Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

allstar

Disney travel day.
1. What day us it
2. Where are we going
3. It's travel day..no shit sherlock
Bloc Hotel.
4. Airport run
5. Virgin sign
6. Lounge
7. Plane. Premium or business class. Show us food
8. MCO..First ride of the holiday. U.S flag. Disney Wall. Can't believe it...several times
Walmart. Blaze pizza. Say what time it is in England and how long they have been up.
There you have the travel day..rinse and repeat with a different name.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Eilatan_girl

Chatty Member
I'm a broken record with this but...

Does Danny Dalimore realise how out of touch he is? He's bleating on (again) in Facebook groups about how busy it is, but it doesn't matter, sit back, take your time, enjoy the moment. Ask him for any advice xoxo

So many people go to Disney for once in lifetime holidays. The option to sit back, take your time and enjoy the moment isn't really an option (or good advice?) If you're going on a 2 week holiday you've potentially saved years for.

These wannabee Disney know-it-all yet know nothing Influenzas are grinding my gears at the moment.

Reactions: 20
Tom and El… awful. I come from the same area and I know that accent because I can speak that accent very easily. But I can also reign it in for the purposes of work, or social interactions where having that very specific regional accent isn’t appropriate. They’re on a worldwide platform doing a subject that appeals to people in the US and they’re making no attempt to just moderate it a bit. It’s like if I dialled into an important meeting at work with international stakeholders or clients and started talking in my regional accent, it would be inappropriate and unprofessional.
Also, her underbite is real. Without all the hair, make up and outfits…. Well. No.. He’s cute though! 😌
Got to disagree, the hate on regional accents is classist, discriminatory and very old hat. No one should need to moderate how they speak for the benefit of others. An accent says nothing about someone professionalism, I’m sorry you’ve been conditioned to think it does in your line of work.

Tom and El… awful. I come from the same area and I know that accent because I can speak that accent very easily. But I can also reign it in for the purposes of work, or social interactions where having that very specific regional accent isn’t appropriate. They’re on a worldwide platform doing a subject that appeals to people in the US and they’re making no attempt to just moderate it a bit. It’s like if I dialled into an important meeting at work with international stakeholders or clients and started talking in my regional accent, it would be inappropriate and unprofessional.
Also, her underbite is real. Without all the hair, make up and outfits…. Well. No.. He’s cute though! 😌
But I mean, you’re here trashing on someone’s underbite, so that says a lot about you.

Reactions: 18

Babyshark

Chatty Member
Omg I don’t even know of these ladies but I’m getting strong Geller “The Routine” vibes 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Pop!91

VIP Member
Cheers Ears released a video today of the new house they bought. We of course got to see the Land Rover Discovery parked in the driveway. And they just bought DVC on their last trip.
So what? They run a business and work hard for it.

It’s not like they get the begging bowl out, con Patreons, or live the high life off mediocre content - which can’t be said for a lot of the Disney community!

• Heart

OrlandoJonesy123

Chatty Member
Pet peeve of mine is that a lot of these vloggers tell you to just chill and go with the flow during your trips to the parks. Also take a few days out of them as it’s nice to just decompress as it can be manic at times. That’s great and all that but MOST normal people don’t go to Orlando 50 times a fucking year! It’s a once a year trip at very best. For me and my family we do not stop. We make the most of every day charging around the parks to get every single ride done that we want to do. Why would I spend so much money to have bloody down days? Cannot warm to any of these spoilt tosspot influencers due to this. They are so far out of touch with the regular person.

I hate this idea that if you have an opinion that is remotely critical, then it must be because you’re sad, bored, a bitch, have no life, a hater blah blah blah. Social media is exactly that…social. By creating ‘content’ you are inviting comment and opinion. If you didn’t want that then you would keep your account private and only share it with people you genuinely know and trust. And don’t get me started on ‘be kind’ 😴
The disney vloggers and instagrammers who are racist, homophobic, and just downright nasty pieces of work behind their accounts definitely aren’t being kind 🙄. But let’s post pretty pictures and tell people we barely know how much we love them and it will all be ok!
Oh, and if you weren’t in this for whatever you can get, you wouldn’t be desperately tagging every single Disney and Orlando related company in EVERY post you make.

I think these people also need to face up to the reality that people in their circle, who they potentially call ‘friends’ are actively looking at this platform and very possibly posting on here too. There is physically no other way they would know about this thread and the posts on here unless someone is actively checking. That in itself is a little sad. If your lives are so amazing and full and you’re so unbothered by the opinions of others then it begs the question…WHY ARE YOU HERE? 👀

Also, by drawing attention to this site all you’re doing is increasing the number of people reading the posts and in turn I can almost guarantee that people will join and share their opinions. It’s human nature. So well done, you’re literally having the opposite effect.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

YorkshireLady

Regarding DisneyHannah - I was watching L&S adventures and whilst I realise they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, there was footage of Lucy looking at a jumper/tea shirt. She was rooting through for an XL and Hannah said ‘ oh I wear small or extra small’.
What a bi***.
As a larger lady myself, that would have upset me. I’m in my 50’s and still hate clothes shopping because a friend in my teens once said ‘try this size 10 on, it looks huge!’
I much prefer Lucy. She’s much more real.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Mark81

VIP Member
I've no idea who Disney Hannah is, but when social media influencers/vloggers draw attention to here and call us 'trolls' it just then gives them exactly what they crave, their followers fawning over them and tell them how great they are. It's a the classic echo chamber circle, and it reinforces that they are never in the wrong.

If you put content out there for public consumption, and you monetise it and make money off the back of people then they will (and have every right) to pass comment on your content and behaviour. You can't crave all the perks with none of the downsides. Also, if you truly want to be successful in business MAYBE the criticism has some validity and its your suck ups that are actually doing you a disservice. Businesses listen to their customers, sure the customers aren't right every time but you have to be self aware enough to consider it.

I have to admit though I don't get why people follow people they don't like or annoys them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Mark81

VIP Member
Controversial opinion here probably, but I went to Target after seeing all these vloggers go and thought it was rubbish, just reminded me of Woolworths (showing my age here) selling cheap tat. I much prefer a Publix to any of the places they go as the food quality is generally so much better than Target or Walmart, might go to a Walmart for bulk things like water as it is cheaper but I don't get the obsession with Target at all.
Publix fan here too

Disney vloggers...an hour queue for a ride no way! Five hours for a cookie and merch okay!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
Lots of posts about ESTA going up $7 from the Disney vloggers today.

“Get it now before the price rises” seems a false economy as it lasts 2 years from day of approval, so you will only have to renew sooner. Plus it’s $7. A drop in the ocean of a Florida trip.
Ah but in the land of the Disney blogger sharing your sarnies and skipping a few takeaways is how you pay for 14 nights deluxe or a 30K DVC. Same maths that says spend 10K on a holiday and then walk a mile in the rain dragging 2 cases to save a tenner taxi fare to the airport terminal. 🤪

• Haha

Furnessian

VIP Member
Lots of posts about ESTA going up $7 from the Disney vloggers today.

“Get it now before the price rises” seems a false economy as it lasts 2 years from day of approval, so you will only have to renew sooner. Plus it’s $7. A drop in the ocean of a Florida trip.

Mark81

VIP Member
Yes I'd say DLP is closer to the original disneyland. It has the same charm and old school disney feel. Additionally it's the most beautifully designed and landscaped of the disney parks with quite a lot of space compared to the American parks. Wdw has moved so far from the original disney feel in the last decade or two that its more like a big holiday camp. Contrary to popular belief, dlp has just as amazing cast members as the other parks too.

Alot of disney vloggers, including many of the big ones, aren't really disney fans. They are wdw fans, they like the easiness of it, how they don't have to put any effort in and can hide safe in the disney bubble and let wdw do everything for them.

If DLP improved on the food and gets studios development done it will be an amazing experience.

• Heart