Dr Jessica Taylor #3 Everyone's favourite moon-howling guru

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve glad I’ve come across this thread as I’ve been watching this all unfold on Twitter for months and been horrified at it all.
I know psychology isn’t the same as nursing but if you make a complaint about a health trust or a hospital, if you aren’t satisfied with the response to the complaint you can escalate it higher and it will be considered by a different body. Is there anything like this when you’re making a complaint about a ‘psychologist’? (Using that term very loosely)
The response reads in a very unprofessional way to me - I’ve made a complaint about a healthcare service before and the complaint response was three pages long and addressed every single point I made, quoting me and responding to almost every sentence, and providing facts and evidence. That email SA received seems very half-hearted and brief and I felt frustrated reading it and it wasn’t even addressed to me, so I can’t imagine how she must have felt. I hope she manages to get some free legal representation.

Reactions: 9
This is why Bramley was so quick to defend the chat. Threatening to beat people up who disagree with you, when you work for an organisation fighting to protect women from violence is fine as long as there's context to it.
One hopeful example of the VAWG sector catching on to VF and Jessica - a UK rape crisis centre has incorporated those leaked screenshots into training to demontrate what NOT TO DO when running an organisation based on trauma informed, feminist principles. And before Jaimi and Bramley rush in with accusations of racism and shouts of 'but it's only a joke!', yes - this centre is aware that the scene is from 8 Mile and the context is a rap battle. It is still quite obviously considered highly inappropriate, anti-feminist and unprofessional, and Jessica's approval and encouragement understood to be an example of appalling leadership.

The DARVO going on here is clear to all who truly care about the values and ethics underpinning victims and women's services. Using the masters tools will never work, and their failure to critically reflect on their values and behaviour as an organisation, as well as their attempts to deflect in recent tweets are cringeworthy. It also confirms those screenshots are genuine (there was room for the possibility that they may be fake when they first leaked), given they feel proud to own them in this way. It's really distrubing how comfortably VF 'leaders' slip into perpetrator mode to attempt to defend their right to trash survivors.

Reactions: 11
I’ve glad I’ve come across this thread as I’ve been watching this all unfold on Twitter for months and been horrified at it all.
I know psychology isn’t the same as nursing but if you make a complaint about a health trust or a hospital, if you aren’t satisfied with the response to the complaint you can escalate it higher and it will be considered by a different body. Is there anything like this when you’re making a complaint about a ‘psychologist’? (Using that term very loosely)
The response reads in a very unprofessional way to me - I’ve made a complaint about a healthcare service before and the complaint response was three pages long and addressed every single point I made, quoting me and responding to almost every sentence, and providing facts and evidence. That email SA received seems very half-hearted and brief and I felt frustrated reading it and it wasn’t even addressed to me, so I can’t imagine how she must have felt. I hope she manages to get some free legal representation.
Sadly not, the BPS aren't really a regulatory authority so they can't do anything. Practitioner psychologists are registered with the HCPC and can be struck off or suspended if there are concerns. But Jess isn't a practitioner psychologist.

Reactions: 1
« Nothing has changed except my hair. »

No change, I’m afraid. It’s still tit. And you do entertain me, even if unintentionally.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gloating on FB. Yes a repost of an old post. But it’s pretty tone deaf at this time
Kudos is the main thing she cares about. People who don't care about praise don't lash out at every single person who offers even mild disagreement. They don't make dozens of posts declaring how little they care, and how they only discuss great ideas and theories, unlike their gossipy detractors (whom they spend an extraordinary amount of time ranting about for all that). They don't retweet and like all the comments made in support of them. They don't assume every bit of criticism, no matter how measured, is part of a grand conspiracy to bring them down. Her actions are those of a person who views disagreement as abuse and constant flattery as no more than her due. The most damning thing of all is how she has behaved to Sally Ann and Rosie. People who don't care about being popular and are genuinely committed to this work don't have any hesitation about acknowledging their mistakes, because they care about the welfare of vulnerable people more than anything. Jessica couldn't just apologise to Sally Ann in private and commit to having SA's story removed from future imprints of the book because that would mean admitting mistakes to her publisher, and she can't bear to be perceived as anything less than brilliant. She cares about kudos all right.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone know what happened to this fund raiser????
contents of the email are below was sent in 2020 obviously the link goes to go fund me but says it can no longer be found

Introducing the new VictimFocus GoFundMe Campaign!

Click here to watch our campaign video

You are the FIRST to hear about this exciting new venture!
Founded in 2017, VictimFocus is an engaging, critical, and fast-paced company with a focus on social issues impacting millions of people each year.
VictimFocus provides consultancy, training, education, resources, books, webinars, and free materials which focus on the abuse, oppression and violence against victims of crime.

But we need your support to help us grow.

As a loyal supporter of VictimFocus, any donations you make between 4-10 August will qualify you for a SURPRISE THANK YOU GIFT.

Donate here today!
Aworld-widefocus1-9900000000079e3c.png

Now in 2020, we have a small team, but the pace of demand for VictimFocus resources has outstripped our ability to keep up! We are looking to find ways to create, develop and translate our unique resources and training materials for everyone around the world.

Your donation would help us reach a world-wide audience; we are always being asked to translate our resources into different languages, such as Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and German. In the past we have been able to work with volunteers for these small projects, but we need to create translations for all our resources, in as many languages as possible.

Moreresourcesbetteraccessibility-9900000000079e3c.png

The core message of VictimFocus is “challenge, change, influence.” Not only will translations for our unique resources and training materials accomplish that goal, but we also want to develop more resources and more training. VictimFocus creates professional, ethical resources and training at low cost for charities, schools, and other organisations and individuals in order to make a big impact on people’s lives.
The cost of many professional resources can be hundreds of pounds. At VictimFocus, we are determined to continue to create resources and training at a fraction of this price. Our products are evidenced, critical, ethical, and affordable. We are committed to keeping them that way.
Your donation will help us to develop more resources and training, maintain low prices, and to ensure our work remains accessible to all.

Theimpactofyourdonation.-9900000000079e3c.png

Your donation will help influence and change the world! With your help, we will do the following:
  1. Translate our resources into the top 10 most spoken languages in the world
  2. Create more resources and training materials for professionals and individuals committed to ending victim blaming around the world
  3. Continue to keep the prices for our unique resources and training at a fraction of the cost of other resources on the market
  4. Lengthen our reach to authorities, charities, and other organisations around the world through our translations and expanding catalogue of resources and training

Asathankyou-9900000000079e3c.jpg

To show our heartfelt appreciation for your contribution, we would like to offer a series of gifts for each person who donates.
  1. For any donation up to £20: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor
  2. For donations up to £40: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor and a unique resource only available through donating to this GoFundMe
  3. For donations up to £60: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor, a unique resource only available through donating to this GoFundMe, and access to an exclusive webinar (not recorded) with Dr Jessica Taylor
  4. For any donation above £60: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor, a unique resource only available through donating to this GoFundMe, access to an exclusive webinar (not recorded) with Dr Jessica Taylor, and a copy of one of our new resources developed as a result of this GoFundMe success
Please ensure your email address is visible (or contact us separately) so we can send your thank you gifts when the time comes!
Remember - any donations received between 4-10 August will qualify for a SURPRISE THANK YOU GIFT!

Donate here today!
Aworld-widefocus1-9900000000079e3c.png
Moreresourcesbetteraccessibility-9900000000079e3c.png
Theimpactofyourdonation.-9900000000079e3c.png
Asathankyou-9900000000079e3c.jpg

“Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card signed by Dr Jessica Taylor”.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ha ha how narcissistic, as if she's some sort of super celebrity!! It's really quite laughable...
The constant mention of her name (title always included, naturally, just in case you'd forgotten she has a PhD in the space of half a line) is quite a red flag, as is the way that most of the thank-you gifts feature her. If I think about related organisations in the sector - Rape Crisis, Refuge, Suzy Lamplugh Trust, Women's Aid, Filia, etc. - I would not be able to name the leadership off the top of my head, despite attending conferences run by these groups and quite often signposting people to them. This is because the most prominent things about them are their mission and the services they provide. The mission is centre stage, and the staff are the backstage producers and technicians making it happen. At Victim Focus, Dr Jessica Taylor is the main event. The spotlight is always on her. Victim Focus is a glorified fan club, and any help it provides to women is incidental.

Reactions: 16
Just remembered Bramley wrote a paper with Jess on how to support survivor speakers & experts, like Rachel williams, who she called a twit.

Survivor speakers like SallyAnn, who Jess doxxed and reported to the police for complaining about her story being used without permission.

Why is anyone still listening to anything VF say?

At Victim Focus, Dr Jessica Taylor is the main event. The spotlight is always on her. Victim Focus is a glorified fan club, and any help it provides to women is incidental.
This is spot on

contents of the email are below was sent in 2020 obviously the link goes to go fund me but says it can no longer be found

Founded in 2017, VictimFocus is an engaging, critical, and fast-paced company with a focus on social issues impacting millions of people each year.
VictimFocus provides consultancy, training, education, resources, books, webinars, and free materials which focus on the abuse, oppression and violence against victims of crime.

As a loyal supporter of VictimFocus, any donations you make between 4-10 August will qualify you for a SURPRISE THANK YOU GIFT.

Donate here today!

Now in 2020, we have a small team, but the pace of demand for VictimFocus resources has outstripped our ability to keep up! We are looking to find ways to create, develop and translate our unique resources and training materials for everyone around the world.

Your donation would help us reach a world-wide audience; we are always being asked to translate our resources into different languages, such as Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and German. In the past we have been able to work with volunteers for these small projects, but we need to create translations for all our resources, in as many languages as possible.

The core message of VictimFocus is “challenge, change, influence.” Not only will translations for our unique resources and training materials accomplish that goal, but we also want to develop more resources and more training. VictimFocus creates professional, ethical resources and training at low cost for charities, schools, and other organisations and individuals in order to make a big impact on people’s lives.
The cost of many professional resources can be hundreds of pounds. At VictimFocus, we are determined to continue to create resources and training at a fraction of this price. Our products are evidenced, critical, ethical, and affordable. We are committed to keeping them that way.
Your donation will help us to develop more resources and training, maintain low prices, and to ensure our work remains accessible to all.

Your donation will help influence and change the world! With your help, we will do the following:
  2. Create more resources and training materials for professionals and individuals committed to ending victim blaming around the world
  3. Continue to keep the prices for our unique resources and training at a fraction of the cost of other resources on the market
  4. Lengthen our reach to authorities, charities, and other organisations around the world through our translations and expanding catalogue of resources and training

To show our heartfelt appreciation for your contribution, we would like to offer a series of gifts for each person who donates.
  1. For any donation up to £20: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor
  2. For donations up to £40: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor and a unique resource only available through donating to this GoFundMe
  3. For donations up to £60: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor, a unique resource only available through donating to this GoFundMe, and access to an exclusive webinar (not recorded) with Dr Jessica Taylor
  4. For any donation above £60: Unique, personalised VictimFocus thank you card, signed by Dr Jessica Taylor, a unique resource only available through donating to this GoFundMe, access to an exclusive webinar (not recorded) with Dr Jessica Taylor, and a copy of one of our new resources developed as a result of this GoFundMe success
Please ensure your email address is visible (or contact us separately) so we can send your thank you gifts when the time comes!
Remember - any donations received between 4-10 August will qualify for a SURPRISE THANK YOU GIFT!

Donate here today!View attachment 1623242View attachment 1623243View attachment 1623244View attachment 1623245
I'm sure I heard that the gofundme for this was asking for something ridiculous like £45k, I don't know if they got it. But for a company breaking a million next year, to be doing a gofundme for something like this is odd.

Loads of women offered to translate the site for free, but she'd ignored them. There are programs at a fraction of the cost that will translate for you.

The whole thing was a bit ridiculous.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Donate here today!

Donate here today!View attachment 1623242View attachment 1623243View attachment 1623244View attachment 1623245
This raised about 2k and disappeared.

She originally wanted 80k as the goal, she did a Facebook live video for the launch, but blamed "radfems" for the lack of donations.

I couldn't get her to commit to creating any of the donation gifts, despite her signing off on the entire programme. It was infuriating.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

The launch is here, but duck me if I'm watching a 48min video on it.

At about 25mins (I'm skimming through), she talks about the report with Bramley, which she wrote because she was so disgusted at victims stories being exploited. I don't think there is anything that she criticises others for that she hasn't done herself.

This raised about 2k and disappeared.

She originally wanted 80k as the goal, she did a Facebook live video for the launch, but blamed "radfems" for the lack of donations.

I couldn't get her to commit to creating any of the donation gifts, despite her signing off on the entire programme. It was infuriating.
What was the supposed motivation of these radfems? My experience has been the other way round - I know a few women through radfem activist circles whose entire feminism now seems to be about being GC, with no other priorities, and they insist on supporting JT because they perceive her to be GC too. I'm aware that a lot of long-time feminist activists in that quarter are now sceptical of her, but at the time that GoFundMe was launched, wouldn't she have been at the height of her popularity? What possible reason could anyone have had for scuppering her GoFundMe? And even if they had wanted to, the radfem community really isn't that big - by what nefarious means were they supposed to be interfering with her donations? It's astonishing to me how she manages to convince herself that she's the object of all these cunning plots and stratagems.

Reactions: 4
She put a lot in it, expecting people to give her £80k during the height of the pandemic was reaching to be fair. Saying that, that was the same time she was buying her house and popping off to France because she was bored.

I think she just got left a bit embarrassed by its lack of uptake and abandoned it, like she does with 90% of her projects.

Just remembered Bramley wrote a paper with Jess on how to support survivor speakers & experts, like Rachel williams, who she called a twit.

Survivor speakers like SallyAnn, who Jess doxxed and reported to the police for complaining about her story being used without permission.

Why is anyone still listening to anything VF say?
Right?! And several of her tweets aged like milk...
Screenshot_20221003-152339_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221003-152422_Twitter.jpg

The audacity lol. "...I have deliberately not spoken on this for that reason."

But she "would never" do such a thing, so I guess it's fine.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Right?! And several of her tweets aged like milk...View attachment 1623776View attachment 1623777

The audacity lol. "...I have deliberately not spoken on this for that reason."

But she "would never" do such a thing, so I guess it's fine.
I’m perplexed at how she can still be denying it even after her publisher admitted it and Sally Ann has proved without a doubt that she is ‘Faye’ she is so embedded in her bullshit she just can’t back down despite all the clear evidence against her that shows she’s lied and is still lying. That’s some next level fuckery.

Reactions: 4
Right like when said every woman in SBP has ONGOING consent. Like it evolves and they're happy with the outcome.

It would take her 2 minutes to remove sa's blog post from her website.

How is it ongoing consent if a person asks to take it down and she doesn't?

Also duck the BPS.

Reactions: 3
Right like when said every woman in SBP has ONGOING consent. Like it evolves and they're happy with the outcome.

It would take her 2 minutes to remove sa's blog post from her website.

How is it ongoing consent if a person asks to take it down and she doesn't?

Also duck the BPS.
SA never said she was in Sexy But Psycho, she said she was in WWABFE. Jess mentioning SBP in her statement was deflection and her attempt at vindicating herself from any possible wrongdoing ever and not just the very specific case of using SAs story without consent. She has used their findings as a blanket 'get out of jail free' card covering all the work she has ever done.

I’m perplexed at how she can still be denying it even after her publisher admitted it and Sally Ann has proved without a doubt that she is ‘Faye’ she is so embedded in her bullshit she just can’t back down despite all the clear evidence against her that shows she’s lied and is still lying. That’s some next level fuckery.
She is now saying she is in there, with consent. The BPS are agreeing. I think they are focusing on the fact that the discussion with SA was not part of official research. Although, let's me fair, Jess will have bullshited them too if they questioned her on it (which I'd really like to think they did).

Reactions: 3
Tbh I doubt they questioned her much. Maybe I have not much faith in how orga like that work, but it would seem they'd just want to put it to bed and do nothing unless they have evidence of something enormous. This is really wrong, and means so many practitioners aren't held to basic standards.

In any other job Jess would be disciplined.

There is a lot of emphasis put on protecting drs from, vexatious complaints, which Jess has desperately been trying to depict SA as, to the deteriment and disrespect of her true status as someone vulnerable who reached out to Jess. SA would he similar to many women in that regard, it shows a bigger picture of how she conducts her research.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.