Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone any tips for taking a toddler on the plane? When we booked to go back she was a delightful baby and we got cocky 😂 now Biden might actually let us go and my nerves are wrecked. Not like it’s the good old days where you could walk them round the plane 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
Please help me 😂

Has anyone any tips for taking a toddler on the plane? When we booked to go back she was a delightful baby and we got cocky 😂 now Biden might actually let us go and my nerves are wrecked. Not like it’s the good old days where you could walk them round the plane 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
Please help me 😂
I’m doing a 4 hour flight with a fidgetty 13 month old next week. No ideas. Just taking all the snacks and new toys I can fit in my backpack.

it was so much easier with my older one pre covid!

Reactions: 1
Please help me 😂
Booze 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have DLP booked for March (New York hotel) but partner and I have lots of annual leave to use up so thinking of moving it to November. Has anyone been in November? Is it super cold? I’ve never done a Disney park at xmas season 🥺 Is it busy?

does anyone know an opening date for the iron man ride?

Reactions: 2
I have DLP booked for March (New York hotel) but partner and I have lots of annual leave to use up so thinking of moving it to November. Has anyone been in November? Is it super cold? I’ve never done a Disney park at xmas season 🥺 Is it busy?

does anyone know an opening date for the iron man ride?

We went towards the end of November a few years ago and loved it! Was so festive.
Wasn't too busy, was cold but we just wrapped up

• Heart
We have never taken a car out before, so can anyone help me out with insurance. Some sites stating fully covered, others even the gold package is

Third Party Liability
Theft Protection with deductible
Collision Damage Waiver with deductible

is this full coverage just worded differently? Sorry to be dopey with it

Shopdisney UK have really cute new ears on there atm, wish I had a trip booked so I could justify buying some 😩

(yes I am one of the grown women who wears ears at the park and I’m not sorry about it)

Shopdisney UK have really cute new ears on there atm, wish I had a trip booked so I could justify buying some 😩

(yes I am one of the grown women who wears ears at the park and I’m not sorry about it)
😍😍😍 Me too. I also wore them at Disney on Ice at the weekend!

I just had a video come up on utube so thought I would give it a go because it featured the pods at Heathrow -don’t ask me why but I am desperate to have a ride…..anyway this video from ‘Ryans Travels’ gave me such a laugh - a grown ass 40ish man sharing a bloody hotel room with his mum and dad - gets to Florida staying at universals dockside (at least he had his own room) looks out the window and over the road is The Sheriton (I think it’s still called that) but you know the funny shaped one - he pans further down I drive to fun spot and said there is the Eye and the star flyer is next to it!!!! What!!! Don’t think I will take tips from him!!!

• Haha
My California trip is hopefully going ahead on Weds provided my COVID test comes back negative. I'm not going outside too much and being careful so fingers crossed!

Happy to feedback on protocols at the airport or anything else anyone would like to know about. Second part of the holiday is Disney but going to San Francisco first.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m in Florida for 6 weeks and I’ve already been twice 😂 it’s bankrupting me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm back if anyone has any questions!

(Bearing in mind that things are changing on an almost weekly basis now 😂)

Overall great time was had. But I found it interesting that some of the things I would do to save money are no longer possible. That seems to be the way Disney is going sadly....

Reactions: 5
I’m in Florida for 6 weeks and I’ve already been twice 😂 it’s bankrupting me
How did you find it? I came back Sunday. And quite honestly questioning if I’d ever go back to Orlando now. It’s just changed so much since I was there at the end of 2019. I was staying off property which was probably a massive mistake on my part as the hotel had pretty much no staff, everything was closed in the hotel, it was cleaned once which didn’t bother me too much because germs haha. But you could tell no one’s been in these hotels for a looooong time.

You could also tell about the lack of staff just everywhere, I can’t tell you how many restaurants I went to off property that were almost empty but “fully booked” as they have no staff. I also had an incident with reception calling me in the middle of the night, they didn’t even apologise when I said they called the wrong room, just slammed the phone down. It all just felt like no one cared because they were overworked which I get but, also, it’s a hotel for holidaymakers!

Starbucks ran out of coffee, for three days…. went to another coffee shop and they had none either. It was insane, I thought the U.K. was bad with supplies but it seems the US are really struggling. I did get a free reusable cup from Starbucks as they ran out of card cups one day so that was a nice bonus!

Also, the outlets… not really outlets anymore just regular stores. No deals like there used to be, I tend to not pack much as I know I’ll buy new clothes and shoes but nothing. I bought one pair of shoes and they were the same price as the U.K. no buy one get on half price or anything.

It’s just changed, I can’t explain it but Orlando is just not what it used to be and it’s such a shame! I hope in a few years they will recover from this but until then, I won’t be going back!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
How did you find it? I came back Sunday. And quite honestly questioning if I’d ever go back to Orlando now. It’s just changed so much since I was there at the end of 2019. I was staying off property which was probably a massive mistake on my part as the hotel had pretty much no staff, everything was closed in the hotel, it was cleaned once which didn’t bother me too much because germs haha. But you could tell no one’s been in these hotels for a looooong time.

You could also tell about the lack of staff just everywhere, I can’t tell you how many restaurants I went to off property that were almost empty but “fully booked” as they have no staff. I also had an incident with reception calling me in the middle of the night, they didn’t even apologise when I said they called the wrong room, just slammed the phone down. It all just felt like no one cared because they were overworked which I get but, also, it’s a hotel for holidaymakers!

Starbucks ran out of coffee, for three days…. went to another coffee shop and they had none either. It was insane, I thought the U.K. was bad with supplies but it seems the US are really struggling. I did get a free reusable cup from Starbucks as they ran out of card cups one day so that was a nice bonus!

Also, the outlets… not really outlets anymore just regular stores. No deals like there used to be, I tend to not pack much as I know I’ll buy new clothes and shoes but nothing. I bought one pair of shoes and they were the same price as the U.K. no buy one get on half price or anything.

It’s just changed, I can’t explain it but Orlando is just not what it used to be and it’s such a shame! I hope in a few years they will recover from this but until then, I won’t be going back!
I can’t speak much for Orlando as I haven’t stayed there in a long time, I come up from Miami, but the whole of Florida is suffering from worker shortage at the moment it seems. You’ll notice “hiring now!” signs in every single store and restaurant, I’ve also noticed longer queues for pretty much everything. The shelves in the supermarkets are a lot better stocked than the UK though at least

I can’t speak much for Orlando as I haven’t stayed there in a long time, I come up from Miami, but the whole of Florida is suffering from worker shortage at the moment it seems. You’ll notice “hiring now!” signs in every single store and restaurant, I’ve also noticed longer queues for pretty much everything. The shelves in the supermarkets are a lot better stocked than the UK though at least
Yes! Everywhere bar the parks had signs! I walked into a restaurant and the host was asking every single person if they wanted or knew someone who needed a job and were offering incredible bonuses if they stay longer than 6 months! It was quite sad to see!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.