Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosso

I had forgotten about the lunches! Hahahaha. All those times I survived on ward chocolates and McCambridge bread. BUT there was camaraderie too - we'd often order takeaway as a group if there was a lull. Don't remember mothers being involved.
Im not fan of insta doctors. But didn't her sister die around that time? Might explain her mother looking after her a bit and the burn out. .
Working that sort of job and dealing with grief must have been brutal.

Reactions: 2

cill2019

VIP Member
Most GP’s are wearing scrubs since covid. Varies from doctor to doctor and often personal choice but lots wear scrubs now.
Ahhhh I didn’t realise this. Tbh all my appointments (not that I’ve had many) are over the phone. Can’t remember the last time I actually saw the GP

rantingqueen

Please tell me someone took a screenshot of those gloves? Seriously you do not need uv protection gloves when you're driving. Windscreens have uv resistant glass ffs

smurphette

VIP Member
The beanie again today in her stories when indoors.

I really dont get car dealers giving cars to influencers. Like if I am paying at least 30k (when I googled it says starts from 28k for the electric one) for a car I wouldnt be influenced by the likes of Doireann getting one for free! If anything it would turn me off Kearys and Mini
And she looks ridiculous in a bobble hat. Emphasises the lollipop look - like one of those bobble head dolls.

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
So, if you've borrowed (say) 400k and inflation is (say) 10%, and you work in any sector really, the likelihood is that you'll have a wage increase to some extent. The real value of your money won't change as you'll be paid more in, but spending more, so your real income doesn't increase. On the other hand, the 400k that you borrowed is static (it's not quite that simple cos you're paying interest on it). So whilst you're earning more money (but in real terms not earning any more) then the bank is not really making anything on the mortgage as whilst the real value of money has decreased, the value of the mortgage has gone with it.

so if you were earning 50k and for some reason your employer was a normal person and increased your wages in line with inflation, then you're on 55k. The bank can just increase the money they've lent you to 440k, so in essence the bank (or the state if you want to think in that way) is taking the hit on inflation. With interest rates recently at all time lows, you would have been best to buy a house around 2010-2014 but I suppose that sage advice probably isn't an awful lot of use right now.

Hopefully that makes sense.
I think you might have overlooked the major role of compound interest/cost of credit, no?

Pix_

She's not pregnant, she just shoved the stool up her dress 🤷‍♀️ she can't be separated from it

kittydee

I’m in a related profession and 100% graduated with my maiden name and was 100% maintaining it proudly for my professional name. Married name for everything else. That was so important to me.
But how will everyone know she is married to a surgeon if she doesn’t use her married name? It’s not like she ever mentions it 🤣
But how can you have 2 names ?? I never changed my name as it was important to me but I don’t understand how legally u can have 2 names🤫

That is actually shocking that she got her solicitors onto the pharmacies already! Threatening hardworking pharmacies with solicitors for saying the truth it’s overpriced and not worth it is one of the worst thing I’ve actually heard about her. It’s up to the pharmacy to decide what to stock on their shelves. I’m guessing most will decline and I doubt they can be forced to stock it. Doomed for failure this venture.
Oh this was back in April when the rumour started that she was going to flog the vitamin D and it turned out it was a pharmacist had leaked this without realising it was a “top secret”. So I’m glad now it’s come to fruition as I know that particular pharmacist got an awful shock being approached by her management with solicitors. It wasn’t exactly a GDPR breach.

sullymoo

From 2019

3D76B706-3742-40F9-AAF7-CDF1C17D7290.jpeg

Then in 2020

4A519E83-A4E4-4A1D-8B2A-E5FA365C09FD.jpeg

Look I’m no fan of Dr D but I find it incredible to believe that she would say she had cancer when in fact she didn’t. My recollection was that the cancer was treated with surgery and she didn’t need other treatment like chemo. And the posts would seem to be on a par with that.

She pretty much says she has cancer here.
Like genuinely I'm all for calling out the bullshit of them all and esp her as she is absolutely a lopper and I cannot fathom who follows this crap...but not sure you can claim she hasn't said she has cancer....unless this was all a lie at the time
Agreed!