaving parties, and staff who left were often let go before their notice period. Sending goodbye emails to your colleagues wasn't allowed, you had to send them via the HR woman to sign off, and I know at least one goodbye email was changed before sending to staff, without consulting the author.

The colleague who did send a polite goodbye email without having it vetted was "told off" by the HR woman (who was little more than Jessica's mouthpiece / doer of her dirty work). I don't think she cared a bit though as she was leaving!

bleeping control freak, Jessica is. I strongly suspect she didn't want the staff speaking to each other so she could make up stories about why they left.

Another one left, and sent a letter explaining how unhappy she was with Jessica's conduct. Jessica told the rest of the staff she was baffled as to why she left, claiming she'd not told her anything

Those who were sacked, were often sacked quietly, with the rest of the staff not informed, leaving it to us to work out when to their email accounts were eventually switched off and their emails started bouncing.

How isolating it must be, to be sacked and none of your former colleagues ask if you are ok. You'd expect them to at least know you'd gone!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
How many ex staff members are here now? When a number of your employees have similar experiences it takes a special level of delusion to not be able to reflect on your own behaviour at all and still denounce everyone else as the problem.

Honestly I commend all of you for being able to see her for what she is and escape from such a toxic environment.

There are a lot! There was a round of sackings and resignations. Most who remained can all be described as unable to leave / financially dependent and also living in difficult circumstances (long term health issues/ domestic abuse situations/ dependents. As it happened there was then a round of ‘redundancies’ anyway and staff asked to cut their hours too. This is as a particularly cruel thing to do when there were continual promises of increased ours and pay, and when the staff generally worked consistently over their contracted hours. As for actual staff numbers- I need to get pencil and paper out and will get back to you,

In terms of hoping that Jessica would reflect-I think this is unlikely. With Jessica it’s not a case of whether she believes her own lies, or reflects on the impact she has on people in any real sense. In her mind anything/everything is justifiable if if gets her what she needs in that moment. And if anyone impedes on this then any punishment/abuse is also justifiable. Hence baseless accusations of stalking against Sally Anne, or calling the police on staff whose sole transgression was suggesting her public and private treatment of Sally Anne had gone too far.

Unfortunately she has over stretched some what. More will come out about this I’m sure-but bizarre that she never thought her lies- and lies to the police would catch up with her. I guess that this is because she thinks anything is justified in the moment. The future, concepts of accountabilit just don’t exist in her mind.

Reactions: 8
I know someone who left during that period, and from what she says, backs up everything ex staff are reporting here. On top of the unprofessional, bullying, controlling, behaviour she suffered I’d say she was left traumatised by the whole ordeal of working for Jessica.

I’ve been following the ERCC tribunal and often wondering what would have come out if employees of VF had taken Jessica to tribunal. From what I know, and evidence I’ve seen, she would be finished. I think most people would be shocked to see how she behaves as a manager.

• Sad
I know someone who left during that period, and from what she says, backs up everything ex staff are reporting here. On top of the unprofessional, bullying, controlling, behaviour she suffered I’d say she was left traumatised by the whole ordeal of working for Jessica.

I’ve been following the ERCC tribunal and often wondering what would have come out if employees of VF had taken Jessica to tribunal. From what I know, and evidence I’ve seen, she would be finished. I think most people would be shocked to see how she behaves as a manager.
I don’t think anyone works there long enough to be able to go to tribunal. Then again this link might suggest otherwise but there are tight timescales.
---

Reactions: 1
I don’t think anyone works there long enough to be able to go to tribunal. Then again this link might suggest otherwise but there are tight timescales.
---
There are reasons you can take employee to tribunal if under 2 yrs employment (if you look those up, you’ll get an idea of what was going on). There were certainly some serious cases where tribunal was on the cards at VF.
---
There are reasons you can take employee to tribunal if under 2 yrs employment (if you look those up, you’ll get an idea of what was going on). There were certainly some serious cases where tribunal was on the cards at VF.
correction take *employer* to tribunal, not employee

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It’s so frustrating that she seems to get away with treating people appallingly. I would imagine most staff when they leave are not in an emotional place where they can start the tribunal process.

I was scared of a bad reference. Or of her contacting my new employers with a vindictive message. Etc etc.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.