Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am planning on taking my 8 year old son to Disneyland Paris this spring / summer. Does anyone know where I can get some information and recommendations? I use Instagram so any Disney influencers would be useful. Thank you x
Sam4g0d seems to be there every other week so check her channel out!

Reactions: 1
I am planning on taking my 8 year old son to Disneyland Paris this spring / summer. Does anyone know where I can get some information and recommendations? I use Instagram so any Disney influencers would be useful. Thank you x
So Helena and Martin went recently. They're my personal top picks for DLP, they're genuine fans who really love the parks and they do informative vlogs.

Tattle favourites Mr David and Mr Ian also went recently but it was in the middle of their house move so they didn't do as much as they'd normally do on a DLP trip (they were knackered, bless them) but their vlogs are still definitely worth a watch.

So Helena and Martin went recently. They're my personal top picks for DLP, they're genuine fans who really love the parks and they do informative vlogs.

Tattle favourites Mr David and Mr Ian also went recently but it was in the middle of their house move so they didn't do as much as they'd normally do on a DLP trip (they were knackered, bless them) but their vlogs are still definitely worth a watch.
I like Mr David and Mr Ian but sometimes their sexual innuendos get a bit grating… they somehow can make the slightest thing sexual! Haha

if you book through Disney Paris website they’ll include your park tickets with your accommodation. (Atm breakfast is charged as an extra)

We’ve been many times and our favourite (cheapest) way to book the holiday is to go to the explorers hotel (not under the Disney chain but it is just as close, you get the Disney shuttle buses in, huge pool and huge soft play, still Disney enough without being an official Disney hotel, all pirate theme) and then buy annual passes (look to see what dates are available as depending on what pass you get will depend what days are available).

so we go through websites like travel republic or Trivago to book hotel and flights then buy the annual passes on top. Much cheaper but getting the passes is a bit of a faff. Or you could buy day tickets but they are expensive.

Can anyone recommend good hotels around Disneyland (California). There are loads but they all look really similar. Ideally want one walking distance to the parks and has a nice pool for afternoon breaks. Hoping for a lottery win so I can stay at the Disneyland Hotel but being realistic in the meantime!
We stayed at the Tropicana Inn and Suites in June 2019, it was nothing fancy but the rooms has been redecorated. It was basic, clean and comfortable for me, husband and 6 year old for three nights. It was a great location, didn't use the pool sorry, too busy enjoying the parks. 😊

Has anyone been to the Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney parks? Have booked a cruise later this year from Tokyo to Hong Kong. (This time with a 9 year old and 2 year old - i know wtf am i thinking 😂)
How many days do we need for Tokyo disney and disney sea? Would you recommend staying close by or will the train be ok from maybe Shinjuku or shibuya? (I do appreciate how massive Tokyo is!)

HK isn’t that big I think? One day should be enough?
We’ve done florida quite a few times, so its more about just getting a flavour, than hitting every ride/attraction.

I think I’m being massively over optimistic about actually getting to asia in the first place with covid anyway. But we will give it a try 😊

Can anyone recommend good hotels around Disneyland (California). There are loads but they all look really similar. Ideally want one walking distance to the parks and has a nice pool for afternoon breaks. Hoping for a lottery win so I can stay at the Disneyland Hotel but being realistic in the meantime!
Howard Johnson if you want a bargain (ask to stay in a refurbished room). I timed my walk when I went in December. 12 minutes door to park gate 😊

Or Paradise Pier if you want to spend more/be at a Disney hotel 👍

Has anyone been to Disney Paris in the last few months? We’re going in March after postponing twice due to covid rules. Is there much encanto stuff about?

Does anyone think the Princess and the Frog ride will be done by Christmas?
I think its been scrapped altogether. Could be wrong but i havent heard anything about it since the orginal plans

Has anyone been to Disney Paris in the last few months? We’re going in March after postponing twice due to covid rules. Is there much encanto stuff about?
We've been end of November and we saw some Encanto merch! I think the loungefly, a Maribel doll and some other stuff. Not sure which store it was though, maybe try searching DLP Report on Twitter?

Reactions: 2
Does anyone think the Princess and the Frog ride will be done by Christmas?
They haven’t started it yet, wouldn’t be surprised until the Tron ride opens (whenever that is 😂) and close it then

Think we are going to book for September 🥳 first 2 weeks. I’m very excited already.

Does anyone know if a 14 year old needs vaccinated for DLP? I’m fully vaccinated but my daughter hasn’t had any, can we still go? 😵💫

Think we are going to book for September 🥳 first 2 weeks. I’m very excited already.
We’ve booked for next year - really excited!!

keep reading all these genie+ reviews, I will end up paying for it but I resent it

We’ve booked for next year - really excited!!

keep reading all these genie+ reviews, I will end up paying for it but I resent it
Yeah I’ve read mixed things, we do seem to get a discount when buying tickets direct through disney in the uk though so that’s a plus at least. They announced 3 more rides were coming off LL and being added to genie + last night too so that should make it easier to get return times (frozen, space and runaway railway).

Does anyone know if a 14 year old needs vaccinated for DLP? I’m fully vaccinated but my daughter hasn’t had any, can we still go? 😵💫
Yes, they need to be. You can check the website they explain everything very clear. I believe children 12 years and older need to be fully vaccinated.

Has anyone been to WDW since the boarders reopened and stayed on site? I’ve always stayed onsite and had the dining plan, when I go in November we’ve got $850 for two of us and just wondering how anyone is getting on without the dining plan.

I fully understand I won’t be doing 6-7 character meals like I have done previously but interested to see how people are getting on.

Has anyone been to WDW since the boarders reopened and stayed on site? I’ve always stayed onsite and had the dining plan, when I go in November we’ve got $850 for two of us and just wondering how anyone is getting on without the dining plan.

I fully understand I won’t be doing 6-7 character meals like I have done previously but interested to see how people are getting on.
Me. Do you have any specific questions?

Me too; we stayed at ASM back in November and mostly used quick service. We wanted to try the dining plan at some point but there’s only the two of us sometimes we only have one meal a day with a snack as it’s so hot 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.