Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The people who mentioned Fuse bars and milkybar choos, there is a uk website called mental munchies. They've got some on there. Not sure if they'll taste the same as the fuse bars are from India, but the choos are very popular!!

Reactions: 3
Ice cream Chewits
Cadbury Marble
Tango sour chewy sweets... the apple ones were incredible
The old 90s recipe of Refreshers (the round fizzy ones, not the chewy bar)
Riesen, although Lidl do a great version

I am still outraged that the Galaxy Truffle got replaced with a bloody Twix (a glorified biscuit!!) in Celebrations.

Also... Fairy have ‘improved’ their Original scent and it’s so sweet it makes me feel a bit sick. It used to be fresh and clean smelling, now it smells like cheap squash.

Reactions: 5
Ice cold melonade in the summer :love: :love: I miss u xx
1613697715933.png

Ice cream Chewits
Cadbury Marble

I am still outraged that the Galaxy Truffle got replaced with a bloody Twix (a glorified biscuit!!) in Celebrations.

Also... Fairy have ‘improved’ their Original scent and it’s so sweet it makes me feel a bit sick. It used to be fresh and clean smelling, now it smells like cheap squash.
Ice cream chewits definitely still exist!! And I'm sure you can get tango sweets (not sure if they're the ones you're looking for though) in b&m/home bargains/poundland. They're always like 10 for a pound.

Ice cream Chewits
Cadbury Marble

Riesen still exist. Poundland always has them

Reactions: 1
Probably already been mentioned but here goes...
#1 Bournevita, never forgiven Cadbury’s for discontinuing it in this country
#2. Curry Twiglets
#3. Worcester sauce Twiglets
someone please tell me I haven’t imagined # 2&3, seem to remember they used to bring them back out during the Christmas snacking season, but then they disappeared for good.

- Micro Noodles. The chicken flavour was awesome and a staple of my dad's 'cooking' 😅
- Yogz yoghurts. They were Müller corners 'for kidz' where you literally tipped coloured sugar sprinkles into a overly sweet strawberry-flavoured yoghurt. Would rightly never get made today but god, my tongue still misses that flavour.
- 102 Dalmatians ice lollies. Released as promo for the film, they were cola flavoured and shaped like a Dalmatian puppy's face (complete with brown ears but little blue spots). 100/10 - everything my 4 year old self adored. Half believe I imagined them 😅
- Those little hard plastic bottles of flat 'juice' you could get out the newsagent that were basically syrup and water. You had to bite the top off them to open them, think they were shaped like snowmen and/or bears at one point (but were not Panda Pops). Used to come in different flavours (I think Cherry or Apple) but I always got Cola. Always think it'd be cracking for a hangover/migraine nowadays 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The people who mentioned Fuse bars and milkybar choos, there is a uk website called mental munchies. They've got some on there. Not sure if they'll taste the same as the fuse bars are from India, but the choos are very popular!!
I love their website! They've got loads of imported sweets/chocolate that I'm dying to try :love:

- Micro Noodles. The chicken flavour was awesome and a staple of my dad's 'cooking' 😅
- Yogz yoghurts. They were Müller corners 'for kidz' where you literally tipped coloured sugar sprinkles into a overly sweet strawberry-flavoured yoghurt. Would rightly never get made today but god, my tongue still misses that flavour.
- 102 Dalmatians ice lollies. Released as promo for the film, they were cola flavoured and shaped like a Dalmatian puppy's face (complete with brown ears but little blue spots). 100/10 - everything my 4 year old self adored. Half believe I imagined them 😅
- Those little hard plastic bottles of flat 'juice' you could get out the newsagent that were basically syrup and water. You had to bite the top off them to open them, think they were shaped like snowmen and/or bears at one point (but were not Panda Pops). Used to come in different flavours (I think Cherry or Apple) but I always got Cola. Always think it'd be cracking for a hangover/migraine nowadays 😂
Sorry for the double post, I was too eager. I bloody love Micro Noodles. I'm sure Asda still sells them coz they are on the website. If not, B&M or Home Bargains will probably sell them! :)

Thought of one: Quiddity perfume (1990s.) I was still a young child when these were available but saw it advertised everywhere and wanted it. My older, teenage babysitter moved away and gave me the rest of her bottle as a present, I was in love with it and sprayed it everywhere. I had "Cool Spell" which was a wonderful aquatic fragrance, I have never found anything like it since. I've tried Bath and Bodyworks "Cucumber Melon" since the Cool Spell had both cucumber and melon notes, however they don't really smell alike (and my fiancé who is American doesn't like the Bath and Bodyworks, he says it's for middle schoolers not adult women!) Quiddity also had "Dark Fire" and "Riot" apparently
I had all three but cool spell was by far my favourite. I even had the cd thing with little capsules of perfume in it. I binned all my bottles when I changed bedrooms as a teenager, thinking I was too old for them then. Man, I regret doing that so much 😣

• Wow
Thought of one: Quiddity perfume (1990s.) I was still a young child when these were available but saw it advertised everywhere and wanted it. My older, teenage babysitter moved away and gave me the rest of her bottle as a present, I was in love with it and sprayed it everywhere. I had "Cool Spell" which was a wonderful aquatic fragrance, I have never found anything like it since. I've tried Bath and Bodyworks "Cucumber Melon" since the Cool Spell had both cucumber and melon notes, however they don't really smell alike (and my fiancé who is American doesn't like the Bath and Bodyworks, he says it's for middle schoolers not adult women!) Quiddity also had "Dark Fire" and "Riot" apparently
Though this sounded familiar and googled, oh my god 🤯 I totally forgot about that stuff!

Though this sounded familiar and googled, oh my god 🤯 I totally forgot about that stuff!
I just got lost in a 1990's perfume google hole( for the second time this year)! United colours of Benetton Hot and Cold, D&G Feminine. I feel like I need some new perfume now. Although I did buy some Body Shop White Musk recently, for that retro vibe.

Reactions: 4
Seen Cadbury Marble crop up a few times on here, it’s in B&M, both big & small bars - I was slightly disappointed though it seems to taste a bit different, either it’s my taste or due to Cadbury’s changing recipes 😕

Tommy Gun's shampoo in pomegranate and orange flower
And Mark Hill sunshine shampoo and conditioner.
Both smelt amazing.
Dot by Marc Jacobs.
Wisteria and Violet by Jo Malone.

Sweets/ treats chocolate Etc without the bloody nutritional information on!!!!! God that moment be going back... When did they start doing it???

and bloody British Marathon before it became American Snickers😤

and I haven't been able to get bloody walnut whips with the walnut!! Now I know why😠

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.