Discontent #5 food, energy, transport, cost of living etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people recommend dehumidifiers. Once the damp air has been removed the house feels warmer, and is easier to heat so needs less energy.
I’ve heard this but mine feels cooler? And it costs £2 a day to run! Meaco eco one. I’ve had to ration it.

I’ve been digging down the sofa for money, not found much so far, rationing the Turkish delight as best I can, I seriously can’t go on much more, I’ve applied for so many jobs this week, got an appointment tomorrow with my work coach got a 5 mile round walk on an empty stomach I’m just don’t know what to do anymore?!
Please speak to your local council. They should have an office if you can’t get through on the phone. They can give you an emergency loan or foodbank voucher.
do you have the Olio app where people give away leftovers?

Reactions: 8
'Ive just read that The first half of the £650 start going into banks today. Anyone receive theirs?

Reactions: 2
I was just reading as I get tax credits my first payment will be made in autumn

• Sad
I am moving into a house next month, will I still be eligible does anyone know. Currently live with parents

Pretty sure most people getting the payment would prefer to be working for a decent wage and not relying on it. He doesn't seem to know that nearly half of those on UC actually have jobs too.

Then you have someone like this who should go to the back of the queue for the payment for being offensive and dumb and thick as two short planks. They never said people would get payments today. They only ever said you'd get them from today. Two different things.

Reactions: 3
Pretty sure most people getting the payment would prefer to be working for a decent wage and not relying on it. He doesn't seem to know that nearly half of those on UC actually have jobs too.

Then you have someone like this who should go to the back of the queue for the payment for being offensive and dumb and thick as two short planks. They never said people would get payments today. They only ever said you'd get them from today. Two different things.

I think we need to stop pitting working class people against each other full stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think we need to stop pitting working class people against each other full stop.
Most definitely. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. You don’t know peoples outgoings/commitments, job losses due to Covid etc. people seem to be coming across as very self entitled and demanding. Things are very tough at the moment, and are likely to get worse. We should all be supporting each other. People should just Be Nice - you never know what someone is going through.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Unpopular opinion but this extra payment doesn’t solve anything. We need to fix the crisis full stop rather than giving out money. It is a little plaster over the top of a pouring bucket.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Unpopular opinion but this extra payment doesn’t solve anything. We need to fix the crisis full stop rather than giving out money. It is a little plaster over the top of a pouring bucket.
I agree although it might help a bit what about when people have spent it they will still be in the same situation?

Reactions: 4
All roads point towards the cost of housing imo. Labour and conservatives have done nothing to stop this spiralling out of control, if anything they've introducted props to keep it sky high. Leaving millions with no buffer to weather an economic storm while the buy to let parasites and financial services are the only ones to really gain while society is fucked over.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I received it and absolutely agree. Something long term does need to be done.

All I’ve seen on TikTok is people spending it on nails and clothes shopping. The same ones will be crying over winter but oh well blow it all in 1 day.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I got my energy rebate today didn’t expect to get one as I only moved out of my parents into my house 2 months ago. Perfect timing as it’s paid for my cat insurance for the year.
Was anyone picked to do the cost of living survey by the government? Where you have to send them your receipts for 2 weeks and you get £55 voucher in return? I’m doing it and mostly spent my money on takeaways - been doing it a week and I’ve had 3fast food meals and a takeaway 🫣 don’t usually have this many takeaways!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.