Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd kill for a bottle of Monsoon perfume from the 90s. Used to absolutely love it when I was in school. My friend and I bought a bottle which we shared.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'd kill for a bottle of Monsoon perfume from the 90s. Used to absolutely love it when I was in school. My friend and I bought a bottle which we shared.
You've just inspired me to look up an old perfume I used to love to see if it was still available, 'Oscar De La Renta' and it is!!

I also looked to see if Cacharel still did their old favourites 'Anais Anais', 'Eden' and 'LouLou' and they're still going too!. Can't believe I used to wear them. They are so strong.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You've just inspired me to look up an old perfume I used to love to see if it was still available, 'Oscar De La Renta' and it is!!

I also looked to see if Cacharel still did their old favourites 'Anais Anais', 'Eden' and 'LouLou' and they're still going too!. Can't believe I used to wear them. They are so strong.
I HATE LouLou. Back in the early 00s, I used to work with someone who wore it. She was a nasty piece of work, a real bully and I always associate her with that perfume.

loved New West by Aramis. Only seem to be able to get it in the USA and price seems to have rocketed

There used to be a dark chocolate bar called Bitz. It was available in orange or mint. The mint one was amazing! It was a really thin bar with shards of green mint through it. Have no idea who made it but it was absolutely delicious. Available in the mid 80s for a few years then just vanished.....

Reactions: 2
I had all three but cool spell was by far my favourite. I even had the cd thing with little capsules of perfume in it. I binned all my bottles when I changed bedrooms as a teenager, thinking I was too old for them then. Man, I regret doing that so much 😣
You have just unlocked a childhood memory, I cant even recall what it smelled like.

It’s already been said by Cadbury’s Spira.

A bit more obscure but I used to work in a hairdressers and they had this black and white shampoo by a company called Lamar. It smelt amazing!

Reactions: 1

My mum and nanna wear Anais Anais, such a comforting scent for me. I bought my friend a bottle of LouLou for the nostalgia and it takes me right back to the days of Metz and Smirnoff Ice and going out to pubs at 14.

There used to be a dark chocolate bar called Bitz. It was available in orange or mint. The mint one was amazing! It was a really thin bar with shards of green mint through it. Have no idea who made it but it was absolutely delicious. Available in the mid 80s for a few years then just vanished.....
I don't remember that (I was born in 1979 so quite young in the 80s) but I just had a quick google and apparently it was by Terry, who were Kraft up until a few years ago, but have now been taken over by Mondelez, so even it if did still exist today, it probably wouldn't be very nice anyway.

Reactions: 3
Snack'a'Jacks Salt & Vinegar Popcorn

They were only sold briefly back in 2008 but I think about it often as it tasted so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My mum and nanna wear Anais Anais, such a comforting scent for me. I bought my friend a bottle of LouLou for the nostalgia and it takes me right back to the days of Metz and Smirnoff Ice and going out to pubs at 14.

Anais Anais was my first perfume I think.

I couldn't wear LouLou now. I made the mistake of having a quick squirt of it for old times sake when I was in an airport duty free before boarding a plane a few years ago. Big mistake. Absolutely stunk the plane out!!

Can't believe they're all still going tbh.

• Heart
Revlon used to do a shampoo and conditioner. . Think it was called FLEX?
It seemed fairly luxurious in the 80s . .
I remember it smelling divine and being perfect for my unruly curly hair!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There was a maybelline mascara called sky high curves in a light blue tube I used to wear when I was still at school that was discontinued, have never found a better mascara since and it’s been about 15 years 😭

Avon 'Pretty Peach' perfume and talc.

I feel every young girl should have it as a right of passage. I remember it being the first thing my Mum bought me from the Avon catalogue when I was little.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Shaders were so cool! And then they had toners too. A girl I worked with briefly won a competition to be the "face" of shaders and toners - they basically took a photo of her and badly photoshopped different colour hair on her on the boxes that the sachets sat in on the shelf 🙈🤣

That's reminded me of Wells Colourmouse - now that was what all the cool girls used on their hair, especially the mahogany & red shades
When I was 10,maybe 11 I used to use these to dye the front of my blonde hair ginger - think geri halliwell but in reverse 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I absolutely loved it! And hair mascara which I used to match to my lime and navy Adidas galaxy trainers 😂😂

Wispa mint 🤤🤤🤤
Mint feasts
Cadbury astros
Cadbury tasters
Champagne crunchie
Mcvities chocolate and Hazelnut Boasters - the BEST biscuits ever!!

Jlo Miami Glow perfume 😍

I would pay good money for a packet of Walkers Sensations Lamb & Mint crisps. Bloody loved them!
I used to eat a big bag each night when I was pregnant 😍🤤 they were the best crisp!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
When I was 10,maybe 11 I used to use these to dye the front of my blonde hair ginger - think geri halliwell but in reverse 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I absolutely loved it! And hair mascara which I used to match to my lime and navy Adidas galaxy trainers 😂😂

Wispa mint 🤤🤤🤤
Mint feasts
Cadbury astros
Cadbury tasters
Champagne crunchie
Mcvities chocolate and Hazelnut Boasters - the BEST biscuits ever!!

Jlo Miami Glow perfume 😍

I used to eat a big bag each night when I was pregnant 😍🤤 they were the best crisp!
I still dream about those Boasters, so bloody good!!!!

Bar Six - always preferred them over Kit Kats
Prize Bar
Ice Breaker
Smith's Crisps (with the little blue bag of salt)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.