Disney Vloggers #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoy.
Mr David Mr Ian UK couple
The Despicable 3 UK Family
Cheers ears UK family with older children 16 and 20
Will and Lelly UK couple
Kels and John Uk/US couple
Just the Hemms UK Family with older Teen boys 16 and 18 I believe, and just had a baby boy.

I don't feel any of these have big egos, to me they all just vlogs their trips and odd wk end vlogs because they enjoy it.
Their Disney content is fun and relatable they aren't looking to be the next big thing. I also like vloggers who clearly have proper jobs they wouldn't just quit because their channel was to become popular.

For example Just The Hemms the husband is Military, so I dont think would just leaving his job any time soon 😂
I’ve just had a look at Just The Hemms ❤ Thanks for the suggestion

Reactions: 2
I think the common theme of the vloggers we all enjoy on here is that they're genuinely excited to be at Disney. It feels like so many of the 'popular' vloggers don't really appreciate how lucky they are.

Reactions: 13
Most I watch have been mentioned but some others I enjoy:

Karen Bee (has lots of Disney content and does weekly vlogs too, seems a genuine Disney fan)
Emma Spears (lots of Disney series and shows day trips in the uk too)
Aclaireytale (she worked in WDW and has done Japan too)
Helena & Martin (they’re a really nice couple, mostly DLP I think)

Reactions: 2
Emma Spears is particularly interesting because she does a lot of non-Disney stuff in Florida too.

Reactions: 3
My favourites are:
Mr David and Mr Ian
Helena and Martyn
Karen Bee
This Natasha (very factual and helpful)
Becky and Lloyd
Hannah Rickets

I do watch others if I have nothing else to watch but they all bug me a little in some way! (Adam Hattan, Disney in Detail, Yaz and Ash)
I prefer to watch trip vlogs but will watch home vlogs of some people!

I cannot watch Get Binky at all and I hate watch The Lodge Guys

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Many of the ones I watch have mainly already been mentioned:
L & R Dreaming (couple, UK)
Will & Lelly (couple, UK)
Spoonfulofsugar (couple, UK, DVC owners)
Mr David and Mr Ian (couple, UK & now a firm favourite, only found them thanks to Tattle recommendations last year so thank you)
Karen Bee (Irish, living in London, usually travels with her sister and also home vlogs, lovely down to earth hard working now owns DVC)
The Despicable Three (UK family with one son of 9/10, from Derby, UK)
Cheers Ears (UK family, 2 late teens, own a B&B near Stonehenge, again only found in the past year)

Bit random but also occasionally watch One of a Dozen, an Australian blended family with 10 kids who've been to Florida twice, and Vicky Foulger's trip (UK family from Ramsgate with three teenage boys)

Also the odd Adam The Woo & Tim Tracker & Adam Hattan and Chris Lost in Florida

Reactions: 3
I think the common theme of the vloggers we all enjoy on here is that they're genuinely excited to be at Disney. It feels like so many of the 'popular' vloggers don't really appreciate how lucky they are.
That's very true and probably true for all genres of vloggers. I think when you start taking it for granted and get burned out then it shows and you're best moving on just as you would with a normal job.

After that it's probably comes down to personal taste and who you can relate to. I don't like vlogs with small kids, being honest if I see 'our baby journey' or 'our birth story' on the landing page I'm outta there just not for me at this stage of life, don't like humble braggers, I'm not interested in people who live in Orlando because most of the joy for me is in watching people's travel day and almost feeling their excitement through the screen, I prefer Brits or people from outside the US because they will highlight things that an American would take for granted whether it's a trip to Target or a flavour of candy. Not into professional vloggers like the Trackers because the videos are missing that palpable excitement and the need to churn out content makes the videos a bit samey and 'corporate' almost. There's only so many room tours done by someone who is in Disney 200 days a year that you watch before nodding off!

And a small quibble that I do overlook but it does annoy me is people who go out and eat enormous quantities of beige food and then regularly complain about their health issue.... that is exacerbated by by bad diet.

Reactions: 9
That's very true and probably true for all genres of vloggers. I think when you start taking it for granted and get burned out then it shows and you're best moving on just as you would with a normal job.

After that it's probably comes down to personal taste and who you can relate to. I don't like vlogs with small kids, being honest if I see 'our baby journey' or 'our birth story' on the landing page I'm outta there just not for me at this stage of life, don't like humble braggers, I'm not interested in people who live in Orlando because most of the joy for me is in watching people's travel day and almost feeling their excitement through the screen, I prefer Brits or people from outside the US because they will highlight things that an American would take for granted whether it's a trip to Target or a flavour of candy. Not into professional vloggers like the Trackers because the videos are missing that palpable excitement and the need to churn out content makes the videos a bit samey and 'corporate' almost. There's only so many room tours done by someone who is in Disney 200 days a year that you watch before nodding off!

And a small quibble that I do overlook but it does annoy me is people who go out and eat enormous quantities of beige food and then regularly complain about their health issue.... that is exacerbated by by bad diet.
Agreed. That's why I LOVE a travel day. And tend to watch smaller YouTube channels to get that authentic excitement.

Reactions: 6
Agreed. That's why I LOVE a travel day. And tend to watch smaller YouTube channels to get that authentic excitement.
Travel days are just the best. I adore watching people at their absolute happiest and when they are the most excited for what is going to come 💕

Reactions: 7
Ya travel days are such a pick me up especially in the past year when every day was Groundhog Day for me. It's amazing how much a travel day can pick you up on a dark winter morning when you've been stuck in the house work-eat-sleep for weeks on end. I love any airline, any class of travel, any kind of accommodation at the end. The only time I've ever switched off a travel day or put down a written report is when people are moaning around the airport with miserable faces or when people in written reports start humble bragging ''I had to move Barb's BMW to get the Mercedes loaded with our 3 cases each First Class allowance'' Bye! lol In fairness though most of them are fantastic

Ya travel days are such a pick me up especially in the past year when every day was Groundhog Day for me. It's amazing how much a travel day can pick you up on a dark winter morning when you've been stuck in the house work-eat-sleep for weeks on end. I love any airline, any class of travel, any kind of accommodation at the end. The only time I've ever switched off a travel day or put down a written report is when people are moaning around the airport with miserable faces or when people in written reports start humble bragging ''I had to move Barb's BMW to get the Mercedes loaded with our 3 cases each First Class allowance'' Bye! lol In fairness though most of them are fantastic
Ha!!! Who does this?? I wanna check them out! There are a few I've seen that do travel first upper or business (L & R, spoonful of sugar and news from lisa)

Travel days are just the best. I adore watching people at their absolute happiest and when they are the most excited for what is going to come 💕
I agree with this so much, travel day videos have been my go to throughout the pandemic... makes things feel a little normal.

My favourite Disney vloggers are:

Mr David & Mr Ian
Will & Lelly
Yaz & Ash
Mark & Gem
Ashley & Emma
Becky & Lloyd
Despicable 3
ATangledLife

Used to be a big fan of L&R but I stopped watching them because of the little things they do/say e.g. "where are we?/where are we going?" "Look at this (3 mile long) receipt from bath and body works" "POD Parking!" :sleep::sleep:

Reactions: 4
Many of the ones I watch have mainly already been mentioned:
L & R Dreaming (couple, UK)
Will & Lelly (couple, UK)
Spoonfulofsugar (couple, UK, DVC owners)
Mr David and Mr Ian (couple, UK & now a firm favourite, only found them thanks to Tattle recommendations last year so thank you)
Karen Bee (Irish, living in London, usually travels with her sister and also home vlogs, lovely down to earth hard working now owns DVC)
The Despicable Three (UK family with one son of 9/10, from Derby, UK)
Cheers Ears (UK family, 2 late teens, own a B&B near Stonehenge, again only found in the past year)

Bit random but also occasionally watch One of a Dozen, an Australian blended family with 10 kids who've been to Florida twice, and Vicky Foulger's trip (UK family from Ramsgate with three teenage boys)

Also the odd Adam The Woo & Tim Tracker & Adam Hattan and Chris Lost in Florida
One of a Dozen, I've come across, not many Aussie vloggers around. I have no idea how they can afford to go to Orlando, their last big trip, all 10 kids were there. It costs over 1,000 to fly to Orlando from Melbourne, plus tickets, accommodation and souvenirs, it would of cost a fortune. They were planning to go for a month last year, but I don't think it was all the kids that were to be going, but man, I don't think Rachel the wife works and don't know what Troy does. I wish they would do a video about it.
I'm 1 of 9 kids, we did 1 big family trip once, but ended up doing trips with either 1 or 2 kids with 1 parent.

Reactions: 1
One of a Dozen, I've come across, not many Aussie vloggers around. I have no idea how they can afford to go to Orlando, their last big trip, all 10 kids were there. It costs over 1,000 to fly to Orlando from Melbourne, plus tickets, accommodation and souvenirs, it would of cost a fortune. They were planning to go for a month last year, but I don't think it was all the kids that were to be going, but man, I don't think Rachel the wife works and don't know what Troy does. I wish they would do a video about it.
I'm 1 of 9 kids, we did 1 big family trip once, but ended up doing trips with either 1 or 2 kids with 1 parent.
I'm from a huge family too and we couldn't even afford to go to the cinema with the lot of us! I honestly think it's a reflection of the way society is ordered now today, a shrinking middle class and the rest either scraping by or getting absolutely massive salaries. The girl I shared digs with in college moved over to the US and landed a job at Salesforce. She started on something like 140K at 23 and is now on over 300K a decade later as is her husband. She could easily support 10 kids in style on her salary alone if she wanted to. So I would guess he has such a job, they have some family money or both. The really annoying think when you come from nothing and move into the white collar world is that most people in the great jobs are the kids of well off people so they have both the great salary and they have parents who paid for college, their first apartment, their wedding and they inherit money during their lifetimes. So even of you join them through hard work as I did you're still a step behind.

Ha!!! Who does this?? I wanna check them out! There are a few I've seen that do travel first upper or business (L & R, spoonful of sugar and news from lisa)
Some of the written reports on The Dibb and Tripadvisor are like this. Actually The Dibb in general has some veteran posters who do the stealth bragging all the time. Now that they're stuck in the UK they have taken to talking about all the work they're having done on the house and the Tesla and fancy cars they are buying. You also get the humble brag 'is my 10K spending money enough or should I bring more'. I send a lot of friends to The Dibb when they are thinking about doing Disney for the first time because it's a great resource but if you're not careful and spend too much time there I do think you can fall into the trap of thinking you have to upgrade everything and fly business and stay deluxe to have the 'perfect holiday'. People are also keen to book years in advance and they pay handsomely to do that and those figures could terrify a newbie too. They trip report sections are good though because a lot of the people who write them are not part of the 'veteran clique' and they have sections for cruises, west coast trips, European trips that are always a good read for the train as it's nice to read about places as varied as Alaska and Japan for our perspective.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Some of the written reports on The Dibb and Tripadvisor are like this. Actually The Dibb in general has some veteran posters who do the stealth bragging all the time. Now that they're stuck in the UK they have taken to talking about all the work they're having done on the house and the Tesla and fancy cars they are buying. You also get the humble brag 'is my 10K spending money enough or should I bring more'. I send a lot of friends to The Dibb when they are thinking about doing Disney for the first time because it's a great resource but if you're not careful and spend too much time there I do think you can fall into the trap of thinking you have to upgrade everything and fly business and stay deluxe to have the 'perfect holiday'. People are also keen to book years in advance and they pay handsomely to do that and those figures could terrify a newbie too. They trip report sections are good though because a lot of the people who write them are not part of the 'veteran clique' and they have sections for cruises, west coast trips, European trips that are always a good read for the train as it's nice to read about places as varied as Alaska and Japan for our perspective.
Agree re the Dibb. There’s some great trip reports (Stewboy and RedRach are 2 of my faves) and it’s handy to get tips. But my god some of the regulars like to brag, put other people down and generally be a bit of a dick. I haven’t been on there at all since around June last year as it was getting ridiculous and with no holidays to plan it served no purpose for me going on there.

Screenshot_20210507-193015~2.png

TUKDC has now changed

edit: weirdly I was watching one of their videos as it played after one I was watching so I thought I'd check their Instagram for an update. Saw Paul had now taken over. Went back to YouTube and all videos have now gone (even though the video I was watching was still playing...)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.