Doireann O’Leary #3 But I heard the hubby is a surgeon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope she sits on an ethics class in UCC, while she's on the campus. These screenshots are from the 4th of January. Here again the sole supplements that she is recommending are from her business. Also, a doctor should not be an 'instagram doctor' recommending treatments to people on mass without a consultation, that is bad practice. What happened to the message that we've been getting for years that get your nutrients from food?

I dislike the tone to the last paragraph of her post. She makes her patients seem like they are ignorant. Education on nutrition was even taught in secondary school home economics. Patients are well able to advocate for themselves and understand nutrition, which GPs are not experts in. I really hope she is not as demeaning as that to her patients. The god complex that is stereotypically associated with doctors is alive in her. On all supplements the list of nutrients are listed. Most adults are literate. A very patronising attitude she has.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Just saw this Tea spill story on Dr D. Not surprised tbh.
Yes I remember her too saying supplements were a waste of money and that people didn’t need them. She also said we should only be obtaining our vitamins from our food.

Yes I remember her too saying supplements were a waste of money and that people didn’t need them. She also said we should only be obtaining our vitamins from our food.
This is from the one who’s probably stuffed from a tomato.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Am I seeing things? Suggested post came up on my feed (don’t follow dr d) re her proclamation of nail care & skin cancer???? Gosh she really tries to hit a niche market…

Reactions: 1
That collar reminds me of secondary school, all the "cool" crowd had their collars standing up🙄 she obviously hasn't moved on from MMC😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The nose contouring too! Can't believe she's taken seriously as a doctor or a tutor in UCC when she is so concerned about her image - very superficial
She is extremely problematic in general.
On one hand she’s snootily and aggressively trying to denigrate Consultants, insinuating she knows MORE, and spouting potentially misleading advice e.g the post on cranberry juice. Other docs on insta who genuinely have accounts for info and sharing do not do this. Niamh Lynch is a consultant paediatrician - she regularly states “not my area” when asked certain questions and posts info / facts and constant helpful Q&As as does consultant Obgyn Vicky O Dwyer. Neither of these post spon con either.
On the other she’s coming on with absolute nonsense “content” about the real hard hitting medical issues such as manicure lamps being a risk for skin cancer on your hands 😂 (first world problems much?!) Then snoring! (second silly post about this - didgeridoos and muscle exercises like pushing a spoon with your tongue?!), sleep - it’s good to get 8 hours of sleep in case no one knew, inconsistent advice about supplements - don’t take them unless guided or necessary but DO buy my own brand without any guidance thanks! This also is without doubt breaching ethical guidelines with the Medical Council.
All the while she’s shoving stupid reels out wearing her scrubs and Steth AT HOME and faffing about with tan and facials sponcon.
And all the while she’s promoting a very dangerous relationship with food and exercise and body image in general while body and fat shaming others.
Every other GP in the country at the moment is burnt out, swamped, tired, overworked, waiting lists unmanageable, referral pathways at a standstill and most younger qualified ones are either being driven out of the country to greener pastures or redirecting themselves back into hospital work or other areas of interest.
She comes across as a very unhappy, lonely or unfulfilled, Stepford wife clutching at some dream of being a celeb doctor but can’t see it’s her own personality that’s standing in the way of this.
Oh and her nose contouring is absolute insane looking.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
On one hand she’s snootily and aggressively trying to denigrate Consultants, insinuating she knows MORE, and spouting potentially misleading advice e.g the post on cranberry juice. Other docs on insta who genuinely have accounts for info and sharing do not do this. Niamh Lynch is a consultant paediatrician - she regularly states “not my area” when asked certain questions and posts info / facts and constant helpful Q&As as does consultant Obgyn Vicky O Dwyer. Neither of these post spon con either.
On the other she’s coming on with absolute nonsense “content” about the real hard hitting medical issues such as manicure lamps being a risk for skin cancer on your hands 😂 (first world problems much?!) Then snoring! (second silly post about this - didgeridoos and muscle exercises like pushing a spoon with your tongue?!), sleep - it’s good to get 8 hours of sleep in case no one knew, inconsistent advice about supplements - don’t take them unless guided or necessary but DO buy my own brand without any guidance thanks! This also is without doubt breaching ethical guidelines with the Medical Council.
All the while she’s shoving stupid reels out wearing her scrubs and Steth AT HOME and faffing about with tan and facials sponcon.
And all the while she’s promoting a very dangerous relationship with food and exercise and body image in general while body and fat shaming others.
Every other GP in the country at the moment is burnt out, swamped, tired, overworked, waiting lists unmanageable, referral pathways at a standstill and most younger qualified ones are either being driven out of the country to greener pastures or redirecting themselves back into hospital work or other areas of interest.
She comes across as a very unhappy, lonely or unfulfilled, Stepford wife clutching at some dream of being a celeb doctor but can’t see it’s her own personality that’s standing in the way of this.
And the filtering! I was playing around with some filters at the weekend after seeing a post about one of them, where the girl was saying "this is not my face" and it's so true. Like, I looked like a COMPLETELY different person with them. Like I'd had tons of work done. I mean, would be nice in ways (not getting younger) but also truly bizarre and concerning.

And all the selling, preening, prancing etc. Just...have a personal influencer thinspo account and stop being an embarrassment to the medical profession.

Reactions: 11
I haven't checked in on doireann the dose in a while, but omfg her nose will be looking for it's own eircode soon!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The contouring of her nose makes it look bigger than it is. Very dirty looking too.

Sarah J murphy is also good for pregnancy stuff but she’s started to do more ads recently so I hope she doesn’t turn out like this one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.