Disney/Victoria in Detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seems to be stuck in a weird place between going so frequently that her vlogs are repetitive, and not living in Florida so she spends trips doing what she enjoys rather than thinking about what content is needed for a good vlog.

To me a channel called Disney in Detail would be more like Tim Tracker's where each vlog would focus on something really specific like a new restaurant or experience.

If I was in her position on a solo trip I'd spend the whole week doing short, specific vlogs like a tour of one land at a park. I think there'd be an audience for it. I know a lot about Disney but when I'm planning trips I like to watch short vlogs of tours round the hotels and how to use transportation (The DIS and AllEars are great at doing this).
Agree with this - I've always thought her channel name was incredibly ironic

Reactions: 2
She’s posted saying after all this is over she’ll never take for granted being able to stand in front of the castle

I’m sorry but if you’re going to Disney world so many times that you do take it for granted you’re going too often 😡

Reactions: 6
Whilst we’re all in lockdown, I wish she’d do more ‘in detail’ videos rather than just vlogs. A bit more about hotels in detail, restaurants etc. She’s at home so loads of time to plan and film!

Reactions: 3
Can someone, for the love of God, please explain to this woman, the correct meaning of being obsessed!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t mind Victoria in small doses but it frustrates me when Ian jumps into shot as well as taking over the live streams. He acts like he is the one with channel but I guess if he is paying for the trips he kinda is.

Agree with this - I've always thought her channel name was incredibly ironic
Yes!
She seems to be stuck in a weird place between going so frequently that her vlogs are repetitive, and not living in Florida so she spends trips doing what she enjoys rather than thinking about what content is needed for a good vlog.

To me a channel called Disney in Detail would be more like Tim Tracker's where each vlog would focus on something really specific like a new restaurant or experience.

If I was in her position on a solo trip I'd spend the whole week doing short, specific vlogs like a tour of one land at a park. I think there'd be an audience for it. I know a lot about Disney but when I'm planning trips I like to watch short vlogs of tours round the hotels and how to use transportation (The DIS and AllEars are great at doing this).
I agree with this! I love AllEars and the DIS! SeeYouInMainSreet and Sam4God do similar detailed videos about Disneyland Paris and I find them very helpful. But not many non Americans do it with Disney World, so she's got the privilege to start doing more specific vlogs as a Brit and give a different perspective, yet it's always the same old....

I love the DIS!!

I don’t hate Ian and I don’t hate the lives tbh, although I’ve only seen parts of one or two of them and they already seem repetitive.
but her vlogs are pointless. They’re just as repetitive, get up late, shop, eat, repeat.

Reactions: 4
This week’s vlog was a moan fest from start to finish. She spent a good 50% of it moaning that Hollywood Studios was too busy. For someone who goes frequently I do wonder why she’s surprised by or phased by the crowds. I don’t ever go to Disney expecting it to be quiet or have low crowds as that’s just not going to happen. The rest of the time was spent moaning about the temperature and showing us the price of things in the shops. I think the final straw was walking round showing us wait times - why would anybody find any enjoyment in filming or watching that? Breakfast was again an unhealthy snack instead of something sustaining. Again, she set off late. Again, she bailed from the parks early to sit in her room on YouTube and drink a cup of tea. I just wonder what the purpose of these vlogs is. It is starting to become evident that she lives from one trip to the next but when she gets there is bored of it and already looking to the next instead of enjoying the here and now. She’s chasing the perfect trip instead of enjoying the current one. This isn’t a job - it’s an excuse not to work.

Reactions: 9
This week’s vlog was a moan fest from start to finish. She spent a good 50% of it moaning that Hollywood Studios was too busy. For someone who goes frequently I do wonder why she’s surprised by or phased by the crowds. I don’t ever go to Disney expecting it to be quiet or have low crowds as that’s just not going to happen. The rest of the time was spent moaning about the temperature and showing us the price of things in the shops. I think the final straw was walking round showing us wait times - why would anybody find any enjoyment in filming or watching that? Breakfast was again an unhealthy snack instead of something sustaining. Again, she set off late. Again, she bailed from the parks early to sit in her room on YouTube and drink a cup of tea. I just wonder what the purpose of these vlogs is. It is starting to become evident that she lives from one trip to the next but when she gets there is bored of it and already looking to the next instead of enjoying the here and now. She’s chasing the perfect trip instead of enjoying the current one. This isn’t a job - it’s an excuse not to work.
I agree. But maybe some people (her viewers) like the same old same old. And as for patreon park day, thats a good idea, but shes only doing it for the people who pay her money.

I'd love to see a 'get fit for florida' vlog series. And no, I'm not suggesting she needs to lose weight or anything, I think she looks lovely. But as anyone who's been to WDW knows, it is a killer in terms of steps and walking and unless you have a degree of fitness, you struggle! And Im guessing she is claiming she 'cant work' because of her TM. Or maybe she just doesnt want to have a job - whatever, but it would still be a new idea for her.

It is very evident she is bored over there though. Smiling into a camera lens and saying "I'm SO excited" is all well and good, but its much the same. Late getting up, missing the bus/transport, moaning that shes late, making a joke over the fact shes always late, getting to a theme park and being somewhat amazed how busy it is, COFFEE, saying "I'll do that next time, sitting down, bailing out of evening plans and going back to the hotel.

Those things are fine to do, if you go 5 times a year like she does, but for some people, it can cost little under £10k for a family trip for 2 weeks and those people save up for years and years and years to be able to go once!!!

Reactions: 3
I've looked into her past jobs and stuff before because I was curious how she was affording all these Disney trips when she doesn't work full time. If I remember correctly she used to work for the healthcare system doing some kind of desk job and Ian is a software engineer I believe? I think he's in a management position so I would imagine he makes a decent living. If I were him I would be irritated that my wife gets to stay home all day when I work and then get to go on a ton of expensive vacations. I might be totally off here but I also get vibes that Kate has money. Maybe not a ton but I feel like she must make a good living for just herself. She seems to have a lot of spending money and expensive taste. I wonder what she does for a living? I really like Victoria and her vlogs but I agree it would be nice if she posted more videos with detail and if she went on some different rides. I feel like she never does rock n roller coaster, tower of terror, dinosaur, splash, ect ect.. just a lot of eating and shopping with a few rides mixed in. I also don't really see her necessarily complaining about the weather and crowds. She usually will give updates and explain what's going on but she always keeps a positive attitude and often follows up by saying she isn't going to let it ruin anything. I think it's pretty darn unfair for people to be accusing her of complaining when she really isn't.

Reactions: 1
I agree. But maybe some people (her viewers) like the same old same old. And as for patreon park day, thats a good idea, but shes only doing it for the people who pay her money.

I'd love to see a 'get fit for florida' vlog series. And no, I'm not suggesting she needs to lose weight or anything, I think she looks lovely. But as anyone who's been to WDW knows, it is a killer in terms of steps and walking and unless you have a degree of fitness, you struggle! And Im guessing she is claiming she 'cant work' because of her TM. Or maybe she just doesnt want to have a job - whatever, but it would still be a new idea for her.

It is very evident she is bored over there though. Smiling into a camera lens and saying "I'm SO excited" is all well and good, but its much the same. Late getting up, missing the bus/transport, moaning that shes late, making a joke over the fact shes always late, getting to a theme park and being somewhat amazed how busy it is, COFFEE, saying "I'll do that next time, sitting down, bailing out of evening plans and going back to the hotel.

Those things are fine to do, if you go 5 times a year like she does, but for some people, it can cost little under £10k for a family trip for 2 weeks and those people save up for years and years and years to be able to go once!!!
I kinda feel like she actually does still get excited. I feel like she's more excited for the food and shopping and general atmosphere but kinda over the rides and attractions. I go to Disney once every 1-2 years and theres some rides that I will opt to skip because I feel like I was just on it so i guess i understand why she would feel that way. But with that being said, I would never pass up the opportunity to ride the bigger rides which I feel like she more often than not skips. I agree that this last trip that she's just begun posting about is like 50% her cancelling plans which is a little frustrating because I would love to be there and I feel like most people just force themselves to go because they know how much money they paid to be there and end up having a great time. I wish he would just go! Any day in Disney is still better than a normal day at home.

I asked this a while ago and the general consensus was that she isn't and Ian's salary supports a lot of her trips.
Poor Ian.. he does't even get to go on these trips

Jeez, i know she ain't no skinny girl, and I'm hardly one to talk, but how much food do they really need to eat.
Watching her latest Di$ney vlog and all they do is eat, and it's lots of crap as well. Of too garden grill but they still manage a pre meal meal.
When we went we'd do a good breakfast in the morning and because of that completely forget to eat until dinner time, like a normal human being.
Oh and i bet she's devastated that they can't do miniature golf, cos that's what we all travel to Florida to do?! Hey, probably more uno in the room.
I agree! how can you walk around in the hotness and humidity and still eat to the point where youre "sooo full". And especially while wearing shorts and clothes that don't hide when youre feeling overly full

I have great sentimentality for Victoria as I’ve been watching her for years. I get what everyone is saying though, she needs to freshen out up in the parks. I just watched her latest vlog and she’s a very easy watch. I like her personality and she looked lovely. I make the minimum effort when I go to Disney! I’m a different vintage though.

I just rewatched Saturdays vlog and to be fair to her, that was manic at Hollywood Studios. We were there at Christmas and it wasn’t as bad as that. I would’ve bailed by lunchtime too and I never like to leave until I’ve done most of the rides.

the one thing I do like about Victoria is that she seems to be a very kind person. I think her niceness draws in the subscribers. She’s not faking her personality IMO.

Reactions: 8
Have recently discovered this YouTuber. Whilst I like her vlogging style, because I’m watch her vlogs all at once it’s obvious she doesn’t push herself out of her comfort zone and sticks to things she like. Yes the People Mover is great to maybe rest your feet for a little and go around the park but you don’t need to film everytime- except in her case it’s one of the few rides she goes on.

I couldn’t figure out how she manages to go so many times a year, dvd isn’t all that cheap. I thought she must have a good paying job and a sympathetic boss but no just a rug for a husband who stays home earning the money while she goes off and spends it. There is no way she is making a full time salary from youtube, Adsense or anything else to fund her trips and pay for all the stuff she buys there. I find that selfish and immoral to do that to your partner.

I know some of you have hinted at her TM being the reason for her not working or an excuse for her to do this. I have no doubt it was a terrifying experience when it happened in 2017 but she has recovered enough to walk the Disney park’s several times a year, nothing stopping her getting a desk job and still doing the vlogs. Plenty of people do that.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.