Doctor Who

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the 1980's Who's, but even I would say that some stories are rubbish like Timelash and Twin Dilemma. In every era of Who there is a few good ones, and rubbish ones, but thats why we love it.
I'm working my way through Classic Who on BritBox at the moment, and Christ there was some shite episodes made.

Reactions: 1
When I say modern who, I mean the decline of the series when Moffat took over. RTD was fairly okay, but running out of steam I felt towards the end. David Tennant was a masterpiece of casting, he’s the Tom Baker of nu Who to those fans. Even Matt Smith had a good start to his first series, but after that it was bogged down in the dreadful Riversong/Roy/Amy saga.
I was not a fan of Peter Capaldi, felt his run was poor. Then two episodes of her and I switched off for good.

it’s far too woke

As someone mentioned previously, nothing wrong with political or 'woke', but so few writers (in general, not just dr who) can do it without it being heavy handed and so blindingly obvious.

I enjoyed Eccleston and loved Tennant. Really liked Matt Smith but his run was when the stories started to decline and it just got worse and worse. The need for big overarching ideas and stories swamped it. The Ecclestone and Tennant eras that focused on more quality self contained episodes were far stronger.

Dr who just vanished up it's own asshole of self importance.

Reactions: 6
Who has always had reflections of the time it was made, but they didnt rub your bastard face it in.

Jodie Whittaker was a failed experiment to appeal to gals to sell barbies and for the BBC to say “look at us aren’t we clever”

no you are not, you’ve just alienated your core fan base you cunts

I’m looking forward to The Abominable Snowman animated this year. Shame it’s the last animated story for now. Still we had a good run.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Who has always had reflections of the time it was made, but they didnt rub your bastard face it in.

Jodie Whittaker was a failed experiment to appeal to gals to sell barbies and for the BBC to say “look at us aren’t we clever”

no you are not, you’ve just alienated your core fan base you cunts

I’m looking forward to The Abominable Snowman animated this year. Shame it’s the last animated story for now. Still we had a good run.
God, its terrible now, has been for years. I tried to watch it here and there but no. I have a mate who has watched it since the 1960s but she's given up on it . I honestly don't know anyone who watches it. Dr Who - Dr Woke more like

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed Jodie’s latest season, it was the best it’s been for a long time. The New Years special was fun too.

Looking forward to seeing what RTD can bring for his second run. I have some issues with his writing, but he definitely knows how to tell a good story.

I am looking forward to the animation of The Abominable Snowmen - someone ( might have been on here) was saying that it might be the last one ?

I am looking forward to the animation of The Abominable Snowmen - someone ( might have been on here) was saying that it might be the last one ?
Nothing confirmed as yet, but the problem is that with the exception of Dalek Masterplan, and Wheel in Space (Cybermen) the rest of the stories that haven't been animated are either pure historicals, and/or not particularly well-regarded which limits their appeal to more than die-hard fans.

It's a shame if they don't do anymore, but on the other it's brilliant that they have done what they done so far (Faceless Ones and Fury from the Deep are great), and we do better than some shows who have lost episodes and have never been reconstructed or animated.

Apparently ( if anyone's interested in the old 1960s series) they are to release an animated story on dvd this year - The Abominable Snowmen, an old Patrick Troughton b/w adventure

Apparently ( if anyone's interested in the old 1960s series) they are to release an animated story on dvd this year - The Abominable Snowmen, an old Patrick Troughton b/w adventure
They have been releasing quite a few animations of the lost episodes, although it's rumoured Abominable Snowman will be the last one.

Reactions: 2
“Legend of the Sea Devils” - the second of three special episodes of 2022 will air on Easter Sunday (17th April) at 7.10pm.

Absolutely nothing confirmed but a bit of buzz going about that there will be the start of a possible underwater regeneration - or a short reveal of Doctor 14 after the episode has aired. Again nothing confirmed as I type.

Oh I absolutely love Ncuti, he’s fabulous in Sex Education. Really excited to see what him and RTD do with the show, hoping they can revive it!

Reactions: 5
The way they announced it was very understated. I wonder if there was a chance of a leak and they wanted to get in first. It’s literally the BAFTAs tonight and I wonder if the plan was to announce it there