Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah I just had a look at her highlight on Instagram. she definitely had cancer as she is describing. and if the GP could even see it with her naked eye,
All that the practitioner (gp/nurse) would have 'seen' was abnormal areas on the cervix which would have needed further testing to determine if they were cancerous/pre-cancerous.

I've had CINII and CINIII cells removed that were visable at the smear but no one could 'know' they're cancerous or not by looking at them- a biopsy would be necessary. Going by her 'highlight' she had nothing 'removed' (womb, cervix etc) and only described one surgery where they removed the suspicious cells and tested them, and determined she didnt' need any further treatment.
Again- I've gone through 'surgery' twice (cone biopsy under general anaesthetic) and also didn't need further treatment following biopsies, only more frequent smears in the future.
She doesn't actually clarify anywhere whether the cells were cancerous or pre-cancerous (I specifically listened for that bit after @Mona86 post) and I do feel she has exaggerated her experience somewhat.

Stage 1 means that your cancer is within the neck of the womb (cervix). It hasn’t spread to nearby tissues or other organs and the usual treatment is removal of the cervix (& sometimes the womb if necessary) but it might be possible to remove all of the cancer with just a large loop excision of the transformation zone (LLETZ) or cone biopsy.
Stage 1a is where the abnormal cells aren't visable to the naked eye- only under microscope.
Stage 1b is where the cells are visable which means it's slightly more advanced and the usual treatment is as I described above- removal of the cervix/womb and possible chemoradiotherapy, or a cone biopsy may be successful if the cells haven't spread too much.
From her description & recovery it appears she had the colposcopy/cone biopsy procedure and didn't need any further treatment- she says several times how it hadn't spread.

Reactions: 9
A lot of medical instagrammers feel that Doireann was a bit misleading on her cancer journey. If you watch the highlight it tells it’s own story. Say for example I go for a smear and have an abnormal smear or they detect cancer - I go through a run of tests and then I would possibly have the cancer removed, have treatment, maybe depending on how bad it is I might even have other parts of my body removed too. She uses the word treatment for the surgery that removed it. Treatment can be easily confused for chemo and she doesn’t correct this assumption. She didn’t have any treatment like that.
Watch her highlight very carefully (if it’s not removed when this is now discussed).
Her doctor picked up the cancer at a smear. Ok.
Dr Doireann had access to what most of us don’t. Immediate imaging or keyhole surgery to see what’s going on. Married to a surgeon. And that’s what happened. So you’ll see her highlight that she had a PET scan. That isn’t always the norm for cervical pick up. But she had it and following that, she had a lung scope (surgical biopsy of the lungs) again not the next necessary step especially for cervical however when your hubby is a surgeon you have fast access to extra tests. She also had keyhole surgery to look at other parts of her. This adds to her story bulking out the ordeal despite it not being a requirement or common procedure. Every other scope and test was documented as part of her ‘journey’ for a few months off but the actually truthful fact that remains is that it was ‘only’ (use the term loosely) cervical cancer and I was removed via keyhole.
A normal joe soap like you or I would not have the surgeries or videos or images to make the story to show the extra scopes and tests but to the unknown untrained medical professionals you would just think ‘poor Doireann.’ That’s why I’m saying I know that medical professionals feel this story was misleadingly told and sold. Nobody is saying she wasn’t sick.
Doireanns story has a good few tests and surgeries to it purely because of who she is and who she has access to . I know medical professionals who felt that she oversold the story because some people Who have had identical issue wouldn’t consider that they’ve had cancer , they just said they had cancerous cells removed - which is actually the truth too. Have a look at the highlight. You’ll notice there’s a lot of drama , selfies and ‘ they think this/they think that’ in the story. But in the end it was not the journey that perhaps she recalls and when I saw a comment or above comparing I just said it was worth saying this. I don’t wish anyone to be sick. But Doireann was not completely genuine and this story and record of it is exaggerated as much as it can be for effect. Hate me if you like but watch the highlight. And tell me after do you think all the extra medical stays and tests were necessary ?? And would you have gotten Offered immediate access to the same !?
Omg THIS!!!!!!!
I’ve been gasping to say something and was afraid I may word it incorrectly and was afraid of the backlash but you hit the nail on the head. She was completely misleading in her story telling. Lay ppl may hear ‘cancer’ and just automatically assume maybe the worst and then see brave Doireann come out the other side when in fact she did add bells and whistles to her story. She has shown What the healthcare system Is like for the special-the doctors and their wives/family. She gained ALOT of her followers following her ‘battle’ and of course she has to mention it every so often. I’m so glad someone finally said something. And I wish people would realise Dr Doireann does not have a good name amongst medical professionals and that says it all.

Reactions: 13
I thought her saying ‘I always get asked this time of year about vitamins’ was interesting .... didn’t someone say on another comment that she’s a GP around a year in total .... first move then wants to be a TV/celebrity GP..... ok.

Reactions: 6
Omg THIS!!!!!!!
I’ve been gasping to say something and was afraid I may word it incorrectly and was afraid of the backlash but you hit the nail on the head. She was completely misleading in her story telling. Lay ppl may hear ‘cancer’ and just automatically assume maybe the worst and then see brave Doireann come out the other side when in fact she did add bells and whistles to her story. She has shown What the healthcare system Is like for the special-the doctors and their wives/family. She gained ALOT of her followers following her ‘battle’ and of course she has to mention it every so often. I’m so glad someone finally said something. And I wish people would realise Dr Doireann does not have a good name amongst medical professionals and that says it all.

I have spoken to people who also have medical insta accounts about this and there is a lot of upset because of it. I don’t want to have cancerous cervical cells OR straight on lung cancer etc but there is a difference and the story is purposefully misleading

Reactions: 7
I have spoken to people who also have medical insta accounts about this and there is a lot of upset because of it. I don’t want to have cancerous cervical cells OR straight on lung cancer etc but there is a difference and the story is purposefully misleading
Absolutely.

she said words and allowed ppl to take what they wanted from it and never corrected anyone. Not right. There was no need for her to do ivf(thankfully) but she still carried on taking her snaps and told a story without saying much

Reactions: 4
Absolutely.

she said words and allowed ppl to take what they wanted from it and never corrected anyone. Not right. There was no need for her to do ivf(thankfully) but she still carried on taking her snaps and told a story without saying much
"I had major abdominal surgery on June 17th, the day before my sister’s anniversary. My fertility has been affected by this but we will overcome it thanks to modern medicine.”

🙄

Depends on which version of her story you listen to I suppose. I've had easily 20 surgeries trying to stay alive and whilst every one was serious I wouldn't call keyhole a major abdominal surgery..it just gives the wrong idea to other people. Not to take away from the seriousness of any surgery and the impact it can have on anyone..but she knows what she is doing using these words.

Reactions: 3
"I had major abdominal surgery on June 17th, the day before my sister’s anniversary. My fertility has been affected by this but we will overcome it thanks to modern medicine.”

🙄

Depends on which version of her story you listen to I suppose. I've had easily 20 surgeries trying to stay alive and whilst every one was serious I wouldn't call keyhole a major abdominal surgery..it just gives the wrong idea to other people. Not to take away from the seriousness of any surgery and the impact it can have on anyone..but she knows what she is doing using these words.
I agree. While some keyhole surgery can be major, I have my doubts about doireanns. I’ve heard from one or two ppl what surgery she did have ie the exact procedure -it’s definitely not my place to say and I won’t. What I will say is she is a lucky lady. The surgeons removed the area of concern and she did not need chemo nor radiation treatment. Her story has legs.

again great that she had such a straightforward procedure. I myself had high grade precancerous cells and had a procedure to remove same. I don’t go around telling ppl I had cancer and my fertility has been affected. I was told I now have a higher chance of miscarriage/pre term labour- but do I go around telling ppl otherwise NO. I tell the truth. The same way the DOCTOR should.

AND FOR JESUS SAKE TAKE OFF THE BLOODY STETHOSCOPE IN THE F**KING HOUSE —-WHY BOTHER LIKE

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree. While some keyhole surgery can be major, I have my doubts about doireanns. I’ve heard from one or two ppl what surgery she did have ie the exact procedure -it’s definitely not my place to say and I won’t. What I will say is she is a lucky lady. The surgeons removed the area of concern and she did not need chemo nor radiation treatment. Her story has legs.

again great that she had such a straightforward procedure. I myself had high grade precancerous cells and had a procedure to remove same. I don’t go around telling ppl I had cancer and my fertility has been affected. I was told I now have a higher chance of miscarriage/pre term labour- but do I go around telling ppl otherwise NO. I tell the truth. The same way the DOCTOR should.

AND FOR JESUS SAKE TAKE OFF THE BLOODY STETHOSCOPE IN THE F**KING HOUSE —-WHY BOTHER LIKE
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 THIS

THE bleeping STETHOSCOPE.. like I have never ever seen my GP or any other doctor wear it hanging around their necks. WE GET IT, YOU ARE A DOCTOR 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 THIS

THE bleeping STETHOSCOPE.. like I have never ever seen my GP or any other doctor wear it hanging around their necks. WE GET IT, YOU ARE A DOCTOR 🙄🙄🙄

Jeeeeesus my nerves when I see her swinging off the stethoscope 😂

I don’t see the point. The same way I don’t see the point in her sometimes wearing her scrubs then other times heels and normal clothes. I certainly don’t see the point in her tucking her scrub trousers up so her ankles are out. The whole thing is for show.

she needs to calm down on the #sp and making it semi invisible in the corner of her pics.

and hun-know your audience-who shops in Louis Copland on the regular? We’re not all #surgeonswives.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Jeeeeesus my nerves when I see her swinging off the stethoscope 😂

I don’t see the point. The same way I don’t see the point in her sometimes wearing her scrubs then other times heels and normal clothes. I certainly don’t see the point in her tucking her scrub trousers up so her ankles are out. The whole thing is for show.

she needs to calm down on the #sp and making it semi invisible in the corner of her pics.

and hun-know your audience-who shops in Louis Copland on the regular? We’re not all #surgeonswives.
It’s to remind us all that SHES A DOCTOR don’t you know 🤦‍♀️

Jesus she boils my piss.
Apparently she tried to get onto operation transformation as the house medic. She seems like a fame bleep to me or some kind of wannabe Dr pixie mckenna. She is just awful. I would take any of her advice with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 8
It’s to remind us all that SHES A DOCTOR don’t you know 🤦‍♀️

Jesus she boils my piss.
Apparently she tried to get onto operation transformation as the house medic. She seems like a fame bleep to me or some kind of wannabe Dr pixie mckenna. She is just awful. I would take any of her advice with a grain of salt.
yes I heard that too but I think her public speaking abilities aren’t great at all AND the fact she’s a qualified GP for a wet week. I’m all about having a bit of confidence but hers is not right

Reactions: 5

I just read this and one thing I will say... she has balls and has created the life she wants so..fairplay. She is right..probably every hospital doctor would roll their eyes at her..doesn't make it right. I suffered from burnout in my job and it's hard to put yourself first.

Reactions: 2

I just read this and one thing I will say... she has balls and has created the life she wants so..fairplay. She is right..probably every hospital doctor would roll their eyes at her..doesn't make it right. I suffered from burnout in my job and it's hard to put yourself first.
not condoning how junior docs are treated because it’s not right and ive seen first hand in my job doctors breaking down from exhaustion but doireann wasn’t and isn’t the only doctor experiencing what she experienced. A few things in that article didn’t make sense to me. Whatever. Doesn’t effect me. she had other issues going on besides her call/shifts.

you are right-she has made the life she wants for herself however if she was any way smart she would bide her time-gain the experience that she needs,stop agreeing to do every #sp that comes her way, stop acting obnoxious and stop dipping her hand in everything. Let it happen naturally. Everything with her is too forced which makes it fake.

Reactions: 7
yes I heard that too but I think her public speaking abilities aren’t great at all AND the fact she’s a qualified GP for a wet week. I’m all about having a bit of confidence but hers is not right
Also I dont think she herself has a healthy body image and I don't think her weight is something the contestants should aspire to.

Reactions: 14
Thank you all for the reaction I was so afraid of the hate I might get: the fact is she had cancerous cells removed. Any other extensive testing or IVF she had done was because she had access (that normal how soaps don’t) to referrals and hospitals. Not saying it wasn’t a worrying time. But she recalls this as if she has had an experience like Georgie Crawford etc. That’s not the case. She has a few keyhole scars which are mainly from investigations And a possible letz procedure but she makes out that she’s lucky to be alive. This is a serious dodgy con. Think about it. Anyone who isn’t sure- please watch the highlight now knowing what I have typed and figure it out for yourself
With private health insurance you can access tests fairly quickly if you have a referral, even us Joe soaps. Not saying she didn’t pull strings given who her husband is but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that she was referred for them on merit.

Can’t believe a woman of her education does not use proper grammar - affects ...... my pet hate with all these influencers, most can’t spell and some are totally unaware of correct grammar. This could just be a typo but god re read before posting. More concerned about the selfie than the text 🙄🙄🙄and so called medical message in her case.

I used to really like her, got lots of my friends to follow her as she was really informative. Now she seems to be pushing lots of brands and swipe ups....shes has definitely changed direction....imo. and its repetitive. And I think the lock down has made me less patient and perhaps more critical myself more so of the blogger types(not good I suppose I need to work on that!!!) that I find her patronising now....and the over pronouncing of words and even the way she moves her mouth and tips her head to the side and the smile.....the smile seems sarcastic. I dont even know how a smile can be sarcastic 😂 the tick tocks make me wanna throw my phone at the wall, shes so stiff in them!! It's like she nearly lets herself loosen up and be fun but she just cant do it. And the house.....its so clinical...I know they are doctors but there isnt even a cup out of place or any pictures.....and nothing on the mantel place!! Phew rant over......im still following her as i still like following her but as I said some days I want to throw my phone at the wall🥴😆 also the ivf may play more and that would be really informative for people as it's so much more common now for people. And finally she needs a good feed !!
That last sentence though 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 As my folks would say she s completely ‘shtarved’

Attachments

Last edited:
A lot of medical instagrammers feel that Doireann was a bit misleading on her cancer journey. If you watch the highlight it tells it’s own story. Say for example I go for a smear and have an abnormal smear or they detect cancer - I go through a run of tests and then I would possibly have the cancer removed, have treatment, maybe depending on how bad it is I might even have other parts of my body removed too. She uses the word treatment for the surgery that removed it. Treatment can be easily confused for chemo and she doesn’t correct this assumption. She didn’t have any treatment like that.
Watch her highlight very carefully (if it’s not removed when this is now discussed).
Her doctor picked up the cancer at a smear. Ok.
Dr Doireann had access to what most of us don’t. Immediate imaging or keyhole surgery to see what’s going on. Married to a surgeon. And that’s what happened. So you’ll see her highlight that she had a PET scan. That isn’t always the norm for cervical pick up. But she had it and following that, she had a lung scope (surgical biopsy of the lungs) again not the next necessary step especially for cervical however when your hubby is a surgeon you have fast access to extra tests. She also had keyhole surgery to look at other parts of her. This adds to her story bulking out the ordeal despite it not being a requirement or common procedure. Every other scope and test was documented as part of her ‘journey’ for a few months off but the actually truthful fact that remains is that it was ‘only’ (use the term loosely) cervical cancer and I was removed via keyhole.
A normal joe soap like you or I would not have the surgeries or videos or images to make the story to show the extra scopes and tests but to the unknown untrained medical professionals you would just think ‘poor Doireann.’ That’s why I’m saying I know that medical professionals feel this story was misleadingly told and sold. Nobody is saying she wasn’t sick.
Doireanns story has a good few tests and surgeries to it purely because of who she is and who she has access to . I know medical professionals who felt that she oversold the story because some people Who have had identical issue wouldn’t consider that they’ve had cancer , they just said they had cancerous cells removed - which is actually the truth too. Have a look at the highlight. You’ll notice there’s a lot of drama , selfies and ‘ they think this/they think that’ in the story. But in the end it was not the journey that perhaps she recalls and when I saw a comment or above comparing I just said it was worth saying this. I don’t wish anyone to be sick. But Doireann was not completely genuine and this story and record of it is exaggerated as much as it can be for effect. Hate me if you like but watch the highlight. And tell me after do you think all the extra medical stays and tests were necessary ?? And would you have gotten Offered immediate access to the same !?
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 THIS

married to a surgeon ........did you know that ?

Also I dont think she herself has a healthy body image and I don't think her weight is something the contestants should aspire to.
Couldnt agree more. I dont think she would come across as empathetic or warm to people struggling with weight loss... I dont personally think she looks healthy herself. I think the current doctor Sumi actually cares and comes across as lovely and so professional. Doireann would be too busy flicking her hair taking selfies and wearing the stethoscope!

married to a surgeon ........did you know that ?

Couldnt agree more. I dont think she would come across as empathetic or warm to people struggling with weight loss... I dont personally think she looks healthy herself. I think the current doctor Sumi actually cares and comes across as lovely and so professional. Doireann would be too busy flicking her hair taking selfies and wearing the stethoscope!
It's only a matter of time before we get a ballgown/stethoscope selfie

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.