Dominique Nugent #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She got asked on a Q&A once how much she gets from Sponsored posts / ads etc. She said it varies, but some can be up to 2k, which is more then she gets for her fulltime job!! So to be fair to her, I don't blame her (or anyone really) for doing AFs. If I had a platform with the ability to earn cash from, I 100% would!! Like someone mentioned above, she keeps it to her style in fashion / beauty, so what harm!! I wouldn't begrudge her a penny!!

Reactions: 11
She got asked on a Q&A once how much she gets from Sponsored posts / ads etc. She said it varies, but some can be up to 2k, which is more then she gets for her fulltime job!! So to be fair to her, I don't blame her (or anyone really) for doing AFs. If I had a platform with the ability to earn cash from, I 100% would!! Like someone mentioned above, she keeps it to her style in fashion / beauty, so what harm!! I wouldn't begrudge her a penny!!
I think the issue a lot of people have is the lack of transparency by all bloggers including Dom regarding gifted items, sponsored content etc. And let’s not forget she is prone to being devious like trying to hide her night sharing a hotel room with grace, Denise and Jen. She acts sweeter than the rest but she knows what she is doing!

Reactions: 6
I doubt anyone cares if she is doing sponsored posts or ads or affiliate links. It’s the dishonesty of not disclosing it or trying to hide it on a story / post that people have an issue with.
It’s the constant abuse of the parasocial relationship.

These influencers purposefully hide when they are being paid to advertise something because they have built a fake rapport with their followers & fans. The followers and fans who might not be savvy at recognising that something is an ad will think “Oh Dominique thinks this is great and I trust her cos she’s my pal” so they’ll go off and buy the item. However, would they feel the same knowing that she is paid to advertise the item. Why else would she hide that it’s an ad unless she is trying to monopolise on the fake friendships she has with her fans 🤔
Followers & fans of influencers are there for 1 reason only... to make them money 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I think the issue a lot of people have is the lack of transparency by all bloggers including Dom regarding gifted items, sponsored content etc. And let’s not forget she is prone to being devious like trying to hide her night sharing a hotel room with grace, Denise and Jen. She acts sweeter than the rest but she knows what she is doing!
I thought she said before that she hadn't worked with ASOS for Spon but lately she's posting loads of links for their stuff. She was shilling Pamela Scott the other day. No offense to anyone who likes that brand, but you can guarantee Dominique doesn't buy from them or wear their clothes of her own accord.

Reactions: 4
I thought she said before that she hadn't worked with ASOS for Spon but lately she's posting loads of links for their stuff. She was shilling Pamela Scott the other day. No offense to anyone who likes that brand, but you can guarantee Dominique doesn't buy from them or wear their clothes of her own accord.
Do you get the difference between spon and affiliate links?
ASOS don’t have a direct relationship with every influencer who posts their links through and affiliate programs. I’m sure Dom would only love some sponcon with ASOS!
I agree that she probably wouldn’t shop in Pamela Scott’s but that was sponsored and marked as such, PS are probably trying to broaden their appeal and engage a younger audience.

Reactions: 2
Do you get the difference between spon and affiliate links?
ASOS don’t have a direct relationship with every influencer who posts their links through and affiliate programs. I’m sure Dom would only love some sponcon with ASOS!
I agree that she probably wouldn’t shop in Pamela Scott’s but that was sponsored and marked as such, PS are probably trying to broaden their appeal and engage a younger audience.
Obviously I didn't get it. Bit rude but whatever.Clearly her audience don't either. Hence why people think she's being deceptive. Perhaps if she clearly explained it to them but oh no, being deliberately nebulous is the space in which influencers enjoy manipulating their following. As far as I remember she had said she never worked with ASOS she promoted them cause she liked their style.

Reactions: 1
Obviously I didn't get it. Bit rude but whatever.Clearly her audience don't either. Hence why people think she's being deceptive. Perhaps if she clearly explained it to them but oh no, being deliberately nebulous is the space in which influencers enjoy manipulating their following. As far as I remember she had said she never worked with ASOS she promoted them cause she liked their style.
She doesn’t work with ASOS, any blogger can sign up to their affiliate link programme and it means if you swipe up she will earn commission on it but it won’t cost you anymore .. almost every blogger has an AF with numerous websites which is why soooo many of they are constantly sharing links with a swipe up.. you swipe up they earn on it.. Terrie mcevoy & joanne larby are the worst for it!

Reactions: 6
So rude of me to take the time to reply to you and explain where you’re conflated two different things.
Both affiliate links and sponsored content have been discussed and explained countless times.
I don’t know why a thread on this particular influencer is attracting so many critical posts for simply posting AF links, which once they’re tagged correctly are totally above board. There are some much bigger influencers who are known repeat offenders for mislabelling posts and infringing on other ASAI rules. Why aren’t the threads on them attracting the same criticism.

So rude of me to take the time to reply to you and explain where you’re conflated two different things.
Both affiliate links and sponsored content have been discussed and explained countless times.
I don’t know why a thread on this particular influencer is attracting so many critical posts for simply posting AF links, which once they’re tagged correctly are totally above board. There are some much bigger influencers who are known repeat offenders for mislabelling posts and infringing on other ASAI rules. Why aren’t the threads on them attracting the same criticism.
On the contrary, most of the comments on Dominique are nothing but praise. I've seen alot more disparaging comments around advertising standards on other threads. Conversely, when anyone says anything negative about her people rush to her defense, which is really something you don't see much of here. On balance, I think she gets a fair to easy ride.

Reactions: 8
Why are you reacting so personally?

Probably because I only read it now. Is there a time limit on replying?
Dont get me wrong, I quite like Dominique, but she has many staunch defenders here. I dunno if people feel protective because she had a hard ride or if its that there's an element of misguided 'she's our pal' because she responds to us on Instagram. I find it bemusing that some go for anyone who is even slightly critical of her but are happy to annihilate other bloggers.

Dont get me wrong, I quite like Dominique, but she has many staunch defenders here. I dunno if people feel protective because she had a hard ride or if its that there's an element of misguided 'she's our pal' because she responds to us on Instagram. I find it bemusing that some go for anyone who is even slightly critical of her but are happy to annihilate other bloggers.
It’s a bit of both I’d say. I don’t mind her she is harmless enough but like the others can be called out if needed. There’s a bit of a trend of friends & family coming on threads losing their tit but ripping the competition apart on other threads 😂😂 it’s entertaining

I really like Dom, I reckon she’s a nice person, genuine, which is rare in that business. I know this isn’t a rave thread but there’s really nothing to call her out on. I don’t like her style, I think some is maybe too young for her? Wtf do I know, I’m too fat to wear what she wears 🤣 But mucho support for this lady, she’s doing it right 👌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I really like Dom, I reckon she’s a nice person, genuine, which is rare in that business. I know this isn’t a rave thread but there’s really nothing to call her out on. I don’t like her style, I think some is maybe too young for her? Wtf do I know, I’m too fat to wear what she wears 🤣 But mucho support for this lady, she’s doing it right 👌🏻
Love her too, although i agree the style is more suited to teens and early 20s but then again maybe im just jelous coz im too fat and not cool enough to wear it 😂

Reactions: 7
Question boxes asking for content suggestions drive me mad. Be original and come up with your own ideas. I noticed she has dropped hours in work as well to focus more on Instagram. Who didn’t see that coming. Is there anyone who doesn’t want to be a full time insta hun?

Question boxes asking for content suggestions drive me mad. Be original and come up with your own ideas. I noticed she has dropped hours in work as well to focus more on Instagram. Who didn’t see that coming. Is there anyone who doesn’t want to be a full time insta hun?
Heres a suggestion dom.... do your own jaysus work and think of your own stuff... agree with you... That question does my box in...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.