Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those are my favourites they definitely popped up in a multipack a couple years ago (it also had a strawberry shortbread one in there, and something else). Whenever I see them I buy loads!
These came back out when I was pregnant a few years ago and it made my life - so sad but I always hoped they’d come back since I was a teenager

impulse zen body spray is the smell of my early teens, I wonder if it’s still available

pina colada frys chocolate cream - I sometimes wonder if i imagined these. Used to spend all my wage when I worked in the paper shop eating these, they were delicious

We had MTV europe too when we got cable, I loved it. Otherwise it was VH1 or The Box for music channels 😂 .MTV uk was just trashy tv wasn’t it, no music at all!
Does anyone remember rapture tv on cable? Used to show a lot of skiing and snowboarding but every few hours played music mtv style and was always really good house and dance music

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I put fruit flavoured polos on here a while back but have since come across them in the pound shop.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Care bear bars i think they were orange flavour inside, he-man choc & carmel bars, scribblers ice pops in pencil shape, golly bar ice cream, and panky bars i think thats what they were called square wafer covered in chocolate covered in silver foil type wrapper & blue paper wrapper. Golf balls bubble gum, Angel delight sums up my 80s childhood!

Reactions: 2
When I was 10,maybe 11 I used to use these to dye the front of my blonde hair ginger - think geri halliwell but in reverse 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I absolutely loved it! And hair mascara which I used to match to my lime and navy Adidas galaxy trainers 😂😂

Wispa mint 🤤🤤🤤
Mint feasts
Cadbury astros
Cadbury tasters
Champagne crunchie
Mcvities chocolate and Hazelnut Boasters - the BEST biscuits ever!!

Jlo Miami Glow perfume 😍

I used to eat a big bag each night when I was pregnant 😍🤤 they were the best crisp!
Hair mascara 😂I used to run my wand of blue hair mascara all through my blonde hair. What was I thinking 😭 then as my hair got darker, I bought an awful yellowy blonde hair mascara to give myself highlights...

Also it may not be discontinued but for obvious reasons I don't look for it anymore😆 however did anyone used to buy spray on glitter hair spray? I'd spray a load over my hair just in time for the school disco! I dread to think what could have happened if I walked past a naked flame haha

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Avon 'Pretty Peach' perfume and talc.

I feel every young girl should have it as a right of passage. I remember it being the first thing my Mum bought me from the Avon catalogue when I was little.
Oh my gosh, I could smell it just reading your post. The lovely peach bottle top 🍑

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bar Six - always preferred them over Kit Kats
Prize Bar
Ice Breaker
Smith's Crisps (with the little blue bag of salt)
They still make these, but they’re Walkers brand 👍🏻

And all this talk of Wella shaders and toners and hair mascara! Ha! I can still smell that hair mascara 😂

Can you imagine 12 year olds rocking hair mascara these days? Not a chance, they all have perfectly preened eyebrows and immaculate GHD-curls

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I still dream about those Boasters, so bloody good!!!!
I don't often eat biscuits so I don't know when they were discontinued but when I realised I full on fumed for days 😂

They still make these, but they’re Walkers brand 👍🏻

And all this talk of Wella shaders and toners and hair mascara! Ha! I can still smell that hair mascara 😂

Can you imagine 12 year olds rocking hair mascara these days? Not a chance, they all have perfectly preened eyebrows and immaculate GHD-curls
Thankfully my 12 year old isn't like that, she likes to straighten her beautiful curls 😩 luckily her school headteacher stands at the school gates with makeup wipes so nobody really wears it in her school 💪🏻

• Haha
Care bear bars i think they were orange flavour inside, he-man choc & carmel bars, scribblers ice pops in pencil shape, golly bar ice cream, and panky bars i think thats what they were called square wafer covered in chocolate covered in silver foil type wrapper & blue paper wrapper. Golf balls bubble gum, Angel delight sums up my 80s childhood!
Ah, the 80s. I used to go to Brownies on a Wednesday night. My aunt used to pick me up afterwards and give me 50p to spend in the local shop.
Out of that 50p I got: a 20p fizzy drink, a 10p packet of crisps, a 10p bar (Smiley, Klipso, Wham, Macaroon, etc) a 5p strawberry Pink Panther bar and either 5 penny sweets or 5 penny golf balls.

Can you imagine sending a poor kid to the shop these days and giving them 50p! 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Years and years ago there was a har thing by Steiners (I think it was that make) memory faces.😏itvwas a little spray of grey ypu sprayed over your newly bleached blonde heart and it turned to ash blonde,loved it..on,y lasted the evening or so..Mum usedvto moan about pillow cases.🤣

I don't often eat biscuits so I don't know when they were discontinued but when I realised I full on fumed for days 😂

Thankfully my 12 year old isn't like that, she likes to straighten her beautiful curls 😩 luckily her school headteacher stands at the school gates with makeup wipes so nobody really wears it in her school 💪🏻
Wow, never? I see some kids from my old high school with huge false eyelashes on - we couldn’t even wear tinted lip balm back in the day 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Secret chocolate bars ... they were like a delicate cage of chocolate around a chocolate mousse.
And years and years ago, in the 80s they had cheese flavoured hula hoops, not cheese and onion. I can still remember the taste.

• Heart
Secret chocolate bars ... they were like a delicate cage of chocolate around a chocolate mousse.
And years and years ago, in the 80s they had cheese flavoured hula hoops, not cheese and onion. I can still remember the taste.
For some reason it’s stuck in my head that I once asked my mother for a Secret in a shop when I was kid, but she wouldn’t buy it for me cause 45p was too much for a chocolate bar 😂

Spira chocolate
Heinz baked bean pizza
Sour chewits
Flake snow - the chocolate anthea Turner posed with on her wedding 👰
Irn Bru Bars
Smirnoff Ice Black
Bacardi Breezer
Mother’s pride bread

MAC Cosmetics Paint pigments
MAC. Hyper real foundation

Perfumes I used to love...
Estée Lauder Sensuous noir
Clarins Sunshine fragrance
Anna Sui Anna Sui Perfume
Tropical Punch Escada
Beautiful Sheer Estée Lauder
Sensi Giorgio Armani
Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier
Jo Malone Vanilla and anise
Glamourous Ralph Lauren
Are you '90s scottish by any chance? Massive feel similar to this

A large tin of quality street. What you get now is meagre pickings to the large annual tin my nan would buy us in the late 80s.

There were these really nice Refreshers, Hubba Bubba, etc cans of fizzy drink which were out really briefly. I'm pretty sure the Hubba Bubbas came in clear cans.
I'm nearly sure I saw this in the garage near my house recently! I wasn't brave enough to try it.

The large dream bars from b and m.. I bought one 2 weeks ago it was €5 and it wasn't great. Its from Australia.

I hate Mars bars, but I'd give my left arm to have another Mars Delight. It was the complete opposite of a normal Mars bar - heavy and extremely sweet. It was light, kind of like a Kinder Bueno but with thicker chocolate around it. There was 2 small bars in a packet, instead of one big bar.

The official description on the wrapper was "Milk chocolate with a rippled wafer surrounded by caramel cream and chocolate cream”.

I can actually feel this in my mouth right now 😋 I definitely saw some a while back on amazon or something, I think they were from UAE but you had to buy a fairly large box.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember in Woolworths they had little mini cans of juice at the pick n mix? They used to do a mr blobby can and I’m sure it was pink lemonade or bubblegum? It was amazing 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.