Diaryofadad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone needs to make a podcast about all of these parent influencer falls from grace! Starting with Asha Pinder, followed by Sarah Akwisombe and the bloody icing Ben Anderson! I need to understand the absolute audacity and the psychology behind these scammers!

Reactions: 5
Someone needs to make a podcast about all of these parent influencer falls from grace! Starting with Asha Pinder, followed by Sarah Akwisombe and the bloody icing Ben Anderson! I need to understand the absolute audacity and the psychology behind these scammers!
Never heard of the others. What did they do?

Never heard of the others. What did they do?
You’re in for a treat! Asha was the original “mummy instagramer”, constantly showing off expensive candles, spa breaks and handbags under the guise of self care, then faked cancer and turns out she was stealing from her grandparents (their life savings) to the tune of £130k. Sarah A was the original “boss mama” and ran a course scam promising to make stay at home mums rich, turns out she had no course to offer despite taking one million English pounds of people’s money and now, dear old Ben! 8 million. Wow.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
You’re in for a treat! Asha was the original “mummy instagramer”, constantly showing off expensive candles, spa breaks and handbags under the guise of self care, then faked cancer and turns out she was stealing from her grandparents (their life savings) to the tune of £130k. Sarah A was the original “boss mama” and ran a course scam promising to make stay at home mums rich, turns out she had no course to offer despite taking one million English pounds of people’s money and now, dear old Ben! 8 million. Wow.
Oh gosh how do these people sleep at night?!! Was there a tattle thread for the others?

It seems this started a year before it was released to the Daily Mail.

-------

Law360, London (November 10, 2022, 3:13 PM GMT) -- An investment management group told a London court on Thursday that the directors of a music promoter used a separate business account as "a personal piggy bank" as the firm sues for £2.2 million ($2.6 million) over the financing of Dr. Dre gigs that never happened.

Jonathan Cohen KC, representing Lowry Trading Ltd., told the High Court that the two directors of Musicaleze Ltd. were attempting to "denude" their company of funds, despite being the subjects of a freezing order.

Benjamin and Sophie Anderson used a bank account tied to a different company they own for payments to a cosmetic surgery company, clothes shopping and other personal expenses, Cohen said.

"There needs to be better protection [than] simply leaving that account to the Andersons' best judgment, because I do not think their judgment is good," Cohen said. "My fear is that they don't see what the problem is.

"They think that because the [bank account] is not frozen they can continue to use it as their personal piggy bank," he added.

Lowry had initially provided a loan for the purpose of arranging concerts for the famous rapper across the U.K. — but was told the plans had to be put on hold because of the coronavirus pandemic. Lowry launched a suit against Musicaleze and its two owners, claiming that an investigation showed the Andersons fabricated invoices and other documents to cover their tracks and hide the fact that they did not intend to organize the events, according to the investor's written submissions.

Cohen told the court that a bank account tied to the Andersons' other business, Musicalize Touring and Events, was no longer the subject of a freezing order imposed in October because it was not part of the lawsuit. But he urged Judge Simon Birt KC to impose additional protection to prevent the Andersons from using that bank account to dissipate their assets before the court makes any judgment on the case.

The hearing was initially an application to vary the freezing order to allow Sophie Anderson to pay off a £70,000 credit card debt. But Cohen told the court that, in documents served, the defendants appeared to admit the allegations entirely for the company and partially for the two directors.

Daria Gleyze, acting for Musicaleze and its owners, told the court that they admitted liability for £500,000 mistakenly deposited by Lowry into the wrong business bank account — which has since been repaid.

Gleyze rejected the argument that this was a "dishonest admission" on behalf of the defendants that was intended to protect them from any further liability. She rejected the notion that an order was needed to target the second business bank account, pointing out that no attempt had been made by her clients to drain it since it had become unfrozen.

"Any restriction on [Musicalize Touring and Events Ltd.] will just bring the business to collapse, which won't help any party," Gleyze said.

Judge Birt declined to vary the freezing order and adjourned the case for both parties to prepare submissions on which parts of the claim are admitted and on the breadth of the freezing order.

Lowry is represented by Jonathan Cohen KC and Stuart Sanders of Littleton Chambers, instructed by ARMA Litigation Ltd.

The defendants are represented by Daria Gleyze of Three Stone Chambers. Full counsel information was not immediately available.

The case is Lowry Trading Ltd. v. Musicalize Ltd and others, case number LM-2022-000232, in the London Circuit Commercial Court division of the High Court of England and Wales.

Read more at: https://www.law360.com/articles/1548453?copied=1

Reactions: 4
Am I reading right that this has been going on since 2021? I still can’t get my head around how they just went along living their lives spending all this money bragging al over social media know all along it was all a lie

Reactions: 3
I doubt if both go to prison it would be at the same time however I don’t think they should get off lightly at all!

I guess it depends if they can repay what they have been found to owe. In the commercial courts the debt will be enforced and if repaid that’s the case done.

Saw this comment from Ben on Luisa Zissmans post… shows the arrogance of him tbh to be commenting like normal, you’d at least change your IG name or start again.

Ben’s kids will be used to not being with their parents soon when they’re both in prison.

Attachments

Reactions: 1