Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came across this thread and looking for advise.

I recently started a new job and in my probation period- I HATE IT that on days, I have visions of walking out and to never return.

Anyway, I have found a new job (yay). I've not yet told my current employer- mainly because I am a wimp as they aren't very nice senior management at all and I know they will make my life a living hell.

My notice period is a week so I appreciate its not long at all but I am so nervous... what would happen if I just never turned up again? 🤣 (I'm half joking/half serious 🤭)
Personally I would just suffer it for a week. It is a tiny piece of time. You are doing nothing wrong, you have decided early doors it wasn’t for you. And if they try and make your life hell, so what? You won’t see them after a while, just smile, nod, and then escape at the end of the week.

Reactions: 2
Just came across this thread and looking for advise.

I recently started a new job and in my probation period- I HATE IT that on days, I have visions of walking out and to never return.

Anyway, I have found a new job (yay). I've not yet told my current employer- mainly because I am a wimp as they aren't very nice senior management at all and I know they will make my life a living hell.

My notice period is a week so I appreciate its not long at all but I am so nervous... what would happen if I just never turned up again? 🤣 (I'm half joking/half serious 🤭)
Give in your notice and then catch a cold, or fail a lateral flow test.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Absolutely go for it!!!
Just do it. You want to better yourself, ambition is not a sin. Look at this way, if your present company had to make redundancies they would boot you out in the blink of any eye. You work there to fund your lifestyle, you don’t owe them a lifetime’s labour. If you leave you will be replaced. Think like a guy (I am sure you are female, men would just go for it, even if woefully under qualified). When you get it, and you see your current boss, who gives a shiny shite what she thinks. You have moved on. Know your worth and blooming well apply.
Thanks guys! I did it last night!!! Thankfully my boss isn't in today, so I don't need to hide my guilty looking face! lol

• Heart
Reactions: 6
New person at work in to overhaul the department. Ugh

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Trying to find a new job is nearly as awful as staying in this one. Have companies just given up responding to candidates now? I fired off a fair few over a month ago and have heard nothing from 99% of them. I understand it’s been Christmas but surely if you’re hiring for a vacancy you want it filled fairly quickly? I am just desperate for an interview or something to give me a bit of hope of getting out of here. I have a 3 month notice period so it just feels never ending at the moment. I couldn’t sleep at all last night for stress and worry over this job. Just feeling fed up with no light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.

Reactions: 3
There is a possibility that some of the people I work with, may use Tattle. I don't know this for a fact, but I am hoping that someone might recognise my situation.
Recently I had took part in a review of my job, with two other members of staff. I thought the job might improve because of this meeting, but it has become a lot harder. I just feel so stressed right now
There is an added complication, I am receiving some finacial help from Universal Credit - it is all above board, I have declared the fact that I am working. I am really concerned about how they will react, if I leave my job. Will they harrass me, like they did when I was unemployed?
It is probably one of the worst times to leave a job before Christmas, but I feel that I can't work there much longer under the circumstances.
Unfortunately you're likely to get sanctioned if you leave a job voluntarily without having another one lined up, apparently for three months 😕 You can challenge it if you have "good reason" but you'll often need evidence to back it up - WorkSmart explain it better here.

Thank you for your reply, I will tread carefully.
Please also speak to your Work Coach about your concerns to see if they can offer you helpful advice because if you do leave your employment they will want to know why. Best of luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The apathy is palpable in my job. I’m so fed up of waiting forever for people to approve stuff, loads don’t know their arse from their elbow and too many cooks spoiling the broth. Certain people drag things out and you get uppity managers having a go at you then when a, b c and d haven’t actioned something so you can’t do your work. Then they ask why the department isn’t happy.

I think I need to try the private sector again because there’s just no buzz here. Too much mediocrity, middle-management is the goal 😣 wasting time in meetings rabbiting on instead of being productive.

Reactions: 2
I don't hate my job, the work is actually interesting and although it can be stressful at times the workload is fine. My boss is awful, he has no manners, he's rude and quite frankly I'm now at the point where I can't stand him. I'll come in and say "Morning", he won't even acknowledge I've spoken or reply. He never uses his manners, he'll simply drop tasks on my desk, tap the files and walk away expecting me to know what to do. He's lazy, he'll forward me emails and just put "print attachments". No please, thank you etc. In the time he's taken to forward it, he could have printed himself. He's miserable, he makes me feel like he hates me just because he barely acknowledges me. It's lonely as we're a tiny office and I might as well be on my own most of the time. Sometimes, aside from answering the phone to clients, I can go a whole day without saying a single word. I feel so uncomfortable and on edge around him that sometimes I'll just go and stand in the toilets and cry.

He called me a "petty idiot" the other day because I found something that HE didn't open his eyes properly to look for. It's not on.

I've put up with it for so long but now I've finally decided I've got to just leave. He's never going to change and no job is worth sacrificing your mental health. This is my dream sector to be working in, but I'm now at the point where I'm willing to get any job just to get away. If I didn't have a mortgage to pay I'd walk out of here tonight and never come back.
Wilma, my manager at my old place was exactly like this.
2 of us started on the same day and she favoured the other person and from day 1 she absolutely hated me I would speak and she would blank me. I’d ask a question, she wouldn’t turn around to answer it. I ALWAYS referred to her as the silent bully because that’s exactly what she is, a bully. To treat someone so inadequate and unequal is just revolting in my eyes. Everybody noticed but no one said anything, nobody backed me up. If I was having a conversation with a colleague she would literally start talking to my colleague just so I couldn’t and sit with her back to me.
I just gave up acknowledging her by the end. She was a total cow. Then I moved teams and seeing the difference between her and my previous manager was unbelievable. But by this point I’d already had enough of her so I’d applied to leave. So I didn’t have long with my new manager but I just know my previous one was awful. She requested me on Snapchat and insta, she hated me why would she need me on there except to be nosy? I blocked her off them but I don’t get people like that. She used to give everyone on the team bonus except me, yet I did the same job if not more than some of the others but yet I never qualified but I qualified to wipe her favourites arses. When I raised this about her treatment of me it fell on deaf ears I was an email back of 5 paragraphs why there is no dispute system for bonus. I had the exact same as you I would say morning and be completely ignored. God she was and is vile. She will do it to some other unfortunate soul now that I’ve left. One of the girls who left our team made a point of saying bye to her when she left and she literally just ignored her.

My new job, I had a few wobbles in the beginning and initially regretted leaving, I’ve settled in now, not only did my manager introduce me to the team, that did happen in tbe old job. The other office and the CEO all welcomed me, I’m praised for my work which makes a huge difference as the arseholes in my old place wouldn’t praise me or even say thank you, kiss my arse or nothing I doubted my own capabilities. I’m mentioned a lot in the staff updates for my work and what I have done. It just makes a massive difference being some where else where you aren’t a victim of bullying and treated with respect.

The treatment you mention I had it all, I know this was a while ago have you left yet?

• Heart
I started off the new year determined to feel positive and engaged in my work this year. On the very first day back a bullying twit sent and email to me and a colleague that has set off a whole chain of events. My colleague has gone off sick with stress with it, I suspect for quite a while. I am not ruling out doing the same. I never take sick leave but I am sorely tempted to do just that for breathing space. I have averaged three hours sleep a night for the past week. I am sick of my emotional well-being being dictated to by a bunch of tosspots, and I can’t see any way out at the moment. I also have a short term health issue which is not helping. bleeping 2022. I started off positive, two weeks in and I am on the ropes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to hate my current job with such passion that I would have to take crying breaks in the loo so I wouldn't break down at my desk.

What I do hasn't changed but the person I work for has changed. It made all the difference. I'm still not mad about what I do but now it's just a job that pays the bills, and not the prison cell I felt I never could leave.

I sincerely hope my old boss will one day be as depressed as she has made me, and I wouldn't feel sorry for any misfortune she would have to experience. She was a malicious, brown-nosing, unreliable nightmare and she has made everyone in the office miserable.

i left my job of 8 years on 1st March to save my mental health.

my boss was making it incredibly hard for me, to the point I'd hurt myself over it all on more than one occasion. it was hard as i loved my colleagues, but it wasn't worth risking my life.

just realised i never came back to this.
so i started my new job at the end of August and I'm so much happier. my mental health has improved 100%, i have wonderful colleagues and i actually get holiday/sick pay

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I posted on here a few months ago about hating my job and my hole team leader. I ended up taking sick leave in December due to stress, and I haven't returned yet. With the advice of HR, I am currently in the process of raising a formal grievance in order to move to a new team. I need to put in writing the negative experience I had with my current team and include any email evidence (Which I have plenty of) Has anyone been through this process?

• Heart
I posted on here a few months ago about hating my job and my hole team leader. I ended up taking sick leave in December due to stress, and I haven't returned yet. With the advice of HR, I am currently in the process of raising a formal grievance in order to move to a new team. I need to put in writing the negative experience I had with my current team and include any email evidence (Which I have plenty of) Has anyone been through this process?
Kind of, though I had no support from my union. I’d say the main thing is keep everything objective, avoid saying things like “they made me feel”, just make that apparent in how you word it backed up with examples. If you felt undermined and have examples of them moving the goalposts without consulting you meaning a piece of work wasn’t well-received, outline the events. Treat it like a piece of scientific writing with neutral language. Good luck!

I was dismissed from my job today. I went through the proper precedure of attending the meeting I was asked to attend . I have no recourse of action according to the letter I was given.
I'm not heartbroken, I did my best under some very difficult circumstances.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I was dismissed from my job today. I went through the proper precedure of attending the meeting I was asked to attend . I have no recourse of action according to the letter I was given.
I'm not heartbroken, I did my best under some very difficult circumstances.
Hope better times are ahead of you.

Reactions: 5
So glad I found this thread...I hate my job with all my heart
I have been on sick leave from November - December due to stress and exhaustion.My boss decided to withdraw my sick leave because a colleague had seen me take a walk, soo...I came back Januari 1,worked 1 week then I got sick and just came back again.My boss has given me unlawful absence though I called in and said I was sick and you could hear it in my voice..soo I received a warning and no salary this month,I am happy that I save money every month and have so that I can manage tho

This is just one problem of many that exists at my job, like I said I hate it with all my heart and I really trying to get a new one but im exhausted and afraid to take me on sick leave again and my boss boss do not want to help me either.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.