Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder what 'a lot more damning' means? It's hard to imagine she can get much worse tbh. I wonder if ex employees have come forward, or others who's stories she's used?
I can't see it triggering any kind of behaviour change from her though. I think she's just going to carry on regardless.
No doubt she'll attempt to carry on regardless. Whether her fans do is another matter. Her number of followers has dropped, and continues to and her work in VAWG and mental health sector will inevitably be impacted. These are small worlds and people talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think it's directly a response to criticisms she's reading here (hi Jess!!)

Particularly this "I'm so caring and support and appreciate others" bit

"It wasn’t just about the fact that he was a friend either, because one of my favourite things to do is to enjoy and appreciate the talent of others. Amazing singers. Incredible figure skaters. Wonderful authors. Brilliant public speakers. Breath taking photographers. Successful business people. "

Reactions: 5

"It wasn’t just about the fact that he was a friend either, because one of my favourite things to do is to enjoy and appreciate the talent of others. Amazing singers. Incredible figure skaters. Wonderful authors. Brilliant public speakers. Breath taking photographers. Successful business people. "
The thing is that if you appreciate the talents of others, you don’t need to state that you do. You just do it.

I feel like she is incapable of showing appreciation for others without making it about herself - I would bet this applies particularly in areas she would like to have specific talents & skills but doesn’t.

Reactions: 6
Well said, it's a very narcisstic trait. It must pain her to see others success.

Healthy ppl admire others, enjoy and respect other people in their field. Explains why she's such an island and doesn't collaborate or involve other respected feminists.

Except, I guess, Dr Proudman recently, who seems similar to her but who knows may have more skill or credibility.

Reactions: 2

She has the self awareness of a baked bean. If you want to celebrate others you talk about their qualities , but Jess writes an essay about her thoughts and it becomes, as always, all about how she's right and other people are all wrong. She's good and everyone else is bad.

She thinks she's some superior brain, a great thinker, but she doesn't have the shred of empathy required to view other people as more than props in the Jess show or the intelligence to realise how self-congratulatory a post that is ostensibly about someone else comes across to anyone with normal relationships with others.

Reactions: 12
It's incredibly disgusting!!! Unbelievable.

If u wanted to celebrate Ur friend, link to where you can buy his stuff, or film a ranty tiktok with his work in the background, and credit him.

Same with other women, prop up their art, their words, their stories.

Look at Roxane Gay, she has an "emerging writers" series where she sends people essays written by her students, writers she finds...I honestly don't know where she sources them, but if she finds a new voice she admires in fiction, she won't stop promoting them.

Jess hogs the limelight for herself, often at the expense of others.

Reactions: 7
I laughed a lot at this -a parable of the egos. What would Jesus say?. 🙃
Humble brag doesn't capture this type of strategy - what would be a good phrase for this type of faux learning back handed swing at the people she positions as haters?

Reactions: 3
I'm reminded of a non-fiction author whose first novel was panned by Publishers Weekly (the reviewer basically went, "It's trash, but no doubt the fans will send it straight up the bestseller list"). The author then put "Straight up the bestseller list" - Publishers Weekly on the book's website, so if you hadn't read the review in full, you'd think it was a glowing endorsement. I get much the same vibe from JT - to her all criticism is rooted in bitter envy at her amazing talent, which means that all criticism is praise in disguise.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
can anyone show me the tweets were JT allegedly said the women were delusional for thinking they were in the book please

Reactions: 1
Ha we all know who the author, public speaker and business person is, herself obviously. Jaimi is obviously the photographer--the laughably cheesy 'moon' picture which inspired the title of the last thread. I want to know who the figure skater is??? Please don't tell me she harbours an ambition to go on Dancing on Ice, her being an A list celeb and all that....

Now Sally Ann has proved that JT has been lying all along about police action against her, wouldn't it just be deliciously ironic if she took action for defamation? I would say she has a much better case as it really is damaging to someone's character and career to call them a stalker and repeatedly tell your millions (?) of followers that they have actually been cautioned and are awaiting charges. I would contribute to that gofund...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
SA has posted vids online of her calling the police to confirm that JT’s claims of “awaiting charging advice” are false.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
SA has posted vids online of her calling the police to confirm that JT’s claims of “awaiting charging advice” are false.
She's claimed all sorts - that SA was charged and bailed AND that she is awaiting charges to be brought- which is it Jess? That she has been warned by the police to have no contact with Jess, that she has had all her devices seised.

Her claims went from it basically being a wellness check to SA having her laptop seised an investigation against her and her being issued with a non mol.

It seems to have escalated and got pretty out of hand of Jess. I'm really not sure how she can keep with her story now.

She'll take some time to work out how she can twist it into something else, or just ignore it in the hope it'll go away. It's pretty damning stuff now though. Which is so incredible as she must have known SA would be able to easily prove no action has been taken against her - but I guess Jess was banking oh the fact that victims are often not believed.

And all this could have been avoided with a "I'm sorry sallyann, I'll remove that blog post immediately"

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Just saw this. Jumped out as I never see JT talking up someone else, without reference to herself / her own situation. But it’s just the same me, me, me.

‘Don’t make it about yourself’.

Does she even realise she is doing it?
This was the exact theme of a well-known podcast on mental health recently. I wonder if she listened to it and felt ‘inspired’ to rehash the content and pass it off as her own original thought?

The irony.

Random collection of Jess tweets, including:

“abusers threaten you with lawyers/police”

“I’m not going to report anyone to police/lawyers”

and

“women should be able to post online without being arrested”

Edited to add a bonus screenshot of “isn’t it funny you can only voice your opinion if you agree, if you criticise them it’s hate speech”

Attachments

Last edited:
As a lawyer I loathe people who use empty threats of legal action/police reporting etc to intimidate people who might not know that there's no substance to it. I consider those who do this the absolute lowest of the low. So it makes sense that Jess has done just that.

Reactions: 14
It seems the police are treating Jessica as the perp. I’ve seen this kind of response from them before, with perps accusing their victims of something as part of the abuse. Appease the perp (never making any firm statements / promises to charge but not saying they won’t either), close the case quietly.

They can see what’s going on. Jessica is the one being ‘managed’.

Reactions: 9
I see now she's suggesting she is somehow behind the new government definition of trauma-informed practice---only when you actually go onto the gov.uk webpage via the link it says: 'The working definition presented in this document reflects the original internationally recognised definition developed by the United States Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)', and when you follow the link onto the SAMHSA page, their manual was produced in 2014! Own goal Jess, as it was developed before you even did your degree!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.