Disney In Detail #15 Doesn’t like sugar, doesn’t eat meat, just give her a Wendy’s and a doughnut to eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just wondering how she’s going to be able to do it all. We often hear how she’s so busy editing videos on her two channels, running her social medias, her Patreon and whatever secret money making side hustle she has. She’s also in Florida just about every other month. When will she find the time to help her clients?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No Instagram posts since the 20th
It’s been incredibly hot recently in Orlando- I bet she’s not posting because her layers and layers of makeup must be sliding off her face. There’s no way, any normal WDW visitor would walk round the parks with all that makeup and not expect it to drip off in 100 degree+ heat.
I also don’t think she did the 4 park ‘challenge’. If she had, she’d of been boasting about it by now

Reactions: 9
It’s been incredibly hot recently in Orlando- I bet she’s not posting because her layers and layers of makeup must be sliding off her face. There’s no way, any normal WDW visitor would walk round the parks with all that makeup and not expect it to drip off in 100 degree+ heat.
I also don’t think she did the 4 park ‘challenge’. If she had, she’d of been boasting about it by now
tumblr_inline_n4dudqWyuM1suifi0-e1475500196154.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Probably been sat her in hotel room trying to stick together a weeks worth of clips to make it look like it was all done in the one day and she completed the 4 park challenge!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Disney vlogger jojo Crichton is awful for that. He does hour long videos of filler, even his latest one is 2 hours. No wonder he has 1.5 million subscribers, but only gets 15k to 20k views per video
Looking at the viewer numbers compared to subscribers it's rather suspicious.. With 1.5m subscribers his view numbers should be at least 300K+...

Reactions: 2
Yeah the points doesn't make sense. You don't earn much flying economy, and even premium cabins can take several trips to build up enough for long haul flights.

She would have to be spending many 10s of thousands on her credit card
I have had the virgin credit card, the Barclaycard Avios Basic (downgraded from premium) and BA Amex. I also have the amex platinum (charge) and have in the past had the Marriot and the Amex Gold.

Everyone has an insane APR. These are not cards that you want to keep a balance on.

Let's do a bit of a deep dive specifically on the Virgin Card.

Cost: £160 PA ( No pro rata cancellation)
Bonus for Joining: 18,000 Virgin Points. (I'm unsure how many times you can get the bonus - if it's a 2-year no-card requirement like Amex or a once-in-a-lifetime deal).
Reward: 10,000 spend a year - you can either get an upgrade voucher or a companion voucher. Virgin differs from BA in the sense that you can upgrade a cash ticket. Companion tickets do have limits if you are in Virgin Red but not Virgin Silver (which Vick likely is)
You earn 1.5 x points for spend and 3 x virgin spend.
You can only earn up to your spending limit even if you pay it off - so if you have a 3k a month spending limit you will only be able to earn 4500.

Unless she has several cards i don't think she is doing all this through reward cards.. we had just enough for companion premium economy for free when we paid cash for my partner's premium economy seat. I don't think she is earning enough for Amex and I've never seen her use the lounge at Heathrow.. I think even if she had the gold she would make use of the 2x lounge visits a year.

Virgin does have quite generous point earning in premium economy - so maybe its a combination of both. But it is actually work to effectively manage credit card churning, determining what cards are valuable what aren't. SoI dont think she would
How original!
Remember when Adam Hattan tried to do this and quickly gave up?
And Danny Dalimore just started.

I cant see why anyone would use them? How hard is it to book a Disney trip? All you need is flights, hotels and park tickets, so many packages exist that even the thickest of people can do it.

A travel agent would also have a good feel for what to do around the area, she only knows Kennedy Space Centre

Also, how is this going to work when she is an affiliate for disneyholidays.co.uk ?

It depends - is it UK style or US Style?

Travel agents in the states can get some really good deals and they are expected to do all the work - book dining when fast passes were a thing log on and book them, and arrange transport.

I didn't use Virgin First Mate for our Virgin Cruise and I'm regretting it because they can get you up to $600 onboard credit - not possible to add one now as we have a guaranteed room.

I can't see her doing the actual level of expected work - its only going to take one family of 4 staying at the poly who complain that she prevented them eating at Ohana and CRT because she didn't bother booking them in on time.. before they drop her. Not worth it to them to lose a 15,000 client, for free advertising on her Instagram.
---
I watch a lot of anti mlm content.

Adventures by you - are 1000 percent an MLM and not only that it looks like a shady one.

1) You have to buy a starter pack.
2) You have to pay a monthly admin fee to keep your website going.
3) you have mandatory training (ie brainwashing)

On their site, they state that you are not in a network marketing scheme as a travel agent. But you can become an affiliate ( and they downplay it as a refer-a-friend). Which is network marketing. This is likely where you make the most 'bonuses'

The thing that concerns me most is there is no income disclosure statement, and no disclosure of what points 'when you refer' actually gets you.

Honestly, it was only a matter of time before she got sucked into one of these. I'd be concerned that she was going to sink all her money into this waste of time but its only going to take her upline one time telling her to push herself, does she really want this - before she gives up anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Do you remember during covid how stressed out she got having to rebook her trips and complained about how much time it takes?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Same, booked a trip in-store with Virgin last week, walked back to the car and realised that the flights had been booked for this September and the hotels for next September (which is when we actually want to go). All 3 staff in the branch couldn't understand what the problem was when we went back in 🙄 Would have booked it myself online but we wanted to do a split stay between Disney and Universal and it was blocking me from doing it online. Hate to think how bad this new "venture" is going to be.
The BA Custom Trip tool is a lifesaver for avoiding incompetance when booking split stays etc!

The BA Custom Trip tool is a lifesaver for avoiding incompetance when booking split stays etc!
And BA has more hotels available than these MLM agencies. The one the lodge pricks were attached to (began with an I!) had only budget chain hotels and the prices were not any better than what you’d get booking direct and joining the loyalty program. Any fool who uses these will be booked into some bland chain, possibly in a dodgy area. I do suspect though that if you contact them for a quote, they will convince you to join as an agent to get access to the “great rates” yourself. You’d be told to book your own holiday and recruit others to do the same. Ade and Lisa 🤮 are already at the US style “meet us for coffee to know more” They don’t want to sell a holiday, they want to recruit suckers.

Reactions: 7
The BA App is absolute garbage though. Always book through the website because its so easy to make a mistake on the app if it glitches or something.

The BA App is absolute garbage though. Always book through the website because its so easy to make a mistake on the app if it glitches or something.
Oh 100% it's terrible, and so is the website some of the time! Still put up with it to bypass the call centre's ineptitude though!

If I'm staying on Disney I'll usually book direct and then flights with the airline.

If it's a non Disney trip then it's usually direct with airlines and then hotels via Expedia or sometimes direct with hotels. The only downside to this sometimes you have to pay in full.

Done some BA holidays packages, once for new york I got a ridiculously good deal.

Booked via an agency once in the last 15 years.

I sure as hell wouldn't book via some random Disney adult influencer with no experience and an amateur looking website

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.