Disney Vloggers #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to everyone who recommended Mr Ian and Mr David! Started watching from their first 2018 WDW clog and really enjoying! Like L&R with a personality šŸ˜† (Iā€™m an L&R fan but they can get a bit boring)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I started watching them as well after reading here and absolutely love them! They seem like genuine, lovely guys who actually love Disney. Plus theyā€™re bloody funny!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone know what happened to Sophie and Tom? They came back for a bit after he cheated on her and now they seem to have disappeared again...

• Wow
Reactions: 2
This isn't true. I don't like the guy but you can tell he is the one going through the tough time. Just look at her posts on insta, people would not take his side if that was the case.
some people deal with things very differently, but I do feel Cheryl suffers with some form of split personalityā€¦. she was always very up and down in their YT/IG videos, like would just go on a mental one very randomlyā€¦.. like there was one time she had a full on melt down on their shared IG about her work but then the next minute was all happy and chirpy but it wasnā€™t an ordinary rant about work, it was VERY personal imho.

Itā€™s also weird that they (Paul) put ā€œno one else was involvedā€ in the post šŸ¤”

Does anyone know what happened to Sophie and Tom? They came back for a bit after he cheated on her and now they seem to have disappeared again...
Sophie still runs the Instagram just under her name now but he featured on stories recently. They rarely post though.

Reactions: 1
Sophie still runs the Instagram just under her name now but he featured on stories recently. They rarely post though.
suspect he will be making up for that dalliance for the rest of his life. And rightly so....

I wonder this too, like Katie and Dean (ourwildingadventures) went to disneyland paris twice, florida (a split stay onsite at disney moderate and universal premier hotels) and bought a house within like 2 years šŸ„“
maybe they already had a flat or something before they were together? Is it a huge mansion they have bought

DLP trips can be done fairly cheap, and one stay at WDW in that time isnā€™t unrealistic if youā€™re a childless couple and both working.

go out of peak season and not during summer holidays and everything is a lot cheaper

some people deal with things very differently, but I do feel Cheryl suffers with some form of split personalityā€¦. she was always very up and down in their YT/IG videos, like would just go on a mental one very randomlyā€¦.. like there was one time she had a full on melt down on their shared IG about her work but then the next minute was all happy and chirpy but it wasnā€™t an ordinary rant about work, it was VERY personal imho.

Itā€™s also weird that they (Paul) put ā€œno one else was involvedā€ in the post šŸ¤”
I think that Cheryl is putting on a front with her instagram posts and is trying to build a following!
I think Paul put "no one else was involved" due to the post on here where 'imnotkyle' made their announcement that Paul cheated, went back to Cheryl then kicked her out! It would appear that comment on here prompted them to make their 'statement' but I'm not 100%

Totally with you on this and come on Paul, give us a wave. We know you flit between Tattle and The New York Stock exchange šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 8
DLP trips can be done fairly cheap, and one stay at WDW in that time isnā€™t unrealistic if youā€™re a childless couple and both working.
Yup, as a couple without children you can do a long weekend stay in Val dEurope, which is a 2-3 min train ride away from the parks, for like Ā£150-200 per person out of peak season. Tickets to the parks are pricey, but the cheapest annual pass can be bought for 300ish and will give you 180ish days in the park, mostly out of season.

Reactions: 6
Yup, as a couple without children you can do a long weekend stay in Val dEurope, which is a 2-3 min train ride away from the parks, for like Ā£150-200 per person out of peak season. Tickets to the parks are pricey, but the cheapest annual pass can be bought for 300ish and will give you 180ish days in the park, mostly out of season.
Me and my husband did this a couple years back and went to DLP 4 times. With an annual pass I think our most expensive trip was Ā£300 each and out cheapest was Ā£150 each. Including flights and hotel :)

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m another fan Ian and David and I think I really like them because they love their Disney holidays but they are not living in a bubble if you know what I mean. I love a Disney trip myself but I also love other types of holiday and I love having a laugh. Some of the Disney vloggers are sort of childlike and they donā€™t have it in them to have the laugh and banter than Ian and David do. They (other vloggers) also only ever go to Disney Orlando and never even venture off site. I find that a bit depressing.....maybe not the right word but as much as I enjoy an afternoon in Epcot and a stay at POFQ when you have the means to go to WDW twice a year I really do think you should be visiting places in ā€œreal lifeā€ the real New Orleans is amazing too and it makes me uneasy when adults canā€™t do that.

I enjoy Spoonful because theyā€™ve done NY, Canada and a California trip. She does tend to compare everywhere to Disney but their Canada vlogs inspired me to do a trip to Vancouver and Seattle and was one of the best trips ever. Life with Lisa have also done several road trips that include Disney. I like her husband but felt sorry for her when the teens acted up on their west coast trip and showedno interest when she had put in so much work planning and so much expense Iā€™m sure. Ah youth! As someone who grew up on a council estate where summer holidays was sitting in the back on a white plastic chair, overlooked from every angle, listening to the neighbours fighting I do want to shake a teen who sulks their way around California but Lisa made the most of it bless her and the videos are very entertaining and informative. L&Rs Hawaii vlogs were so so. They are not the most adventurous people but it was nice to see them out of the bubble and it also put me off Aulani and saved me a bundle!

Reactions: 6
I budget about Ā£1000 for both us for 4 nights 5 days šŸ˜‚ for flights/hotel/tickets and I thought that was a good deal! Thatā€™s crazy you get it so cheap!

If you're talking about angie bellemere, she's ridiculous!! she acts like she's made all this money herself from being a beachbody coach and I've no doubt that she does make money that way (she is very high up in basically a pyramid scheme and think of how many people sign up under her after watching her videos??!) but they were loaded anyway. There's one video where she talks about ending up in hospital because she was exhausting herself from working too hard (before joining Beachbody, I think she is saying) but it's clearly just her checking herself into a paid for clinic where they gave her an IV drip because she was partying too hard. it's nonsense.

I am always so curious where vloggers get there money from, so many of them seem to have spare money to throw everyhwere. are they all in debt to try and become successful at youtube and think that they'll one day earn enough from it to be able to pay the debt back? or are they actually all loaded?
like luke and rich (I know they have there own thread) - they seem lovely men but they obviously have quite a bit of money, even saving lots there's no way they'd be able to afford to go to WDW 4 or 5 times a year unless they were loaded.
luke and Rich live in a tiny non descript house and they both have decent enough jobs. If I estimate that they earn 100K between them and they pay 800 a month for the mortgage I can make the numbers work for their trips. They are not going to be doing all the retirement savings and investments that they could do if they didnā€™t travel but they probably figure that they wonā€™t have children and are happy enough to live in a modest home and drive a modest car so this lifestyle works for them.

Reactions: 3
luke and Rich live in a tiny non descript house and they both have decent enough jobs. If I estimate that they earn 100K between them and they pay 800 a month for the mortgage I can make the numbers work for their trips. They are not going to be doing all the retirement savings and investments that they could do if they didnā€™t travel but they probably figure that they wonā€™t have children and are happy enough to live in a modest home and drive a modest car so this lifestyle works for them.
really doubt they're earning that much! maybe 60k (30k each) their house like you said is a small house in quite a cheap area of the UK. They've only recently in the past few years started staying on site, I feel like they'd always have stayed onsite if they were earning 100k between them.

Iā€™m another fan Ian and David and I think I really like them because they love their Disney holidays but they are not living in a bubble if you know what I mean. I love a Disney trip myself but I also love other types of holiday and I love having a laugh. Some of the Disney vloggers are sort of childlike and they donā€™t have it in them to have the laugh and banter than Ian and David do. They (other vloggers) also only ever go to Disney Orlando and never even venture off site. I find that a bit depressing.....maybe not the right word but as much as I enjoy an afternoon in Epcot and a stay at POFQ when you have the means to go to WDW twice a year I really do think you should be visiting places in ā€œreal lifeā€ the real New Orleans is amazing too and it makes me uneasy when adults canā€™t do that.

I enjoy Spoonful because theyā€™ve done NY, Canada and a California trip. She does tend to compare everywhere to Disney but their Canada vlogs inspired me to do a trip to Vancouver and Seattle and was one of the best trips ever. Life with Lisa have also done several road trips that include Disney. I like her husband but felt sorry for her when the teens acted up on their west coast trip and showedno interest when she had put in so much work planning and so much expense Iā€™m sure. Ah youth! As someone who grew up on a council estate where summer holidays was sitting in the back on a white plastic chair, overlooked from every angle, listening to the neighbours fighting I do want to shake a teen who sulks their way around California but Lisa made the most of it bless her and the videos are very entertaining and informative. L&Rs Hawaii vlogs were so so. They are not the most adventurous people but it was nice to see them out of the bubble and it also put me off Aulani and saved me a bundle!
Yeah, didn't really enjoy L&Rs Hawaii vlogs, I've been to Honolulu a few times, and I don't understand how you travel so far and spend so much money just to stay in the resort, when there's this whole beautiful island to see. Aulani seemed such a waste of money. If it's your first time in Honolulu don't waste your time at your resort.
Spoonful of Sugar were booked to go to California and Hawaii last year I think. I find them very similar to Luke and Rich, can be very repititive.

Reactions: 3
I budget about Ā£1000 for both us for 4 nights 5 days šŸ˜‚ for flights/hotel/tickets and I thought that was a good deal! Thatā€™s crazy you get it so cheap!
I just looked up our last trip in my emails:

2 nights in March, 2 Adults, staying at Raddison Blu Marne-la-Valle, Flights via Easyjet with carry-on only, Ā£477 total via Lastminute.com. The Raddison is priced a lot higher than a lot of the hotels in the local area (as the Disney golf is next door).

4 nights / 5 days for 1k sounds like a good deal and about on par.

If I estimate that they earn 100K between them and they pay 800 a month for the mortgage I can make the numbers work for their trips.
Don't forget their YT money, 10-20k views per video, could be anywhere from Ā£2-Ā£10 per 1k views, soon adds up if they post a series, could practically pay for a trip on its own.

I just looked up our last trip in my emails:

2 nights in March, 2 Adults, staying at Raddison Blu Marne-la-Valle, Flights via Easyjet with carry-on only, Ā£477 total via Lastminute.com. The Raddison is priced a lot higher than a lot of the hotels in the local area (as the Disney golf is next door).

4 nights / 5 days for 1k sounds like a good deal and about on par.
That makes me feel better and not as if iā€™ve been ripped off lol! What is it like staying at marne-la-valle ? Is it far from parks?

That makes me feel better and not as if iā€™ve been ripped off lol! What is it like staying at marne-la-valle ? Is it far from parks?
Most of the hotels in the MLV area have their own busses to the parks, Raddison one is OK but it only starts at 9am so a bit of a downer if you've got an annual pass that gives you extra magic hours, but getting a Uber isn't that difficult or expensive (about 4-5 EUR).

I prefer staying in Val d'Europe, you can get an Ibis room there for stupidly cheap and its about 20 meters from rear entrance of the train station from the front door of the hotel. The trains are frequent and cost about 1-2 EUR each way per person.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Most of the hotels in the MLV area have their own busses to the parks, Raddison one is OK but it only starts at 9am so a bit of a downer if you've got an annual pass that gives you extra magic hours, but getting a Uber isn't that difficult or expensive (about 4-5 EUR).

I prefer staying in Val d'Europe, you can get an Ibis room there for stupidly cheap and its about 20 meters from rear entrance of the train station from the front door of the hotel. The trains are frequent and cost about 1-2 EUR each way per person.
aww thatā€™s amazing thanks so much for the info, defos keep it in mind when weā€™re finally able to go again lol! I went once to the val dā€™europe shopping centre and would love to go again next time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.