Dr Jessica Taylor #6 A personality rarer than her pearl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i just realised jess and I got our psychology degrees from open uni at the exact same time, now wracking my brains to try and remember if i ever met her at one of the residential weeks that OU used to offer...there were quite a few awful characters from my memory 😬

but it's absolutely insane to me that she went straight from that degree to a PhD and claims to have worked directly with victims, knowing what sort of content was covered
What sort of content was covered?

i just realised jess and I got our psychology degrees from open uni at the exact same time, now wracking my brains to try and remember if i ever met her at one of the residential weeks that OU used to offer...there were quite a few awful characters from my memory 😬

but it's absolutely insane to me that she went straight from that degree to a PhD and claims to have worked directly with victims, knowing what sort of content was covered
I did round half of that degree and realised it wouldn’t be one to practice from. I’m also baffled how she jumped.
---
What sort of content was covered?
Basic psych theory (Freud, conditioning, childhood development), when I did it around the same time, with statistics added.
Nothing to practice with but I find most psych degrees are, it’s the post grad clinical psych that gives the practice elements from what I’ve seen.

The stuff JT says shows she’s no knowledge or experience beyond undergrad. Baffles me she has a phd.

Reactions: 7
Basic psych theory (Freud, conditioning, childhood development), when I did it around the same time, with statistics added.
Nothing to practice with but I find most psych degrees are, it’s the post grad clinical psych that gives the practice elements from what I’ve seen.

The stuff JT says shows she’s no knowledge or experience beyond undergrad. Baffles me she has a phd.
That sounds about right. An undergraduate degree is very much theory based; it's not until you do a professional doctorate or Stage 2 equivalent that you start to actually practice at practitioner level and become more client-facing. Which Jess hasn't completed, either.

I'm an assistant psychologist in a secure forensic hospital and can guarantee I've spent more time working directly with victims and perpetrators of crime/abuse/trauma than she has.

Reactions: 10
That sounds about right. An undergraduate degree is very much theory based; it's not until you do a professional doctorate or Stage 2 equivalent that you start to actually practice at practitioner level and become more client-facing. Which Jess hasn't completed, either.

I'm an assistant psychologist in a secure forensic hospital and can guarantee I've spent more time working directly with victims and perpetrators of crime/abuse/trauma than she has.
Psychotherapy/ counselling is much better for practice elements and theory. I’d bet I’d had more experience than she has within 2nd year of training within a few months of placement. It should be fairly obvious to a professional in the field.

It's been a very long time since my degree, but I studied psychology at Manchester University years ago (when it was one of the most competitive courses in the country, and I'm piss poor working class - have I got enough Jess points yet?!) and we did nothing that could be transferred into actual "front line" practice because, shockingly enough, that's not the purpose of an undergraduate psychology degree.

Reactions: 6
Gaaaah, it does get rather boring when narcissists throw their toys out of the pram trying to prove that they are the best at everything and beyond reproach because some people are critical of their obvious inconsistencies and unethical behaviour.

Reactions: 10
I didnt even need to read it lol, she follows the same patterns and if u go back a few years ud see her posting the exact same battle cries...its so ....ultimately....boring.

Is everyone out to get you snd are you being harassed and hated by horrible people? If this is happening daily and endlessly within ur own circles, by ur own clients, and supposed friends and people in the dv sector...maybe this is a misuse if the term harrassment...maybe ur just causing harm, constantly, and people who you have hurt are finding voice? Im sorry i didnt actually read it this time because i find her manipulative wording usually quite triggering of my own experience of being subjected to emotional abuse.

• Heart
OMG Jess stop reading this thread so obsessively, I'm literally embarrassed for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
"Worked in clinical and forensic work since you were 19 years old" when you were working in training and support roles, and not directly with survivors. "Awarded fellowships" ie professional memberships that have to be paid for; even if they gave you a year free, others in the industry can pay for it and get it. If your PhD is in forensic psychology, why aren't you registered as a forensic psychologist with HCPC and why don't you use the title ForenPsyD, which your university awards to people completing its doctorate in forensic psychology? Why was your thesis about "victim-blaming" in a context completely irrelevant to forensic psychology? You're a liar and an embarrassment

Reactions: 18
Decades of work in the sector is judt a red flag to me. Seems she did many things before entering vawg and has not spent decades committed to this cause....so fraudulent

• Heart
We've found out what her mysterious "med" role in a prison was btw: "a confidential project in a UK prison for one year which explored the trauma and safety of the prisoners and the staff" (from the same Facebook post.) Well that obviously wasn't medical was it, because you aren't qualified to practice clinically

She also says: "Alongside all of my work, I volunteered for 6 years in a mental health service, where I worked frontline with hundreds of men who were homeless, poverty, struggling with mental health, dependency, and trauma." That would be TEF, which according to its accounts for the year she left, had most of its money going on salaries - including hers!

We've found out what her mysterious "med" role in a prison was btw: "a confidential project in a UK prison for one year which explored the trauma and safety of the prisoners and the staff" (from the same Facebook post.) Well that obviously wasn't medical was it, because you aren't qualified to practice clinically

She also says: "Alongside all of my work, I volunteered for 6 years in a mental health service, where I worked frontline with hundreds of men who were homeless, poverty, struggling with mental health, dependency, and trauma." That would be TEF, which according to its accounts for the year she left, had most of its money going on salaries - including hers!
She tells so many lies and half truths it's getting harder for her to keep up, she literally exposes herself at this stage and the longer she keeps going the more people are starting to see who she really is!

• Haha
She didnt "volunteer" for the eaton foundation, did she? She and her husband created and ran it, so could say their roles are whatever they wanted....

• Heart
"I am the author of a totally free course for anyone subjected to sexual violence to process what happened to them, which has been taken by over 60,000 people since 2019" - containing material that is potentially triggering/harmful to survivors, and you use said course to mine data and future content from them

"I am the author of hundreds of free, public and confidential reports, articles, papers, evidence reviews, plans, strategies and resources addressing victim blaming and pathologisation of women and girls" - none of them peer-reviewed, all worthless because you DON'T have the expertise you say you do

"I am the author of the validated psychometric measure BOWSVA Scale which tests victim blaming of women in general public samples" - it's used pretty much exclusively by you/VF, and is hugely hypocritical since you and your company engage in victim-blaming

"I sit on several executive and strategy boards as an expert in VAWG and trauma-informed approaches. I have consulted on, and worked on, many popular TV series, films, documentaries and other media. I consult on scripts and structures of new dramas, films and TV shows about rape, abuse and violence against women and girls" - this means you're a good salesperson not an expert psychologist

• Heart
Seeing my abuser tbh in her narc bragging. He also loved to talk about his many years work and try angle the prestige card...that his work was used by x for y and hes known and loved by famous people.

Its a no from me on her scale and other metric testing for trauma...no thank you. Shes very biassed with product to sell and a business promoting product in the self help arena so any testing is biassed to garner her new customers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Wonder what happened to that series Fraudsters by Crackit productions /Hackett CEO.

As far as I recall only one episode aired.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think Jess is upset with all of you for questioning her experience/qualifications here over the last 24hrs 😂
Ah, so no qualifications or experience for most of what she speaks about then.
PGdip in CBT tend to vary. If giving benefit of the doubt it’s one that enables practice as CBT, CBT is known as one of controversy and very specific. Doesn’t give the variety and nuance in mental health and therapy. Further confirming she’s a very fixed viewpoint and knowledge.

Reactions: 1
Ah, so no qualifications or experience for most of what she speaks about then.
PGdip in CBT tend to vary. If giving benefit of the doubt it’s one that enables practice as CBT, CBT is known as one of controversy and very specific. Doesn’t give the variety and nuance in mental health and therapy. Further confirming she’s a very fixed viewpoint and knowledge.
it's very clear she's had no training that requires personal therapy/supervision/personal development groups or any sort of self-reflection whatsoever

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.