Donna Cowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know what she did with the steak though to make it look so rank 🤢
Mate, I'm vegan and even I knew that wasn't right!

Also I think she's misunderstood the terms of the extended household/social bubble situation... AFAIK you choose one household to bubble up with as a single household. My husband works away so I'm in an extended household with my parents which has been a godsend being on my own with 2 under 2 for weeks at a time. But Donna was with her mum (drinking gifted cocktails) last weekend and her brother (eating gifted steak) last night. Maybe I'm missing something?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Also I think she's misunderstood the terms of the extended household/social bubble situation... AFAIK you choose one household to bubble up with as a single household. My husband works away so I'm in an extended household with my parents which has been a godsend being on my own with 2 under 2 for weeks at a time. But Donna was with her mum (drinking gifted cocktails) last weekend and her brother (eating gifted steak) last night. Maybe I'm missing something?
Makes no sense to my why she’s being gifted steaks from Porter and Rye anyway. Gifting idiots like her is how to lose the respect and reputation you’ve built.

Reactions: 7
I had a Porter & Rye steak at home this weekend that I actually paid for! The one you pay for comes with two sides, so I got potatoes and Mac and Cheese! It looks like she got every side and sauce on offer for free!

Really pisses me off when I paid good money for it and had I seen Donna’s #gift before I bought it I wouldn’t have ordered!

it’s funny how ‘influencers’ can actually influence you not to buy!

As a side note! The steak was fantastic but it was the the most bland and runny peppercorn sauce I’ve ever had!

Reactions: 11
I had a Porter & Rye steak at home this weekend that I actually paid for! The one you pay for comes with two sides, so I got potatoes and Mac and Cheese! It looks like she got every side and sauce on offer for free!

Really pisses me off when I paid good money for it and had I seen Donna’s #gift before I bought it I wouldn’t have ordered!

As a side note! The steak was fantastic but it was the the most bland and runny peppercorn sauce I’ve ever had!
I bet you cooked your steak properly though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I remember she put up a bitchy story months ago and it went along the lines of “I CAN SEE MY BROTHER BECAUSE HES A WIDOWER OK???” And I just thought .... what a bleep 😂 nobody would question who you were visiting if you weren’t exploiting it everywhere

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I had been thinking of ordering their ‘at home’ this month during lockdown but after seeing that they’re handing out the entire menu to people like her I would rather give my hard earned cash to another local restaurant. It’s quite misleading to see all the food she got when actually you get 1 side and 1 sauce per person. I am so done with constantly seeing gifted items all over Instagram and I know that when I see gifted on someone’s posts now it makes me not want to buy it rather than influencing me to buy it, and I know most of my friends feel the same. Maybe it’s just because of how this year has been that’s amplified it but it feels as though gifted items are becoming more and more extravagant and tasteless.

Reactions: 14
I had been thinking of ordering their ‘at home’ this month during lockdown but after seeing that they’re handing out the entire menu to people like her I would rather give my hard earned cash to another local restaurant. It’s quite misleading to see all the food she got when actually you get 1 side and 1 sauce per person. I am so done with constantly seeing gifted items all over Instagram and I know that when I see gifted on someone’s posts now it makes me not want to buy it rather than influencing me to buy it, and I know most of my friends feel the same. Maybe it’s just because of how this year has been that’s amplified it but it feels as though gifted items are becoming more and more extravagant and tasteless.

I get that, it’s almost like you’re hard earned money is going to feed these ‘influencers’ for free

Reactions: 10
She’s off to
I get that, it’s almost like you’re hard earned money is going to feed these ‘influencers’ for free
Exactly! Isn’t she moving to Dubai so it’s not like she’s ever going to make a purchase herself is she? 😡

Reactions: 3
I feel like this too, the moment I see a business has fired all their products out to an influencer, or invited them along for free treatments, it makes me so disappointed and instantly makes me change my mind on using them. I really didn’t think P&R would have needed to beg for business that way. Guess I’ll just stick with my Lidl steaks then 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
111 by Modou is going to be my last pre-Christmas extravagant takeaway I think.

Reactions: 1

Id imagine, it could be justified that her bubble is her mum and her brothers bubble is her. Not saying thats what is happening but it could be.

The rules are wacky anyway.

Reactions: 3
Id imagine, it could be justified that her bubble is her mum and her brothers bubble is her. Not saying thats what is happening but it could be.

The rules are wacky anyway.
I disagree. England have bubbles, Scotland have extended households where 2 households join and behave as one. You can only be in one extended household. She has a big following and shouldn’t be blatantly flaunting the rules.

Reactions: 6
I disagree. England have bubbles, Scotland have extended households where 2 households join and behave as one. You can only be in one extended household. She has a big following and shouldn’t be blatantly flaunting the rules.
They might be kinda keeping an eye on her brothers mental health. Wife dead then house robbed of all her possessions etc. Might not be the rules to the letter but after hearing of the 3rd suicide in my outer circle in about 2 months then I can see the other side of things too. It’s not all black and white.

I also have a lot of people helping me with childcare as I am a student nurse and my parents both work and partner recently walked out so to complete my degree people need to get her from nursery and it can’t always be the same person as the majority are also nurses and work shifts.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.