Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I remember when she sent her Son to private school and the furore she created . One of her utterances was ‘West Indian Mothers would go to the wall for their children’😲.

As a white Woman I would also go to the wall for my children as I’m sure most caring and loving Mothers of any ethnicity would.

Reactions: 40

Yel

Chatty Member
She was in power for all of the Blair years (with hackney she'll never lose power) but still the state schools weren't good enough for her son. Claimed he would end up in a gang if he went to a state school in the borough she's held power in since the 80s, so had to privately educate him.

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott's privately-educated son, 28, is charged with 11 offences including exposing himself and attacks on police and NHS staff

· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - August 7, 2019 - Royal Free Hospital

· Assault by beating - August 8, 2019 - Mile End Hospital - assaulted a Doctor

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – Homerton Hospital - assaulted a police officer

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – on Middleton Road - assaulted a police officer

· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - July 26, 2019 – within the London borough of Hackney

· Exposure - October 27, 2019 - at Homerton Hospital

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - November 7, 2019 – at Homerton Hospital - assaulted a nurse

· Racially/religiously aggravated criminal damage – November 7, 2019, at Homerton Hospital - destroyed prescription spectacles

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker – November 8, 2019 - Homerton Hospital - assaulted a police officer

· Assault by beating – August 7, 2019 – Royal Free Hospital -

· Assault by beating of an emergency services worker – December 23, 2019 – Bevan Ward, Homerton Hospital – assaulted a social therapist

I wonder if it's mental health issues?

I can't stand Dianne and her voice that is both patronising and condescending at the same time. Some of the things she's said would be career ending for other politicians.

• Wow
Reactions: 31

kev1974

VIP Member
"There were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships"

Grateful if someone could school the uneducated and biased cow on the Barbary slave trade then. Black people absolutely do not have the monopoly on being slaves; ALL races were at it.

Better still, instead of banging on and on and on and on about things that happened hundreds of years ago. If these morons could kindly put their efforts into stopping modern slavery down at their local car wash, high street nail salon, cheap restaurant/cafe etc. I absolutely do not understand why people like her are obsessed with ranting about the ancient past, but do nothing about improving things going on in UK towns right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Pinchme

VIP Member
I’m going to assume you are referring to politicians, not ethnic minorities?
Really! I think you know exactly who I am referring to, it's obvious who I am referring to.
Please don't try and turn this into a race issue, when it's obviously not 😡

If your still not sure just re-read my post!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

SisterBliss

Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.
Unless you have genuine evidence of someone being racist, you should really stop kneejerk virtue signalling like this, just because a person of colour is being criticised.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Pinchme

VIP Member
Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.
Weather you believe me or not, the colour of her skin didn't even enter my mind, and I don't believe anything about my post suggested any such thing?

I believe her to be totally incompetent and the thought of her ever to be in charge of the countries security is very scary, and I am very very glad that she will never be.

I couldn't care less her skin colour, it has no baring on her abilities.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
A Labour politician sending their kids to an expensive private school is one thing. What I find hard to stomach is that I understand she had previously very vocally attacked other politicians (Blair and Harmen come to mind, perhaps others) - her colleagues - for doing the exact same thing.

Not the first hypocritical politician, of course..

Laur91

VIP Member
I’m sorry, but I really don’t agree with this thread. I don’t think the personal lives of politicians are any of our business... 🤷🏽‍♀️
Poor lady.
Eh?! What makes them any different to anyone else discussed on this website? Like the Royals etc? :/

Reactions: 23

Homesweethomesweethome

Dianne Abbott is a dangerous woman! The general election was awful but could you imagine if she had any form of power. She can’t even pair up shoes let alone put them on the right feet!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

judsmum

Chatty Member
When a person breaks the law then I absolutely think they are open for discussion in the same way anyone else is, it just so happens that this law breaker is the son of Diane Abbott. Why can’t she & her son be discussed? - He’s a criminal with a mother who is the Shadow Home Secretary! My opinion on Diane is irrelevant, but my opinion and right to discuss a person whose crimes include assaulting a police officer are absolutely not irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Steelerprincess

“Some of the things she's said would be career ending for other politicians

Are you insinuating she‘s only in her job still because she’s black and/or a woman?
The only person who uses the race card is Abbott herself ! She's the master of it !

• Heart
Reactions: 20

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
I feel awful for her and her son that this has made news. Mental health services are shocking in the UK and it appears her son is on the MH wards based on what I've read. Nobody deserves to be assaulted but if that was me and I saw that all of that had been made so public, it would probably tip me over the edge. 😩 She has had so much horrible press about her compared to other politicians too
she has had a very ‘fair and deserved’ amount of bad press based on her ridiculous comments and behaviour over the years. 😊
However, I still feel bad for her sons situation, it’s not his fault that his Mums a hot mess.

Reactions: 18

PartOfMe

People were saying it's unfair to comment that she put on two left mismatched shoes as she has issues. Sorry but running the country isn't an equal ops job. If you can't even put matching shoes of the right feet on maybe you shouldn't have one of the most powerful jobs in the country

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I feel awful for her and her son that this has made news. Mental health services are shocking in the UK and it appears her son is on the MH wards based on what I've read. Nobody deserves to be assaulted but if that was me and I saw that all of that had been made so public, it would probably tip me over the edge. 😩 She has had so much horrible press about her compared to other politicians too
I think we all feel sorry for her son if he's going through mh issues.

It's a difficult situation as she's had quite alot of time in power and MH services were just as bad then. But from what she's said in the past I don't think she would want her family members to use the same public services that us plebs use.

She gets lots of bad press, but at the same time she's made gaff after gaff. Members of the shadow cabinet should face scrutiny if they're incompetent.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Politicians and their actions should be under the greatest of scrutiny , both professionally and privately seeing as they make decisions that affect every single one of us .

Let’s not forget the expenses scandal.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Linda70

I’m sorry, but I really don’t agree with this thread. I don’t think the personal lives of politicians are any of our business... 🤷🏽‍♀️
Poor lady.
MP's are the biggest influencers of them all, they use their spin and influence to try to win our votes. They all chosen to be in the public eye and all have twitter accounts / facebook pages with large followings. The personal live of politicians has every right to be discussed and criticised here or on any other outlet given that their wages and huge expenses are paid by the public

Reactions: 17

Yel

Chatty Member
The idea of purposefully whispering so the police officer moves closer to you to hear, to enable you to then spit in their face is so, so abhorrent.

There are medical staff and police officers who have been infected with hepatitis from being spat at in the face... imagine just waiting for the test results to come through after an incident like that, let alone if the results are positive.
Anyone else think if this was a high profile Tory MP this whole story would be reported very differently?

Reactions: 16

eff29

• Haha
Reactions: 16