Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pixxyy

VIP Member
Oh think I know why I do my Nuggets double my temp is different. As when I googled how to air fry Nuggets/Chips etc it recommended doing them at 200. Think I might stick to that as 400 seems high

just googled 200c is the same as 400f i'm not the best when it comes to all the diff temperature types:oops:

Last edited:

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Been pricing up Oodies and using their BOGOF deal, I can get four for roughly £200 based on my shoody Maths. Is this the best deal to get or should I try and shop around a bit more? Tried my Primark dupe this weekend and I'm not sure it will cut it 🤣

Christmas bonus on the way for millions who receive DWP benefits - check if you are eligible (msn.com)

A magical £10 for Christmas for those eligible.

"The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority has revealed that Workington Conservative MP Mark Jenkinson claimed £249,881.63 in business costs during the 2020-21 financial year and Westmorland and Lonsdale MP Tim Farron claimed £249,444.28.

These are the highest costs for Cumbria’s MPs. By comparison, Darren Henry, a Tory MP for Broxtowe, had costs of £280,900 last year, while Philip Hollobone, the member for Kettering, had just £80,700.

On average MPs claim £203,880.

Kit Malthouse was the most expensive MP attending the Cabinet in 2020-21, with total costs of £244,312.

The total costs of MPs last year rose by four per cent to £132.5 million,

This was compared to £178,406 for Prime Minister Boris Johnson and £168,109 for Sir Keir Starmer."
I think we may live in the same county 🧐 I wonder how Mark Jenkinson’s constituents will feel about this, given the extent of deprivation in Workington.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
This has always stuck in my mind as I saw something on TV yonks ago where someone predicted we would run cars using air. Always stuck in my mind as being outlandish but looks like it's happening 😲😁

Jc456

VIP Member
I know youre not the poster with these but theyre £2.60 at asda for a 5 pack.

£1 at Iceland for a 3 pack and Aldi now do individual dupes at the checkout. Theyre dino something or other but 39p each so £2 for 5.

My kids love them 🙄
Lidl do dupes, I can't remember how many were in a pack

pixxyy

VIP Member
Sorry but have you actually done this or is this theoretical? What fruit & veg is in this plan please?

Idk I dislike Jack Monroe’s £20 a week schtick as it’s horribly deficient so can’t really be classed as eating for £20 a week because you’re only actually getting a third of your daily calorie requirements, and this doesn’t even get to the nutritional value of the slop or in this case eternal chips & nuggets?
I did say this is just based on what I eat which is nuggs, chips type foods. For me if needed I could get it down to £20 I put the same amount as my usual shop just the cheapest options.

mummy_3

Chatty Member
I'll be off to Primark next month as that's the only time due to work, I'm going to keep an eye out for their oodies. I have 2 oversized jumpers from hugehoods.con which I love. Nice and snuggley especially with the hood up

Kim Mild

VIP Member
:rolleyes: ran a load of laundry and many things came out full of detergent spots, even though I used the liquid type and not overly much of it. Now running an extra rinse and spin cycle, which could have been avoided. The machine wasn't chock-full either, not sure how that happened, but I've had this a couple of times and blamed it on the detergent (powder) then.
Mine does that, but it is only on certain types of fabric.

monga

VIP Member
Oil filled are 2000w for the normal size. All electric heaters are the same cost for the same heating output.

It clicks off and on depending on the thermostat. Mine was using around 3kw a day heating the office during the day.

This costs 84p in today's cap, but will be £1.56 from October 1st.

Still cheaper than heating the whole house with gas. Electric is 100% efficient, gas is often around 60-70% efficient.
It was just something I noticed at the checkouts, thought they may have been cheaper to run.I guess they’ll be providing them with extra fluffy socks this year .