Disney Vloggers #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First post. Started watching Disney vloggers beginning of lockdown when our florida holiday got postponed. Have watched nearly everyone mentioned including the Saturday Night Discussions shows most weeks, in fact in deep lockdown it was something to look forward too but I can understand a couple of the comments here. One week they had a quiz on themselves and their friend vloggers and I felt alienated as I'd only watched TUKDC and some of Nathan but not others. I didn't pick up on arguments so have found the posts here very interesting.

Started off with Becky and Lloyd. Very good content, just wish they'd cut the "outfit of the day" 5 min slow pan segments. Quick 5 second mention is enough. Moved on to The Despicable Three. Love them and gained a few useful tips. Then Sarah and Adam (her platonic flatmate) from That Sounds Fun. I see the comments not liking her moaning. I prefer it if some vloggers are bit more honest about feeling tired or not well as I find it more relatable and then interesting to see what they do with limited energy as that's bound to be me when we get out there. Also their friendship is refreshing. Watched a few ClaireyTale, she seems genuinely lovely, and as she used to work at WDW so her trips aren't the norm as she might do something her old CM mate has organised, she also gives the odd behind the scenes fact. Then we found TUKDC. At first we found Paul a bit odd but liked the quality they produced and gained some useful tips. His rants were a bit annoying but overall their videos were quite helpful although a bit less relatable as we're not personally Disney superfans. Having read some of the comments on him fat shaming Cheryl and calling her Madam looking back I agree. Have watched Soph and Nath, they were ok. We tried watching some of Nathan Staker's but found him boring, however I will say that I'm enjoying his more recent UK theme park videos. I think he's grown in confidence hugely over the past year from doing the Saturday shows.

I prefer vloggers who are more relatable for me i.e that aren't super disney obsessed and will do other stuff and a mixture of excited and chilled. I also don't particularly like those that go to about 3 places in 1 day and have 16+ hour days as it seems unachievable for a whole fortnight but again that's because I personally couldn't do it and tbh I'm just jealous at their energy levels! We also watch AllEars and DFB for latest Covid rules.

TUKDC Break up musings: When they officially announced it I was shocked because they had a trip to Berlin in October then did Vlogmas. So either it happened very quickly or they're great actors, or potentially a bit of both. Looking back there were several things I noticed from the Saturday night shows.
1. The New Year's Eve show. At midnight while all other couples kissed, they didn't. In fact if you watch closely they each wipe at their eyes. At the time I thought this was tiredness but the break down of their relationship must have already happened by this point. They also sit each end of the sofa and go on their phones while everyone else is celebrating. Paul starts to bounce his arms for Auld Lang's syne and only after a couple of minutes does Cheryl reluctantly join in. I also have a theory it was Cheryl that instigated it for the below reasons and that in this show Paul did a drunk emotional rant about how he'd learned how much he appreciated the people closest to him, even though Cheryl was sitting next to him, which now with the context seems a bit harsh on her, if she had instigated it.
2. The following show a week later Cheryl isn't there. Paul tells us she's not feeling well. Cheryl's mum is commenting as normal so is seemingly unaware of the break up. There's a new intro for the new year which includes a clip of TUKDC looking lovingly at each other. If you had just dumped someone out of all the footage you wouldn't choose that would you? DisneyFreak also comments that the intro is "sad but it's his decision," which must be related to this. The following week (16th Jan) Cheryl is back on.
3. The following week (ep 48) Cheryl isn't there and we are told she's having an early night and is already in her pjs. Paul shouts to her and claims she can't hear him. It's Jan 23rd so surely by this point they have broken up. Cheryl's mum isn't in the shout outs so presumably she's stopped watching by now. Also the live comments have now been removed from this video which seems odd. We know from their later post the split happened in January. Show on Jan 30th both of them aren't there at all with Nathan saying they are taking a week off. Then finally the following week on ep 50 Feb 6th Paul is back Cheryl isn't, and people actually ask in the comments where is she? Paul says Cheryl is "taking a break for a few weeks from the show, which nothing to worry about, she's taking a break from the show which she's entitled to do." But that previous week must have been her moving out.
At first I wondered if 1 of them had decided they wanted kids. We have been told in past videos Cheryl is 36 and Paul is 34, I wondered if she suddenly wanted them and to get on with it and he didn't so that was that? Then I thought are they just one of the couples that haven't survived lockdown? Paul has said many times he travels/flies often for work and Cheryl has a busy NHS job and maybe seeing each other 24/7 for a year got to them? We'll probably never know. It would be nice if they'd just said something vague like "we have realised we are now different people." People are entitled to privacy but if you have a dedicated community you need to tell them a reason even if it's vague and doesn't specify the actual reason.
I really don't think that it was Cheryl that instigated it at all. Although I have only gone to the New Year celebration bit as I can't listen to his voice for too long!
Paul misses Cheryl out of each bit where he thanks all the people on screen!

Cheryl wipes away tears on many occasions but I never noticed Paul, Infact when she wipes away tears at one point he points towards the camera as if to tell her to pull it together!

I refer back to the post from a person clearly in the know that said Paul left Cheryl for someone else then came back saying let's make it work etc then later asked her to leave and said they're getting a divorce!
For someone who has been in a similar situation its very awkward to know how to reavt to each other when 'trying to make it work' and that's how I saw that situation, not knowing how your show of affection will be taken, will you be accepted or pushed away?

Although I don't know Paul personally he comes across as the type that if he wasn't to blame he would be shouting it from the roof tops!

Reactions: 6
Can understand the moaning from Sarah from That Sounds Fun a bit much, but just re-watching her vlogs with Adam, they do so much those first few days, I'd be moaning too. I think it's a bit refreshing seeing vlogs where they go hard, doing parks all day, compared to vlogs where they go to a park, do the minimum 3 rides, then leave *coughDisneyInDetailcough*. Have enjoyed Sarah's reaction vlogs. Hope her and Adam return to Florida together again, see what they do differently.

Reactions: 3
Can understand the moaning from Sarah from That Sounds Fun a bit much, but just re-watching her vlogs with Adam, they do so much those first few days, I'd be moaning too. I think it's a bit refreshing seeing vlogs where they go hard, doing parks all day, compared to vlogs where they go to a park, do the minimum 3 rides, then leave *coughDisneyInDetailcough*. Have enjoyed Sarah's reaction vlogs. Hope her and Adam return to Florida together again, see what they do differently.
I find Adam hilarious but Sarah is very dismissive of him and can be very patronising.

Reactions: 1
I find Adam hilarious but Sarah is very dismissive of him and can be very patronising.
I've not watched her last series as the one I watched before was dull......she moaned all the time and finished every night by chatting to the camera, saying she's so tired and must sleep yet she continues to ramble on for 10 more minutes 😴

I've not watched her last series as the one I watched before was dull......she moaned all the time and finished every night by chatting to the camera, saying she's so tired and must sleep yet she continues to ramble on for 10 more minutes 😴
Was this the one she went on her own? She’d just been through a difficult break up and has done videos since saying how awful she felt at that time and shouldn’t have vlogged or even gone on the holiday. It was a difficult series to watch!

Reactions: 4
Was this the one she went on her own? She’d just been through a difficult break up and has done videos since saying how awful she felt at that time and shouldn’t have vlogged or even gone on the holiday. It was a difficult series to watch!
I can't be sure, If it was I wasn't aware of the break up but it just dragged me down and its not what I want from a holiday vlog!

Yeah, I think it was a trip she had planned to do with Jess but ended up going alone. I felt awful for her :( She seem’s happy now though, which I’m really glad of :)

Reactions: 2
I can't be sure, If it was I wasn't aware of the break up but it just dragged me down and its not what I want from a holiday vlog!
I imagine it was that one, her others weren’t quite as moany and she was really bad for chatting on for ages at the end of that trip. She found out her boyfriend was transgender so not really in the right headspace for it sadly.

Yeah, I think it was a trip she had planned to do with Jess but ended up going alone. I felt awful for her :( She seem’s happy now though, which I’m really glad of :)
Me too it was really surprising from a viewers perspective so I can’t imagine how she felt. She does seem happy with her new guy. I do really like her just don’t feel the need to watch all of her vlogs. Adam seems like a nice guy but I find him quite boring to watch!

Majority of disney vloggers and annoying arrogant and entitled but the ones I personally enjoy I've put into different categories

Locals
Paging Mr Morrow
Mickey Views
Theme Park Stop
Adults in Disney (excellent Instagram)
Attractions 360 (only do ride POVs but they are the best out there)

(Occasionally Theme Park Obsession and Theme Park Shark but they're getting a bit annoying)

News/history/nostalgia
Disney Food Blog
TPM Vids (him and AJ from dfb have tge best Disney voices)
DSNY newscast (good research but annoying and cheesy presentation. Also hard to rely on as doesn't cover every news item)
Theme Park History
Yesterworld Entertainment
Abiant worlds (for various themed background music)

Trip vloggers

L and R Dreaming
Thisnatasha
Aclaireytale
Hannah Rickets
See you in mainstreet (for DLP)
Thanks for the see you in mainstreet suggestion! I was watching another vlog and one of theirs played after. I liked it but then lost it! Now I know who they are will go back and watch.

I recommended a channel a while ago, News From Lisa. I've watched them all now although the last trip the vlogs stopped. Any ideas why? Just annoying that they didn't upload anymore yet?

Another vote for Becky and Lloyd. Love their florida ones. Just watched their UK ones and center parcs and they are a bit dull!

Reactions: 2
Although there are so many of them, finding a Disney vlogger to enjoy and follow is actually quite difficult as (to me) there are so many turn offs

* cutesy couples/baby talk
* women who act like they're a princess or some real life disney character (don't see that so much with male vloggers)
* overly emotional at everything
* arrogant, entitled attitudes or make it all about them
* act like they know it all when they usually don't
* act like kids tv presenters and act up for the camera
* sing and talk loudly on rides to show how big a fan they are
* cringe gimmicks

Reactions: 14
I’ve got a few things that grind my gears about Knappily Ever After and I used to really like her:

1.Tagging Fabletics in everything, absolutely desperate to get them to gift her stuff. It’s bordering needy and desperate.

2. Says they live on a budget yet is absolutely desperate to pay out for anything to get them content. Massively criticised Disney Cruise Line when she realised she couldn’t travel with them due to her husband not being fully jabbed.

3. There are a few vlogs now where she’s bought the kids Disney snacks but not let them touch them until she’s done an Instagram photo shoot with them - not to mention whenever her husband is vlogging and he catches her on camera, she’s always on her phone. Does she spend any time with her kids?!

4. The whole Beach Body coach thing - bragging in her posts about training for 100 days straight, that’s nothing to be proud of. The body needs rest and recovery and if she was actually a qualified coach, other than part of a pyramid scheme, then she’d know to promote recovery. It’s unhealthy to train every day. If the body doesn’t recover, it doesn’t grow - basics.

5. It feels like everything she does is for content -getting the dog... why ask the girls what they want to call the dog if you’ve already decided it’s name and planned the Instagram account for it?

Why are some vloggers so desperate to sacrifice their family for content?
Omg here for this. Just watched Sian saying she’s worried about her holiday to Cornwall next week as the content won’t be good and she’s desperate to hit 10K to hit business opportunities. It’s all so insincere

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've seen Sam Mealey mentioned a few times...he has a thread here if people are interested

Omg here for this. Just watched Sian saying she’s worried about her holiday to Cornwall next week as the content won’t be good and she’s desperate to hit 10K to hit business opportunities. It’s all so insincere
She also posted on insta a big write up on hotel B&B near Disneyland Paris. It came across as an AD or affiliated but it wasn't marked as such and I think it's more her trying to get freebies and be hosted etc
At least she hasn't done a silly bloody dancing video for a few days

• Haha
Worried about Cornwall content yet films herself eating a burger 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sian was boasting about going to Cornwall but government advice is now not to travel on or OUT of Leicester as it’s a Indian variant hit spot plus 7 other areas.
Bet she still goes though

Reactions: 5
Sian was boasting about going to Cornwall but government advice is now not to travel on or OUT of Leicester as it’s a Indian variant hit spot plus 7 other areas.
If she can sing to a burger I can't wait to hear her serenade a pasty!!!!!!

• Haha
not a fan of following Covid guidelines though is she? Isn’t that why the weekly vlogs stopped? She had her husband’s family in the house for one of the kid’s birthdays during lockdown and someone called her out for it. She tried claiming it was a childcare bubble and someone pointed out to her the exact rules around a childcare bubble so the teddies came out of the pram.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.