Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Has anyone got one of those desk hot fan heaters and would you recommend please? Any particular brand of heater?

I wfh in an old house with high ceilings so using central heating doesn’t feel like the most efficient way to heat the one room even tho gas is cheaper than electric.

bozlem3080

Chatty Member
I can get my food bill down to £20 a Month( If I need to) maybe a fiver for toiletries, and thats just me but i'm a fairly fussy eater. So I def think its possible for a family of 4 who probably eat a wider range of items.
Same here, I’m on my own though so just live off the real basics, I hoarded a load of cleaning stuff & toiletries in lockdown so only really need buy toilet roll once a fortnight, mainly live off soup & sandwiches.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I wore my other sister’s fake oodie version from M&S.Tempted to order an oodie as well but it’s the price putting me off for even the cheapest at £59.

pommynoir

VIP Member
Yea I’m eon Next I’ve still heard nothing even about a price rise. Fingers crossed I’ve been forgotten about 😂😂😂😂🤷🏽‍♀️
Ok so they didn’t forget about me 😂😂😂. But I currently pay £80 a month DD as my usage was just under £40 but I was worried that we’d be stung… so my DD decreases and the overall cost hasn’t gone up by as much as I worried it would - I guess we are really lucky. I WFH and I’m going into the office from December so hopefully it will come down a bit again.

we also get the credit so if it is reducing by £67 a month surely my DD isn’t just going to be £4 🤔😯

Attachments

I can't recall whether it was on a thread here or somewhere online so apologies in advance. Does anyone remember the list of offers/discounts to do grocery shopping online? I recall Sainsbury's often do something like £10 your first order. I'd appreciate any help please

Last edited:

ChilliBean

VIP Member
does anyone here use or has tried the trolley app? at the moment i'm living at home with my parents but am moving out in the next few weeks for uni. luckily my student accommodation rent includes bills (rent isn't even covered by my maintenance loan so my parents are having to help there anyway) but am funding my own food, travel etc. i have four or five supermarkets within a mile / 15 min walk / 30 min round trip so it isn't too difficult for me to shop around without incurring fuel costs that cancel out any savings.

basically i'm asking for opinions on if it's worth the effort? also i'd want to use different rewards each week (nectar etc) so idk if it's just too many variables to consider and if the savings are worth the hassle. thanks in advance!

eta just read it could be cloasing down soon?! hopefully not!
what is the trolley app please?

Yel

Chatty Member
Thank you. I just went to submit a meter reading and had a little panic.

It's fixed for another year thank goodness.
Very lucky! Although this is why I hate the whole system as the price should be fair to everyone.

My friend was just saying how they're on a low tarrif for a year because their supplier went bust, although she wasn't sure what the price was so I'm not actually sure if it is low. What price are people paying who were moved to a new supplier?

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I’ve got two elderly cats, they’re 18 and one is on lifelong medication and requires blood tests twice a year alongside her prescription. They won’t prescribe without the blood test.

I took her to the vet today and was told it would £138 just for the blood test! . I objected and said I couldn’t afford it, I will ( because we love her) happily pay the £90 medication bill every 5 weeks because I have to , she’s our old gal!

It was reduced to £55 after a chat with whoever she went to talk to.

*I cancelled our previous pet insurance after they wouldn’t insure lifelong medicine.
That seems like a lot of money for a blood test. It she on thyroid medication?

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
does anyone here use or has tried the trolley app? at the moment i'm living at home with my parents but am moving out in the next few weeks for uni. luckily my student accommodation rent includes bills (rent isn't even covered by my maintenance loan so my parents are having to help there anyway) but am funding my own food, travel etc. i have four or five supermarkets within a mile / 15 min walk / 30 min round trip so it isn't too difficult for me to shop around without incurring fuel costs that cancel out any savings.

basically i'm asking for opinions on if it's worth the effort? also i'd want to use different rewards each week (nectar etc) so idk if it's just too many variables to consider and if the savings are worth the hassle. thanks in advance!

eta just read it could be cloasing down soon?! hopefully not!