Diane Abbott

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she does herself any favours. Every interview I've seen of her shows her as ill prepared and a waffler ( like most politicians) . I think she's in it for her own gain and is a major string puller.
Oh yes! Who remembers the bluster about how many police Labour would recruit and how much it would cost? Completely nuts but she just couldn't say 'I don't have those figures' politely - she just wades in making herself look utterly stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh yes! Who remembers the bluster about how many police Labour would recruit and how much it would cost? Completely nuts but she just couldn't say 'I don't have those figures' politely - she just wades in making herself look utterly stupid.
She was have a diabetic episode during that and had to take time off after as was so poorly to be fair to her. Her diabetes was really out of control.

Reactions: 3

Yel

I'm not sure I believe politicians and their excuses any more than I do influencers. If she really was that ill you'd think she herself would pull out of the circuit of interviews and the labour party would have also not let it go ahead.

She comes in with her condescending and patronising voice baiting about Tories and tax cuts for the rich and it just gets worse

It's when she goes quiet, starts talking slowly and shuffles paper 🤣. It's not even like she's a new mp and doesn't know that nick Ferrari will actually probe for answers. The whole men and women thing throughout gets me everytime 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not sure I believe politicians and their excuses any more than I do influencers. If she really was that ill you'd think she herself would pull out of the circuit of interviews and the labour party would have also not let it go ahead.

She comes in with her condescending and patronising voice baiting about Tories and tax cuts for the rich and it just gets worse

She did pull out after, that's the point. I work in politics and election period is intense - long days, back to back media work and unfortunately you neglect yourself whether intentional or not. She's not the first politician to burn out and exacerbate a medical condition and won't be the last. And 99% of the time, you don't want to let your "side" down, so will keep going until you can't. Doesn't matter what your politics are, a lot of people suffer from this. There was a good article here: https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/19/diane-abbott-diabetes-labour-diabetic

Yel

I think the thing is if it's really that bad she should have known to pull out before going live. As a then member of a shadow cabinet it really doesn't inspire much confidence as to how she would perform in a senior position running the country. Not everyone is cut out to be in a position of power and realising your limitations is a good skill to have.

I can't give any credit for pulling out only after delivering the biggest political car crash interview of the decade. There will have been labour party people involved during the interview that wouldn't have let her on again so no idea if she did have the self awareness to pull out herself.

Sorry but I'm not going to click on a guardian comment piece that defends it, I'll take your word it's good. 😆

Reactions: 5
I am amazed that she is shadow Home Secretary. This will be one of the many reasons that some folk won’t vote for Labour at the moment.
I can’t recall what she was like as a political figure back in the day, maybe she was a political heavyweight - I really have no idea.
She has become a laughing stock. I have not seen any TV interviews with her for quite some time, but in recent years I have had to turn her off. It’s not pleasant to watch her being interviewed.
For her own dignity, she should retire, and the Labour Party need to get realistic and stop underestimating the voting public.

Reactions: 7
I am amazed that she is shadow Home Secretary. This will be one of the many reasons that some folk won’t vote for Labour at the moment.
I can’t recall what she was like as a political figure back in the day, maybe she was a political heavyweight - I really have no idea.
She has become a laughing stock. I have not seen any TV interviews with her for quite some time, but in recent years I have had to turn her off. It’s not pleasant to watch her being interviewed.
For her own dignity, she should retire, and the Labour Party need to get realistic and stop underestimating the voting public.
She is no longer Shadow Home Secretary. Corbyn had very slim pickings to choose from, as so many Labour MP's didn't want to be in his Cabinet. Labour have always underestimated the voting public. Mainly by telling they are too stupid to understand what they are telling them is good for them.

The woman is a Cambridge graduate. Why can she not just shut up for 5 minutes and find out some facts before she makes a fool of herself? So now 4 Black men have been arrested, people at the party have said it was gang related and she has unnecessarily dug a hole for herself and invited derision.
Did she graduate? I tried to find out but it's all very vague...

Yel

I'm really not sure I buy the Dianne was so unwell excuse as she was back giving interviews (and dodging questions) that afternoon.

I know lots of people hate nick Ferrari, but just watched another video and that was Dianne's 7th interview that morning. It seems like he was the only one to actually probe and the others just let her say we're reversing a Tory tax cut and the money (that's already been spent by them several times) will pay for extra police.

Reactions: 2
She is no longer Shadow Home Secretary. Corbyn had very slim pickings to choose from, as so many Labour MP's didn't want to be in his Cabinet. Labour have always underestimated the voting public. Mainly by telling they are too stupid to understand what they are telling them is good for them.
I wasn’t sure if she was still shadow Home Secretary so googled. I read she was, so it was obviously not up to date.

If I am honest, I couldn’t name many of the shadow cabinet!

Reactions: 1
Her tweet suggesting the shooting of the BLM activist was racially motivated was appalling. Along with removing the ability to comment.

That should have been a sackable offence.

Reactions: 8
I wasn’t sure if she was still shadow Home Secretary so googled. I read she was, so it was obviously not up to date.

If I am honest, I couldn’t name many of the shadow cabinet!
Its Nick Thomas-Symonds! I have never heard of him, even though we are in the middle of one of the biggest crises in 80 :oops:years

She did pull out after, that's the point. I work in politics and election period is intense - long days, back to back media work and unfortunately you neglect yourself whether intentional or not. She's not the first politician to burn out and exacerbate a medical condition and won't be the last. And 99% of the time, you don't want to let your "side" down, so will keep going until you can't. Doesn't matter what your politics are, a lot of people suffer from this. There was a good article here: https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/19/diane-abbott-diabetes-labour-diabetic
Yes well Labour should have put someone else forward for the interview. It was a total catastrophe from start to finish and she will always be remembered for it. With her health problems and worry about her son she should have stood down. Mind you that Rebecca Long-Bailey was a disaster too.

Its Nick Thomas-Symonds! I have never heard of him, even though we are in the middle of one of the biggest crises in 80 :oops:years
Next week it will be someone else.

There was an interview last year with Times Radio where they asked her a question and she took about a minute to respond and it was a cringing time.

Reactions: 1
Funny to watch though, she is the gift that keeps on giving 😂

Tanks entering Croatia, 🤦‍♀️she really hasn't a clue.
Diane Abbott needs to retire. She is not old - but she is definitely addled.

There was an interview last year with Times Radio where they asked her a question and she took about a minute to respond and it was a cringing time.
The slow responses are painful. She somehow turns it in to a very patronising tone, almost like she is deliberately talking slowly, so that us minions can understand the complicated words.
I do actually believe that it is confabulation. I’m not saying that she has dementia, but something is not right.