Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this isn’t allowed but does anyone know where I can get park-related candles from, please? I’m sure there was a U.K. site but I can only see US ones now? I was looking for ET.

Sorry if this isn’t allowed but does anyone know where I can get park-related candles from, please? I’m sure there was a U.K. site but I can only see US ones now? I was looking for ET.
I get mine from Etsy and maple and whiskey.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I was recommended ThemePrkCollection on Etsy recently and they do a really nice ET one

• Heart
Yes! Everywhere bar the parks had signs! I walked into a restaurant and the host was asking every single person if they wanted or knew someone who needed a job and were offering incredible bonuses if they stay longer than 6 months! It was quite sad to see!
It’s because people have been paid more during the pandemic on furlough so they ended up losing all their employees. Means they’ve had to start upping the wages and offering bonuses to get people back

Maple and Whisky ones are lovely. I have their wax melt advent calendar to try different scents and there are so many nice ones! I don’t think they have an ET themed one though.

• Heart
Anyone else had their holiday effectively cancelled since today’s news of no uk travellers to France? We are due to go to Paris Disney in January but looks like we won’t be :/ luckily hadn’t told the kids yet and hoping to get everything refunded

• Sad
Has anyone got a DLP trip booked? Booked first weekend of March but feel like it won’t happen now.

Has anyone got a DLP trip booked? Booked first weekend of March but feel like it won’t happen now.
Yup, I'm March too. That's well after the inevitable winter spike in cases so we might be OK. If not it'll be moved (again).

I really want to plan for 2023 but wouldn’t be surprised if the USA makes vaccine mandated for children as well

We haven't booked anything yet but aiming to go in Sept and hoping to god things are more normal then ;_;

We haven't booked anything yet but aiming to go in Sept and hoping to god things are more normal then ;_;
My completely unscientific, personal opinion is that we'll experience winter spikes for Covid just as we do now for flu. So booking outside the winter season would certainly be my best bet and I hope your trip is all good. Really hope I'm wrong though and life can go back to some kind of normal all year round. I've had enough of it now, as have most people I'm sure.

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend good hotels around Disneyland (California). There are loads but they all look really similar. Ideally want one walking distance to the parks and has a nice pool for afternoon breaks. Hoping for a lottery win so I can stay at the Disneyland Hotel but being realistic in the meantime!

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend good hotels around Disneyland (California). There are loads but they all look really similar. Ideally want one walking distance to the parks and has a nice pool for afternoon breaks. Hoping for a lottery win so I can stay at the Disneyland Hotel but being realistic in the meantime!
I watched Find Us In Paradise’s IG and they stayed at Hilton Anaheim I think it was and I’m sure it was really close by (like the hotel overlooked it almost). Someone better may come along though and have more info 🙂

I really want to plan for 2023 but wouldn’t be surprised if the USA makes vaccine mandated for children as well
Oh God, that's my worry. I'm supposed to be going in August. I'm already annoyed that this is the most expensive booking to date but with not only an inferior experience within the parks but I've gone from direct flights to indirect and a deluxe resort with DP/FP to a value resort with nothing and I'm still paying *over* the odds more.
I know everyone else is in the same boat, but it's frustrating!

Seconded Anaheim Hotel, apparently it’s as close as the Disney hotels. Also heard good things about Anaheim Sheraton and Disney Paradise Pier

Reactions: 2
The Howard Johnson is literally across the road, I’ve stayed at the Disneyland hotel and this was closer 😂

Reactions: 3
I am planning on taking my 8 year old son to Disneyland Paris this spring / summer. Does anyone know where I can get some information and recommendations? I use Instagram so any Disney influencers would be useful. Thank you x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.