Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MTV when it ACTUALLY played music you mean??? I had MTV Europe back when the BSB was replaced with Sky, I was in heaven because of MTV but we lost access to MTV Europe and it was replaced with MTV UK, then it went tits up.
We had MTV europe too when we got cable, I loved it. Otherwise it was VH1 or The Box for music channels 😂 .MTV uk was just trashy tv wasn’t it, no music at all!

Reactions: 2
I've been searching Google this afternoon to no avail ...

Does anyone remember in the late 80s/early 90s crisps that were the same sort of texture as Discos but were much thinner (you could crush them up easily), and they were in shapes - there was definitely a tube, or they may have all been small tubes, not sure. By the time I got to eat them at lunch they were all crushed in my bag :cry:

I've found Smiths Crispy Tubes but they weren't the same. They were much smaller and hollow.

Reactions: 1
I've been searching Google this afternoon to no avail ...

Does anyone remember in the late 80s/early 90s crisps that were the same sort of texture as Discos but were much thinner (you could crush them up easily), and they were in shapes - there was definitely a tube, or they may have all been small tubes, not sure. By the time I got to eat them at lunch they were all crushed in my bag :cry:

I've found Smiths Crispy Tubes but they weren't the same. They were much smaller and hollow.
Are you thinking of potato puffs? They were little tubes some people used to crush up deliberately and eat like dust.

Reactions: 3
Mississippi mud pie muller corner, apparently they occasionally pop up ?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There used to be a cheese spread in a jar, I think it was called Cheddary? - I could be making that up! It was pretty orange, and yum.

Bold lotus flower & water lily - replaced it with Spring awakening🤢 like no one would notice!😡

Are you thinking of potato puffs? They were little tubes some people used to crush up deliberately and eat like dust.
They look like the texture I remember, but these tubes were definitely open at the ends rather than closed like the potato puffs

I know what these are, I can even feel the texture in my mouth but I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called!
Annoying, isn't it?!!

It was around the same time as wheat crunchies were the crisp of choice in the playground, but it's not those, too crunchy and hard ...

Reactions: 2
This!! Genuinely thought I had imagined it as no one seems to remember it! I remember my dad used to get me one in the garage whenever he went in for petrol, the fondant was so minty it was amazing! The late 90s/early 00s Cadbury bars were the best, miss Snowflakes, Marble bars and Dream bars, have had the Australian dream bars once or twice but they don't taste like I remember..
Screenshot_20210214_115456.jpg

Reactions: 3
Love this thread! I miss mint wispa, golden cup bars and galaxy truffle eggs, does anyone remember those? I also miss the chicken New orleans sandwich from greggs, that was delicious!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.