Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Borders opening are 10 days too late for me! Supposed to go the 21st of October , if we knew what date in November it was open I could push it back a bit but if it doesn't open till say after the 10th its too late

• Sad
Reactions: 2
*RESISTS URGE TO BOOK*
*literally taking all my restraint* 😅😂

• Heart
Hey guys!
We’ve been to Orlando 8 times but everytime we have used Uber/taxis/ buses etc.

We will be going with my toddler so need a car this time. See if you say go to magic kingdom in the morning and leave in the afternoon to come back, would you have to pay again or is it like an all day parking pass?

Hey guys!

We will be going with my toddler so need a car this time. See if you say go to magic kingdom in the morning and leave in the afternoon to come back, would you have to pay again or is it like an all day parking pass?
From memory (2018), the parking slip they give you should last all day unless it's changed since then 😊

Hey guys!

It’s an all day parking pass, you can use the pass at other disney parks too. So if you parkhop you can use the pass for that day!

Reactions: 3
Just booked my flights to California! Doing San Francisco then LA/Universal/Disney.

Booked for end of November but a flexible booking so I can move things if I need to. Ahhhhh so excited.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Husband and I have been umming and ahhing about booking since the announcement .. we were meant to go in 2019 but then we had a surprise baby , then 2020 and the pandemic and now I am pregnant again 🤣

we are thinking of booking for October 2022 .. the baby in my belly is due in April and my son would be 2.5 … are we mental ? has anyone done Disney with a 6 month old baby and a toddler ?

Husband and I have been umming and ahhing about booking since the announcement .. we were meant to go in 2019 but then we had a surprise baby , then 2020 and the pandemic and now I am pregnant again 🤣

we are thinking of booking for October 2022 .. the baby in my belly is due in April and my son would be 2.5 … are we mental ? has anyone done Disney with a 6 month old baby and a toddler ?
it’s a lot ! Depending on how you feed your baby it’s the STUFF - bottles , milk,sterilizer etc, god forbid anything gets lost in transit ( all though , Of course you can buy stuff out there ) I did baby no 1 at 18months , it was fine , baby no 2 , got cocky and did a year ….didn’t go back to baby no 2 was 4 😂😂 we did however do a couple of DLP weekends and it was lovely, loaded the car with everything & stayed in the Disneyland hotel ( the big pink one over the gates ) we had a ground floor garden room, loads of space for the bigger one to toddle around in , we could pop back for nap times & swap over , the pool was great , think we only used it once & we had all the characters wandering the hotel , we literally bumped into Ana & Elsa in the lobby , whilst everyone else was queuing for 10 hours !

it’s a lot ! Depending on how you feed your baby it’s the STUFF - bottles , milk,sterilizer etc, god forbid anything gets lost in transit ( all though , Of course you can buy stuff out there ) I did baby no 1 at 18months , it was fine , baby no 2 , got cocky and did a year ….didn’t go back to baby no 2 was 4 😂😂 we did however do a couple of DLP weekends and it was lovely, loaded the car with everything & stayed in the Disneyland hotel ( the big pink one over the gates ) we had a ground floor garden room, loads of space for the bigger one to toddle around in , we could pop back for nap times & swap over , the pool was great , think we only used it once & we had all the characters wandering the hotel , we literally bumped into Ana & Elsa in the lobby , whilst everyone else was queuing for 10 hours !
My son was bottle fed , I’m hoping to breast feed this one but who knows … 😂😂

i think DLP might be a good place to start before we book Florida and just see how we get on ! I’m so nervous for the flight , for the heat , for the packing … for everything basically ! My son was such a good baby and would have probably been fine but god knows what baby 2 will be like !

it’s so hard , in 2018 childless hubby and I booked a trip that had to be cancelled now 3 years later we almost have 2 children 😅😅 … I just wish we’d got to do That one last trip !

Reactions: 1
Just booked New York - Orlando - carnival cruise to Mexico & the Caribbean - Galveston for December … can’t wait!!

Reactions: 6

i think DLP might be a good place to start before we book Florida and just see how we get on ! I’m so nervous for the flight , for the heat , for the packing … for everything basically ! My son was such a good baby and would have probably been fine but god knows what baby 2 will be like !

it’s so hard , in 2018 childless hubby and I booked a trip that had to be cancelled now 3 years later we almost have 2 children 😅😅 … I just wish we’d got to do That one last trip !
also planning on going with a 6month old and 3 year old next year, will be with family so that should take the pressure off!

Ahhh man! I feel you!! I think it honestly depends on the baby, baby 1 was a dream, literally lulled me into the false sense of security 😂 baby no2 brought me back down to earth with a BUMP! he hated everything , the sleeping, the heat , the time changes we couldn’t get on top of, we spent 2 weeks trying to not kill each other in the most magical place on earth- we can laugh about it now , but the fact there are about 2 pics of that entire trip says it all!! Perhaps as some else mentioned , do you have more family you can go with ? Spread the world load out ? I also think it helps if you have been before, that pressure to ‘ do everything’ is off a little , I think if you’re staying onsite, that will help loads too , you’re literally only a bus ride away from your room/pool etc x

• Haha
Ahhh man! I feel you!! I think it honestly depends on the baby, baby 1 was a dream, literally lulled me into the false sense of security 😂 baby no2 brought me back down to earth with a BUMP! he hated everything , the sleeping, the heat , the time changes we couldn’t get on top of, we spent 2 weeks trying to not kill each other in the most magical place on earth- we can laugh about it now , but the fact there are about 2 pics of that entire trip says it all!! Perhaps as some else mentioned , do you have more family you can go with ? Spread the world load out ? I also think it helps if you have been before, that pressure to ‘ do everything’ is off a little , I think if you’re staying onsite, that will help loads too , you’re literally only a bus ride away from your room/pool etc x
My MIL definitely would be … it’s just a case of whether I can stand to be with her for 2 weeks 😂😂

We're actually booked to go WDW on the 6th November, my mental health has taken a downward spiral and right now I really want to put it off until next year to give myself a chance to get better. My partner is desperate to go claiming it's better to go now when there's fewer people. Do people think November 2022 will be rammed?

We're actually booked to go WDW on the 6th November, my mental health has taken a downward spiral and right now I really want to put it off until next year to give myself a chance to get better. My partner is desperate to go claiming it's better to go now when there's fewer people. Do people think November 2022 will be rammed?
I went November 2019 and the crowd levels were higher than usual, but still not crazy busy, I’ve rebooked for November 2022 and hoping most who wish to go for 50th anniversary would have by then.

I was hoping the 50th anniversary would go through to April 2023 but seems like it’s going to end at the end of March. Gutted as the cheerleading worlds are the end of April and I’d hoped to catch the end of the anniversary at the same time. This April coming is just too soon for me to commit to it.

I think November this year might be busier. If the borders do open at the start of November, I think a lot of Disney vloggers will be heading over there as well as plenty of UK families. Tack on the fact you're only 1 month into the anniversary and I think maybe 2022 is a better option.
There's also the fact that it seems Genie is going to be rolled out towards the end of October which could make planning/touring even more difficult than normal - and that's assuming that it's even fully functional upon launch.
I'd go in 2022.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.