Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha, omg yes! Bathrooms were so much fun, do kids even do this tit anymore? I used to make ~*magic*~ pastes out of my mother’s talcum powder and water 🤷🏻‍♀️

And I used to think my mother’s shampoo for “dry hair” was literally for dry hair, so I’d use it just standing at the sink with no water, then traipse back downstairs asking my mother what I’d done wrong 😂
I used to make pastes like that, too! - and ”rose water” from rose petals in the garden. It went quite cloudy and manky, always a disappointment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to make pastes like that, too! - and ”rose water” from rose petals in the garden. It went quite cloudy and manky, always a disappointmen.
Seconded for making paste 😂 I also would always make “bonfires” out of dried twigs and stuff but I’d never actually light them (not a pyromaniac I promise!) Also used to try and “smoke” actual grass in a rolled up bit of paper. I wonder if kids still do weird tit like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Seconded for making paste 😂 I also would always make “bonfires” out of dried twigs and stuff but I’d never actually light them (not a pyromaniac I promise!) Also used to try and “smoke” actual grass in a rolled up bit of paper. I wonder if kids still do weird tit like that.
Haha I did all the above! But I defo did light the twigs. I was such a pyromaniac as a child)

I'd kill for a bottle of Monsoon perfume from the 90s. Used to absolutely love it when I was in school. My friend and I bought a bottle which we shared.
Ohh I loved this too 😍😍
I’ve only just discovered this thread and I haven’t read back very far so apologies if I’m repeating what others have said.

I used to love
The Body Shops “White Musk Too”
Cadbury’s Tasters
Boots used to do a “Spa” range in the 90’s that smelled amazing. Everything was a greeny/blue
Boots also did a fab leave in conditioner spray, I can’t remember the scent but they discontinued it
Linco Beer Shampoo & Conditioner - Superdrug used to sell it but they don’t anymore

Reactions: 4
Oh my gosh me too, I always wanted to eat them as well 😂 Also the weird squishy bath Pearl things they used to sell and I’m sure it was like pick n mix you could scoop them out of a container. I always bought them but never actually had baths so ended up bursting them or just dissolving them under a tap “to see what would happen”. I was a weird child😂
I used to pop bath pearls and squirt the liquid out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I used to make pastes like that, too! - and ”rose water” from rose petals in the garden. It went quite cloudy and manky, always a disappointment.
I also did the rose water! And then I would try to sell it to the neighbours telling them it was perfume 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Life before wokism and twatter I would like back

Lynx oriental , the purple one , I just want to have a smell to remind me of my youth, Africa is an old classic so why get rid of the other old classic Oriental :unsure:

Reactions: 4
Boots also did a fab leave in conditioner spray, I can’t remember the scent but they discontinued it
Funny how things come back to you after so many years - you’ve just reminded me that my friends and I used to rave over a conditioner spray from Boots in the 90s. Was their own basic haircare line, it smelled amazing

Reactions: 1
I distinctively remember an Ice Cream from around the same time that I was a Toddler that was football boot shaped. It also had a football themed bubblegum as well.

Funny how things come back to you after so many years - you’ve just reminded me that my friends and I used to rave over a conditioner spray from Boots in the 90s. Was their own basic haircare line, it smelled amazing
Yes that’s the one, I think it was in a blue bottle. I can’t remember the scent but I know I really loved the smell ☺

Blue bottle, must be the same one - I can usually remember scents of things from my past but this one is a mystery for me too!

Secret chocolate bars ... they were like a delicate cage of chocolate around a chocolate mousse.
And years and years ago, in the 80s they had cheese flavoured hula hoops, not cheese and onion. I can still remember the taste.
I loved Secrets. My then husband said he was popping to the shops and do I want anything. I said yes please a secret. He bought back a Mars and when I said oh that's not a secret he had a hissy and said well I don't know what you want do I??? He thought I meant a surprise 😁

I would love Aquamada, Aquacitra and Coty wild musk oil to come back.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I keep remembering more things 😄
My husband got a Soap and Glory gift set for Christmas a few years ago. The body spray was amazing so I used to buy it all the time for him but it’s discontinued now 😭

used to keep this spray in my school bag (took me ages to remember what it was called) and I remember my friend spraying into her mouth because we’d been smoking. I’d have rather got caught that spray that anywhere near my mouth!
110DFE4D-E851-482E-91C1-9019C1E34FC9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I keep remembering more things 😄
My husband got a Soap and Glory gift set for Christmas a few years ago. The body spray was amazing so I used to buy it all the time for him but it’s discontinued now 😭
I‘ve seen a few people go on about men’s soap and glory stuff, I’m annoyed I never got to smell it, bloody love the women’s range

Does anyone remember chocolate rich tea biscuits? I always preferred them over chocolate digestives.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.