Doireann O’Leary #3 But I heard the hubby is a surgeon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I unfollowed Dr D agesss ago cause I was sick of looking at her and feeling shite about myself not being that thin, but had a look when I noticed her house for sale on daft the other day, and saw she got her hair cut and it suits her so much better I think!

Reactions: 2
Probably another lovely wig 😜 our perfect doc couldn't possibly be happy in her own skin....or eyes ... Or hair... Or kitchen 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This may be an unpopular opinion , but I hate the way she harps on about a vasectomy being her number one choice of contraception for couples who have finished their family. It may suit some couples but for others , even though they have have decided not to have further kids , they still don’t want to have their choice to have more kids removed regardless!
It feels like she is pushing own personal agenda here rather then presenting an unbiased view of contraception!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This may be an unpopular opinion , but I hate the way she harps on about a vasectomy being her number one choice of contraception for couples who have finished their family. It may suit some couples but for others , even though they have have decided not to have further kids , they still don’t want to have their choice to have more kids removed regardless!
It feels like she is pushing own personal agenda here rather then presenting an unbiased view of contraception!
Totally agree with you. And it’s not 100% reliable either. She’s a complete idiot

Reactions: 4
She has spoken in the past about how usually contraception responsibility falls on the woman, on top of pregnancy and child birth. And they when couples feel they’re done then it’s a good time for a vasectomy conversation as the woman has previously shouldered the job.

Reactions: 3
She has spoken in the past about how usually contraception responsibility falls on the woman, on top of pregnancy and child birth. And they when couples feel they’re done then it’s a good time for a vasectomy conversation as the woman has previously shouldered the job.
I understand that , but it may not suit couples to have their choice removed even if they don’t want more kids. A vasectomy is not for every couple as a form of contraception !
A doctor needs to discuss all contraception options with a couple in an unbiased manner , and support the decision they feel is right for them as a couple. Each to their own

Reactions: 1
I understand that , but it may not suit couples to have their choice removed even if they don’t want more kids. A vasectomy is not for every couple as a form of contraception !
A doctor needs to discuss all contraception options with a couple in an unbiased manner , and support the decision they feel is right for them as a couple. Each to their own
Yes but if a couple is 100% certain they’re done with making babies then vasectomy is a good choice. Rather than the woman having her tubes tied or taking hormonal contraception. I think doireann’s narrative on the topic has been more to highlight that vasectomy is a pretty good choice, but one that is often overlooked in favour of the woman shouldering the responsibility. As you say, each to their own, but it is usually the case that the woman deals with it rather than the man.

Reactions: 8
Yes but if a couple is 100% certain they’re done with making babies then vasectomy is a good choice. Rather than the woman having her tubes tied or taking hormonal contraception. I think doireann’s narrative on the topic has been more to highlight that vasectomy is a pretty good choice, but one that is often overlooked in favour of the woman shouldering the responsibility. As you say, each to their own, but it is usually the case that the woman deals with it rather than the man.
Hmm , I think she feels it should be the only option if couples feel they don’t want any more kids. As I said , my unpopular opinion.

I totally agree with her on the vasectomy topic. While it shouldn’t be the only option I do think men are happy to sit back and allow their partners to continue to carry the responsibility. It should be pushed. No one should be forced to do anything they don’t want too but men need to step up imo.

Reactions: 18
It is the safest, most effective option for contraception so dr doireann is completely correct to promote it.

Reactions: 3
Did she not say the other week that free contraception wouldn’t be coming any time soon to Ireland even though she had “hoped” it would be September. Then suddenly free contraception announced yesterday?! 🤔

Did she not say the other week that free contraception wouldn’t be coming any time soon to Ireland even though she had “hoped” it would be September. Then suddenly free contraception announced yesterday?! 🤔
In her defense I don’t think she wrong at the time. Even pharmacies are saying there was no communication about it being this sudden. So looks like another Fast tracked idea by government

Reactions: 6
In her defense I don’t think she wrong at the time. Even pharmacies are saying there was no communication about it being this sudden. So looks like another Fast tracked idea by government
Yes even for GP’s there was zero communication until the night of the announcement.

Reactions: 2
You can be guaranteed it won't be a Cash & Carry kitchen in the new house! It'll be designer/ high end bespoke all the way in the new gaff

Reactions: 4
You can be guaranteed it won't be a Cash & Carry kitchen in the new house! It'll be designer/ high end bespoke all the way in the new gaff
Appalling gets a kitchen for free and then flogs the house. Lack of ethics … disgraceful.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.