Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I know you can still buy Lucozade, but many years ago it came in a glass bottle wrapped in yellow cellophane. I never liked the taste of it though.

Reactions: 11

DuckDuck

VIP Member
Toffo, the multi flavoured ones . I really fancied some the other day and was horrified to find out they were discontinued in 2015

• Wow
Reactions: 11

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Do you remember those pringle containers? Where you could only get a few pringkes in, but you just had to have them 😆?
You were "cool" at primary school if instead of a bag of crisps in your packed lunch you had a few pringles in one of those containers.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I must be the only person to have ever tried a Mars Delight 😄
Were they less sickly than the standard Mars Bar? As I find them too sweet and heavy. Even those little ones in celebrations, just too sweet for me anyway.
I hate Mars bars, but I'd give my left arm to have another Mars Delight. It was the complete opposite of a normal Mars bar - heavy and extremely sweet. It was light, kind of like a Kinder Bueno but with thicker chocolate around it. There was 2 small bars in a packet, instead of one big bar.

The official description on the wrapper was "Milk chocolate with a rippled wafer surrounded by caramel cream and chocolate cream”.

• Heart

derbyshiregirl

More and Glamour magazine. The paper versions, not digital. I’m old school with magazines and so many have stopped printing now.

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
It was probably a good thing you didn't have them... I don't think we had them very often at all, but I remember loving them. If I were to try the original ones now, I'd probably think they were grim!! Not the most visually appealing food, but obviously appeal to kids. Ooh I don't remember having proper cookies, you got lucky there. I do remember these cakes, though, and I can still feel them stuck to the roof of my mouth 😂 No idea what kids have for school dinners these days.
I make school cake at home, never lasts more than a day! I remember it served with pink, green or chocolate custard with a thick skin on it back in the 80's 🤣

If anyone wants the recipe, this is the one I use, it's foolproof!

• Heart