Dr Jessica Taylor #6 A personality rarer than her pearl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Womens Aid ever respond to the fact they are having her speak at their conference in Belfast?

Reactions: 3
it's very clear she's had no training that requires personal therapy/supervision/personal development groups or any sort of self-reflection whatsoever
very true. My understanding is that a lot of pgdip CBT do not require this, some case studies but not enough for practice. Those that do give accreditation as such require prior practice at undergraduate. (Unless there’s a random course somewhere)
Her wording of she doesn’t practice in CBT is interesting. It’s more she hasn’t got the right training/experience rather than a choice.

Reactions: 1
She really reveals deep insecurity when she posts this kind of stuff. She also invites many questions as she always embellishes / writes in a vague way about very significant claims.

Nobody who is confident in their career / academic history publishes posts like this. She stands out a mile and red flags herself for the sake of her ego.

CBT is such an odd choice given women’s support services / trauma services are very wary of it. It is not seen as appropriate in working with deep trauma. The NHS love it as it costs very little and often gives good results (initially).

Reactions: 8
very true. My understanding is that a lot of pgdip CBT do not require this, some case studies but not enough for practice. Those that do give accreditation as such require prior practice at undergraduate. (Unless there’s a random course somewhere)
Her wording of she doesn’t practice in CBT is interesting. It’s more she hasn’t got the right training/experience rather than a choice.
"Practise" cbt...she cant provide therapy ....so how could she practise it? She should be cautioned for speaking in such a misleading way

Reactions: 4
Decades of work in the sector is judt a red flag to me. Seems she did many things before entering vawg and has not spent decades committed to this cause....so fraudulent
When she says "decades of work" it makes her seem years older than she is.. and then I remember she's younger than me and it absolutely blows my mind!

Reactions: 2
When she says "decades of work" it makes her seem years older than she is.. and then I remember she's younger than me and it absolutely blows my mind!
Decades of work aged 33. Was her paper round particularly traumatic?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What strikes me in much of this is that considering the omniclustershamblefuck* that is the help, care, and support available for (fellow) people such as myself who have been raped or otherwise victimised; that she, just like all of the bleeping rapists out there, has looked at this situation, seen it, and their brains have thought, aha, here is an opportunity for me.

*using this word at a misogynistic Met Police officer who didn't like my attitude very much & led to him getting in touch with my GP suggesting I needed sectioning and claiming a false history of psychosis & was a danger to myself. In fact, very similar 'concerned' BS as the type JT was writing about Sally-Anne.

These are the kinds of experiences victims have going on & all JT bangs on about it herself. I've learnt that there are lots of horrible, nasty people out there willing to capitalise on others victimhood - simultaneously feeding off, and kicking victims when at their lowest.

Jessica, if you're reading this bang on about yourself as much as you like, you're nothing but a monstrous rape-vulture-vampire.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Dr Jessica - the rape culture vulture.
---
I struggle to see any point in her history where she actually worked on a voluntary basis, for any considerable length of time. Those of us who have will know how valuable that experience is. I’ve never felt the need to lie or embellish those experiences. She has to gain significant wealth and build brand / reputation from her work. That’s disgusting in the field of VAWG imho.

Reactions: 7
Yes, i also see very no experience in healthcare settings where she would actually meet psychiatrists and understand the way they operate....i get the sense she actually has no idea how they treat patients.

If shes including the sketchy eaton foundation as frontline work....it sounds like it was also an admin type org and even then focussed on male concerns and even then in a very limited way.

So she is completely inexperienced

She does realise that writing a book isn’t a qualification, right? And doesn’t mean that you have knowledge or experience of anything at all? You could know literally naff all about a subject and still fill a bunch of pages with nonsense, slap a relevant title on the front, sell a bunch of copies to yourself, and call yourself a bestseller…

Reactions: 9
When she says we trained police, who? Victim Focus is a rotating door and the only constants seem her, Jaimi and Jaimi's mom? Which of them trained police and what are their credentials to do so?

She's going on her standard anti-academic publishing rant again disguised as being against exploitation. The reality is none of her work is good enough to get through academic peer review and she can't bear to be rejected. There are lots of issues with academic publishing which are widely acknowledged yet again Jess is doing her performance of a one-woman crusade against the exploitative publishers being the only radical brave person to call out injustice 🙄 she's got a technique of choosing an issue and argument that already exists, acting like she's the first and only person to come up with it, and that any legitimate criticism (i.e. of her lack of peer review or her lack of nuance in anti psychiatry) as personal attacks from jealous sheeple trying to tear down this trailblazer

Reactions: 9
Doesn’t she also ‘own’ any published work by her VF staff on her website / reports? As per their contract?

She’s such a huge hypocrite. She can go on all she likes about tit like this and how she is bucking the trend but she has no qualms about treating her own staff in exactly the same way as academic publishers do. Worse, from the sounds of it.

Beware the ‘revolutionary’ who jumps up and down about her own mistreatment while using the master’s tools to keep others in place and ensure she is queen bee.

She paid her staff as little as £8000 a year, expected them to do hours of unpaid overtime on tit like defending her on the internet, bullied and threatened them, withheld references and pay, wouldn't let them work their notice period and she has the goddamn nerve to talk about "exploitation?"

• Angry
Reactions: 12
U do see a lot of staff or ex staff reviewing her books, arguing on the internet for her etc. How is this different from a cult?

Reactions: 6
She paid her staff as little as £8000 a year, expected them to do hours of unpaid overtime on tit like defending her on the internet, bullied and threatened them, withheld references and pay, wouldn't let them work their notice period and she has the goddamn nerve to talk about "exploitation?"
If you treat your staff this way there is no way u truly care about or assist or have empathy for women and girls. The inner workings of her business reflect her model. Its not like she is awful to staff then puts a smile on her face and shows kindness to vulnerable women who contact her. She simply doesnt respect others.

How can her reviews be ‘independent’ if she’s openly admitting she pays for them??

****NEWSFLASH****** Jess if you are paying for reviews they are not independent and I don’t think you are being mocked for the reasons you think you are, you are being challenged on why you avoid proper peer review from those who are better educated and more experienced than you are on the topics you try to write about 🤡🤡

I know of several people who were the ‘chosen’ ones and reviewed stuff for her but they certainly weren’t paid for it so either she’s lying AGAIN or she’s now paying people to say how fabulous her ramblings are 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.