Disney Vloggers #7 "Happy to be Home" didn't last long and now it's back to moan moan moan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does Mrs Bazza ever put her bloody phone down except when she needs to use a knife and fork to eat?

Bring back the old vlogging days!
Ahhh yes pre 2017 when there was literally only a dozen at most! Anything after 2017 is just YouTubers trying to out do each other! For example DVC,Collabs,freebies the list goes on. I recently watched a early Krispy smore vlog from 2015 and I was so much better then the recent drivel that’s on YouTube!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ahhh yes pre 2017 when there was literally only a dozen at most! Anything after 2017 is just YouTubers trying to out do each other! For example DVC,Collabs,freebies the list goes on. I recently watched a early Krispy smore vlog from 2015 and I was so much better then the recent drivel that’s on YouTube!
I can't quite get my head around how many vloggers are now DVC. I have never really looked into it before as I have avoided as was always told timeshare=bad. I had a very quick look on Disney and one of the examples was basically paying £800 a month!!! To quote Gary C, which is ironic given Adam is now DVC, "I see the price I put it back!"

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I can't quite get my head around how many vloggers are now DVC. I have never really looked into it before as I have avoided as was always told timeshare=bad. I had a very quick look on Disney and one of the examples was basically paying £800 a month!!! To quote Gary C, which is ironic given Adam is now DVC, "I see the price I put it back!"
If only they got £1 every time they mentioned that there were DVC - it would have paid for itself twice over

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The plate of food they gave Jackson for dinner was too big. There is no way he ate all of that food. I have a toddler with a healthy appetite but that was a lot of broccoli and sweet potato fries.

Does anyone watch Holidays with The Heathers ?

I'm enjoying their Disney Vlogs so far .

This is their 3rd trip to Orlando , but first trip to Disney Parks and they intend to visit for the Next 2 years they mentioned .

Buying Direct is madness. We did the sums, bought resale with cash and never looked back. Always stayed Deluxe resorts before, so now making a saving every year.

Most of these Vloggers barely stayed anything above a Value (which there is nothing wrong with), but it makes no financial sense for them to then buy DVC!

Reactions: 2
Buying Direct is madness. We did the sums, bought resale with cash and never looked back. Always stayed Deluxe resorts before, so now making a saving every year.

Most of these Vloggers barely stayed anything above a Value (which there is nothing wrong with), but it makes no financial sense for them to then buy DVC!
They probably have a very small resale contract which gives them access to dvc annual passes etc.

The DVC contract confuses me. For what reason is it financially beneficial to buy (even resale) when these vloggers rent flats, clearly live minimal lives, and have very unstable incomes (Adam h!)

I know it allows cheaper ways of getting Disney, and staying at deluxe. But who in their right mind would pick a dvc contract over owning a home/ a car/ clothes that don’t look like they are from 2005/ a decent life the other 51 weeks of the year

Thoughts?

Reactions: 7
The DVC contract confuses me. For what reason is it financially beneficial to buy (even resale) when these vloggers rent flats, clearly live minimal lives, and have very unstable incomes (Adam h!)

I know it allows cheaper ways of getting Disney, and staying at deluxe. But who in their right mind would pick a dvc contract over owning a home/ a car/ clothes that don’t look like they are from 2005/ a decent life the other 51 weeks of the year

Thoughts?
Completely agree with you. As a PP said, most of these vloggers who bought into DVC were staying at values and off-site before so they’re not saving any money at all, they just want to be in the DVC club. They like it that they will *have* to go to WDW every year and don’t forget the free magnet.

Yes, there is more to life than mortgages and pensions but get the basics sorted then the luxuries come next. Absolutely baffling as to why 90% of them think it’s a good idea to buy into it.

Reactions: 4
Completely agree with you. As a PP said, most of these vloggers who bought into DVC were staying at values and off-site before so they’re not saving any money at all, they just want to be in the DVC club. They like it that they will *have* to go to WDW every year and don’t forget the free magnet.

Yes, there is more to life than mortgages and pensions but get the basics sorted then the luxuries come next. Absolutely baffling as to why 90% of them think it’s a good idea to buy into it.
Ok good I’m not going mad then. But also with resale you don’t get all the perks anyway? And in dvc you don’t get your room cleaned each day?

I just don’t get how anyone could be so stupid to buy it. Can we list everyone who has it? I’m in that kind of mood…….

Adam H
Who else?!!

Reactions: 1
Ok good I’m not going mad then. But also with resale you don’t get all the perks anyway? And in dvc you don’t get your room cleaned each day?

I just don’t get how anyone could be so stupid to buy it. Can we list everyone who has it? I’m in that kind of mood…….

Adam H
Who else?!!
Disney in Detail
The Knapps
I believe Cheers Ears may have just jumped in.

At least Broadways Away have always stayed deluxe and use their points up. The others it does seem a weird choice!

I’m sure they own their house? I vaguely remember a vlog about it when they moved.
Rented, I think. They’re moving again soon.

Reactions: 1
Rented, I think. They’re moving again soon.
I went back and had a look (day one vlogmas) and Lisa says they’ve made an offer on a bungalow which has been accepted so I presumed buying. I’d have thought they’d have moved by now though!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.