Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember in Woolworths they had little mini cans of juice at the pick n mix? They used to do a mr blobby can and I’m sure it was pink lemonade or bubblegum? It was amazing 😂
Yes I loved those little cans!

Reactions: 3
In the 90s or early 00s there were these black velvet headbands you could get with your name written on it with a white bubble pen(?) and sequins. I'm not sure if they were from Claire's or somewhere local. They smelled really nice in a "new carpet" kind of way . I think I ended up picking the white writing off of my one!

Reactions: 14
Mcdonalds used to do deli sandwiches before the wraps and the sweet chilli chicken one was amazing. So much better than the wraps

Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember in Woolworths they had little mini cans of juice at the pick n mix? They used to do a mr blobby can and I’m sure it was pink lemonade or bubblegum? It was amazing 😂
You’ve just unlocked a memory I had forgotten existed!

460C46B1-748F-4010-8323-DF34501D21CE.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
In the 90s or early 00s there were these black velvet headbands you could get with your name written on it with a white bubble pen(?) and sequins. I'm not sure if they were from Claire's or somewhere local. They smelled really nice in a "new carpet" kind of way . I think I ended up picking the white writing off of my one!
Yep, it was like a gel almost rubbery writing wasn’t it? I can still smell those headbands when I think of them. So many girls in primary school had them. I think you could have some sort of design like butterflies as-well as the name.

Reactions: 2
Yep, it was like a gel almost rubbery writing wasn’t it? I can still smell those headbands when I think of them. So many girls in primary school had them. I think you could have some sort of design like butterflies as-well as the name.
I always wanted one! But nowhere did my name

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Burton’s Potato Puffs! I LOVED those little crisps!
My husband loved those! They were the only crisp type snack he would eat. Even now he still asks me to get him a bag if I see them even though I’ve been telling him for years they’re not made anymore🙄

Tribe perfume. Cheap and a gorgeous tropical scent.
Miss Selfridge ‘kiss and make up’ range. Packaging was lovely and nail varnish long lasting.
Boots Natural Collection smellies (maybe it is still around but haven’t seen it due to Soap and Glory blanket coverage)
Bay Trading- loved their clothes and was cheaper than River Island etc without being Quiz level of tackiness
Chicken Tikka flavour hula hoops- early/mid 90s limited edition and they were fit

You’ve just unlocked a memory I had forgotten existed!

View attachment 480031
Omg same! I always got this when I got a Woolies voucher and had 10 or 20p left on it

Miss Selfridge ‘kiss and make up’ range. Packaging was lovely and nail varnish long lasting.
Boots Natural Collection smellies (maybe it is still around but haven’t seen it due to Soap and Glory blanket coverage)
I loved Miss Selfridge lipstick as a teenager.
I wore a lot of Natural Collection make up, until a couple of years ago when the stopped selling it in my local Boots.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I absolutely did not just sign a petition to bring back Micro Noodles... nope... not me 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I remember back in 2002 (i remember the year as it was the world cup and i was in year 11 doing my GCSE's) Mcdonalds used to do a Ham and Cheese flat bread thing. It was amazing!!!

• Wow
Oh man, natural collection! I used to stand for ages looking at everything, this was back in the early 90s when I was 5 or 6. I loved everything but the vanilla or dewberry scent stands out as particular faves of mine.

While we’re at it, The Body Shop’s little soaps that were shaped like fruits. Honest to god, I can still remember the smell of them as if they were in my hands right now.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh man, natural collection! I used to stand for ages looking at everything, this was back in the early 90s when I was 5 or 6. I loved everything but the vanilla or dewberry scent stands out as particular faves of mine.

While we’re at it, The Body Shop’s little soaps that were shaped like fruits. Honest to god, I can still remember the smell of them as if they were in my hands right now.
Oh my gosh me too, I always wanted to eat them as well 😂 Also the weird squishy bath Pearl things they used to sell and I’m sure it was like pick n mix you could scoop them out of a container. I always bought them but never actually had baths so ended up bursting them or just dissolving them under a tap “to see what would happen”. I was a weird child😂

Reactions: 11

As a teenager I had an entire shelf full of soaps like that. Animals, fruits etc. Loads of the things. They attracted a lot of dust!

Reactions: 6
Oh my gosh me too, I always wanted to eat them as well 😂 Also the weird squishy bath Pearl things they used to sell and I’m sure it was like pick n mix you could scoop them out of a container. I always bought them but never actually had baths so ended up bursting them or just dissolving them under a tap “to see what would happen”. I was a weird child😂
Ha, omg yes! Bathrooms were so much fun, do kids even do this tit anymore? I used to make ~*magic*~ pastes out of my mother’s talcum powder and water 🤷🏻‍♀️

And I used to think my mother’s shampoo for “dry hair” was literally for dry hair, so I’d use it just standing at the sink with no water, then traipse back downstairs asking my mother what I’d done wrong 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.