Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Matricks

Bar Six - always preferred them over Kit Kats
Prize Bar
Ice Breaker
Smith's Crisps (with the little blue bag of salt)

Reactions: 1

Punchface

VIP Member
Blue bottle, must be the same one - I can usually remember scents of things from my past but this one is a mystery for me too!

peachhes

VIP Member
Cadbury’s Dream bars…. Without having to pay £3 to get an imported one from B&M 🤦‍♀️🤣
Proper turkey twizzlers
Snow Flakes
Mars Delight

yum!

koalabear53

Chatty Member
Turkey twizzlers are back!!! I even saw them in the freezer of my local Nisa couple of wks ago!!

• Wow

Bektin

Remember when walkers salt and vinegar where in the blue pack and cheese and onion where green? Think they changed it when I was young 5 or so.
Wasn't that Golden Wonder crisps rather than Walkers, or did they change to match Golden Wonder?

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Don't know if anyone will remember, but in the late 80s/early 90s, there was a type of confectionery called 'Trello'. It was a bar of soft marshmallow, covered in chocolate. We used to get them in bulk from the cash and carry. They were so nice.
I think I remember that. Was it a fairly long, slim bar? About 10P?

I make school cake at home, never lasts more than a day! I remember it served with pink, green or chocolate custard with a thick skin on it back in the 80's 🤣

If anyone wants the recipe, this is the one I use, it's foolproof!

It should literally be illegal to make people read an entire essay about your life before giving them the recipe at the bottom of the page.

And yes I am only quoting this so that I can find the page again to make that!

(I've just thought that might actually be your own page, if so please don't block me from seeing your recipe for being rude about cooking blogs 😂)

• Haha

Be creative

If you had any say in the potato puffs being discontinued I will NEVER forgive you!

But also, if you happen to have half a dozen spare boxes of them going spare I’ll be your best friend 🤩
Haha no say in them being discontinued I’m pleased to report! Disappointingly, I have none stashed away anywhere ☹

koalabear53

Chatty Member
Sweets/ treats chocolate Etc without the bloody nutritional information on!!!!! God that moment be going back... When did they start doing it???

and bloody British Marathon before it became American Snickers😤

and I haven't been able to get bloody walnut whips with the walnut!! Now I know why😠

Last edited:

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Ooh
Spangles (I’m old)
Mars delight
Cadbury’s Marble bars
5 4 3 2 1 bars
Echo bars
Caramac (saw them recently but no more)
Dream
Planets
Secret bars
Fabulous Baker Boys chocco cakes
Tootie Fruities
Perfume- Sun, moon and stars
Dewberry in body shop
Kylies Dazzling Darling
Awww I miss mainly sweets. No wonder I’m fat
I have a large bottle of Sun Moon And Stars half full, I love it but I try and save it because I'm going to be gutted when i use it up.

• Heart

HowlOwl

VIP Member
This is one is a drink that is still around but now terrible! - maybe these sort of things deserve their own category?

Anyway, our Indian takeaway always puts a can of R White’s lemonade in … it’s horrible! Sort of stale-tasting synthetic rubbish, you can almost taste the industrial vat it was brewed in. I can’t honestly remember this particular lemonade from younger years, but I do remember the famous advert.