Donna Cowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker etc etc
I’ve known of (and disliked) Donna from seeing her insta for the past couple of years... but I don’t actually know how she has such a big following?
I’ve tried a google search but haven’t found anything, would someone mind explaining to me why she’s an ‘influencer’? Was she featured on a TV show or something?

Thanks in advance!
I think she built up a following a few years ago when she was really big into the gym. I heard of her through girls at work who used to talk about how ripped she was way back before Instagram was a big thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I lived in Saudi with my hubby for nearly two years for his work, you’d be surprised what goes on.
See realistically, what would a tax bill be for him to just come over for a few weeks?! Surely it wouldn’t be more than her flying to him to stay in a hotel

Reactions: 2
See realistically, what would a tax bill be for him to just come over for a few weeks?! Surely it wouldn’t be more than her flying to him to stay in a hotel
Good point! Maybe if she wasn't spending his money on "expensive" hotels & diamond rings he could just live & work here & they could live a modest life together.

I hate to sound like my Granny but that is what's wrong with the world, it's all about material things these days - if it was more about love then surely she wouldn't mind a cheaper ring as long as they were together.
Or maybe I'm just doing life wrong 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker etc etc
I’ve known of (and disliked) Donna from seeing her insta for the past couple of years... but I don’t actually know how she has such a big following?
I’ve tried a google search but haven’t found anything, would someone mind explaining to me why she’s an ‘influencer’? Was she featured on a TV show or something?

Thanks in advance!
Oh she used to do pics too, for some questionable lads mag called PG 7 it had phone numbers printed next to the girls pics.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
It would mean he would have to pay full tax for a year, so at 40% of his earnings it’s likely to be a lot of money. I know someone who was going to have a £40k tax bill if they came back to the UK for more than they were allowed. As they are classed as resident if they are in the country for a certain number of days in a tax year. So defo not just the price of a hotel .

I really don’t know why they chose for him to go to Saudi though. He’s an accountant, I’m sure he would have had a nice salary here too and at least they could actually live together. But I guess greed got the better and now they are in this position. They should have just got married at a registry office when he has home before then they could have had the big wedding next year to celebrate.

Reactions: 8
It would mean he would have to pay full tax for a year, so at 40% of his earnings it’s likely to be a lot of money. I know someone who was going to have a £40k tax bill if they came back to the UK for more than they were allowed. As they are classed as resident if they are in the country for a certain number of days in a tax year. So defo not just the price of a hotel .

I really don’t know why they chose for him to go to Saudi though. He’s an accountant, I’m sure he would have had a nice salary here too and at least they could actually live together. But I guess greed got the better and now they are in this position. They should have just got married at a registry office when he has home before then they could have had the big wedding next year to celebrate.
This is what I find bizarre, he actually chose to take a job there well into their relationship. I have total sympathy for couples who meet and fall in love when one of them is possibly tied into a contract working away or is already in the forces etc but they made the choice for him to go down this route so I don’t think they deserve much sympathy. I would rather have my husband with me and have less money! I had a £200 engagement ring at first because we were very young so my husband didn’t have a lot of money but it didn’t bother me at all, I loved what the ring represented and couldn’t have given a hoot about cost or carats! It is a shame that weddings are cancelled but if it was really just about wanting to be husband and wife I would just get it done and have a big celebration when I was able to. There’s too much importance being placed on money, material things and different ways to show off on social media, in my opinion these types of people will never be truly happy as they’ve lost sight of what life is really about.

• Heart
Her whole life is social media. It’s so sad in this day and age that people do things just to impress on social media. I do feel that people would enjoy their lives so much more if everything wasn’t done to try and impress people online. I get wanting a big wedding but when your whole lifestyle depends on being married then it should become irrelevant. She could have been living in Saudi with him by now. Although I can’t see her lasting long there. The lifestyle wouldn’t be Instagram friendly I would imagine.

Her whole life is social media. It’s so sad in this day and age that people do things just to impress on social media. I do feel that people would enjoy their lives so much more if everything wasn’t done to try and impress people online. I get wanting a big wedding but when your whole lifestyle depends on being married then it should become irrelevant. She could have been living in Saudi with him by now. Although I can’t see her lasting long there. The lifestyle wouldn’t be Instagram friendly I would imagine.
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Her whole life is social media which is why she doesn’t do a small wedding or registry wedding - I said this a few weeks ago on here. If she wanted to be with him so much why not a small wedding. And basically got laughed at and judged for saying it very few people agreed.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Her whole life is social media which is why she doesn’t do a small wedding or registry wedding - I said this a few weeks ago on here. If she wanted to be with him so much why not a small wedding. And basically got laughed at and judged for saying it very few people agreed.
I agree with you. I understand people deserve the wedding they want but under these circumstances I think they should just have a small wedding so they can be together. I think people also have to face up to the fact that life probably isn’t going to be back to normal for a while so a big wedding could be out of the question for years to come, personally I couldn’t wait that long if it meant I couldn’t physically be with my partner. The wedding is only one day and I think people put too much focus on that instead of the actual marriage.

• Heart

Ahhh I see! So it’s a pretty big tax Bill then 😳 my next question was why not get an accountant job here or at least in Britain somewhere.
I definitely agree with the wedding, as someone who’s now rescheduled a few times, if it was a matter of being together or being apart we would have 100% just went for it

Reactions: 3
I agree with you. I understand people deserve the wedding they want but under these circumstances I think they should just have a small wedding so they can be together. I think people also have to face up to the fact that life probably isn’t going to be back to normal for a while so a big wedding could be out of the question for years to come, personally I couldn’t wait that long if it meant I couldn’t physically be with my partner. The wedding is only one day and I think people put too much focus on that instead of the actual marriage.
I don’t know about anyone else but this time where there is restrictions would be my ideal time to get married. I wouldn’t even have 30 people at my wedding, I would literally just have close family.

Reactions: 7
Maybe big dawgs enjoying the peace in Saudi, maybe it’s him that’s putting off the wedding..she can’t see past her own reflection that one..must be exhausting for everyone around her 🤯🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe big dawgs enjoying the peace in Saudi, maybe it’s him that’s putting off the wedding..she can’t see past her own reflection that one..must be exhausting for everyone around her 🤯🤯
I thought maybe it was her...I sincerely doubt she wants to live in Saudi, right now she’s got the best of both worlds (in her tiny mind), the ring and the freedom. It doesn’t seem like they have a great relationship.

In the videos from last night I actually don’t know if I feel a bit sorry for her... the big diamond etc etc I think she might be generally worried about the card and the ‘allegations’

I comepletely agree, if it’s about being man and wife it’s not about the wedding it’s about the marriage. Clearly it’s only about the wedding.

I thought maybe it was her...I sincerely doubt she wants to live in Saudi, right now she’s got the best of both worlds (in her tiny mind), the ring and the freedom. It doesn’t seem like they have a great relationship.
NGL, if that was me I’d prob be hoping that the longer it drags on then the more chance he will decide to just move back home for work.

I know someone who done the Saudi thing for a few years, saved like mad and cleared the mortgage. They said it was hard but set them up for life

maybe that is what they are thinking xx

Reactions: 3
Christ there’s never been so many people defending her on here, I think we’ve been infiltrated 😂😂😂

• Haha
In the videos from last night I actually don’t know if I feel a bit sorry for her... the big diamond etc etc I think she might be generally worried about the card and the ‘allegations’
I really don’t feel sorry for her at all, but I do feel she is insecure

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.