Diane Abbott

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry, but I really don’t agree with this thread. I don’t think the personal lives of politicians are any of our business... 🤷🏽‍♀️
Poor lady.
Eh?! What makes them any different to anyone else discussed on this website? Like the Royals etc? :/

Reactions: 23
That could probably be said for a lot of politicians to be honest. Amber Rudd wasn’t great. She stood down from the Cabinet after the Windrush scandal but carried on as an MP. Even just recently Jacob Rees Mogg has been a train wreck and had to be put in isolation during the election campaign and the Court ruled that Boris Johnson misled the Queen... doesn’t seemed to have affected their job prospects though.
Totally agree. Amber Rudd has messed up every job she’s ever had but she’s like Teflon. She was even referred to as a king maker in the Tory leadership election. The mind boggles.

Diane did herself know favours with the comment about West Indian women going to the wall for their children. It was a very divisive thing to say. I hope her son gets the help he clearly needs and that he earned his promotions on his own merit.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry, but I really don’t agree with this thread. I don’t think the personal lives of politicians are any of our business... 🤷🏽‍♀️
Poor lady.
MP's are the biggest influencers of them all, they use their spin and influence to try to win our votes. They all chosen to be in the public eye and all have twitter accounts / facebook pages with large followings. The personal live of politicians has every right to be discussed and criticised here or on any other outlet given that their wages and huge expenses are paid by the public

Reactions: 17
A Labour politician sending their kids to an expensive private school is one thing. What I find hard to stomach is that I understand she had previously very vocally attacked other politicians (Blair and Harmen come to mind, perhaps others) - her colleagues - for doing the exact same thing.

Not the first hypocritical politician, of course..

Reactions: 25

Yel

MP's are the biggest influencers of them all, they use their spin and influence to try to win our votes. They all chosen to be in the public eye and all have twitter accounts / facebook pages with large followings. The personal live of politicians has every right to be discussed and criticised here or on any other outlet given that their wages and huge expenses are paid by the public
Exactly!

New Labour are a big part of reason we're in the mess we are now. They started the lies about how we were controlled by Europe, they didn't use their right for delayed migration during the eu enlargement like Germany did so led to a huge flux and building up resentment. Then they didn't even bother to count people. Gordon brown announced the sale of the gold, so crashed its price and flogged it on the cheap . Working tax credits allowed employers to pay less and keep people depending on the state and create a divide between single people and families for state support.

Right I'm going to stop there before I get onto Iraq which Dianne did vote against, her voting record is ok but that just mirrors the popular opinion of hackney. I know Dianne is just one member of labour while they were in power. I just can't help but rage whenever I think of new Labour or Gordon brown.😡

Anyway back on Dianne, this caller was funny suggesting she should become the leader of labour but couldn't explain why 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m going to assume you are referring to politicians, not ethnic minorities?
Really! I think you know exactly who I am referring to, it's obvious who I am referring to.
Please don't try and turn this into a race issue, when it's obviously not 😡

If your still not sure just re-read my post!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Politicians and their actions should be under the greatest of scrutiny , both professionally and privately seeing as they make decisions that affect every single one of us .

Let’s not forget the expenses scandal.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Dianne Abbott is a dangerous woman! The general election was awful but could you imagine if she had any form of power. She can’t even pair up shoes let alone put them on the right feet!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Really! I think you know exactly who I am referring to, it's obvious who I am referring to.
Please don't try and turn this into a race issue, when it's obviously not 😡

If your still not sure just re-read my post!
Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Your post didn’t read terribly well on the back of the “race card” theme the thread was taking.

It’s really easy for white people to bleat “don’t make it about race”, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.
Unless you have genuine evidence of someone being racist, you should really stop kneejerk virtue signalling like this, just because a person of colour is being criticised.

• Heart

Weather you believe me or not, the colour of her skin didn't even enter my mind, and I don't believe anything about my post suggested any such thing?

I believe her to be totally incompetent and the thought of her ever to be in charge of the countries security is very scary, and I am very very glad that she will never be.

I couldn't care less her skin colour, it has no baring on her abilities.

Dianne Abbott is a dangerous woman! The general election was awful but could you imagine if she had any form of power. She can’t even pair up shoes let alone put them on the right feet!
She might have been better than the transport secretary who gave a sea freight contract to a company with no ferries, mind.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
What I’ve written is my personal opinion. I’m offering an alternative point of view on a thread about Diane Abbott, which is what this public forum is all about. I happen to disagree with some of personal comments made about her. Politicians professional capabilities should absolutely be allowed to be scrutinised by the tax payer, however the personal lives of their family should not come in to the picture (expenses is a professional issue and not personal). Considering I’ve been given a warning for attempting to moderate this thread by giving my opinion on something that doesn’t necessarily align with the political viewpoints of others in the thread I think is disgusting. It’s the moderators attempt at silencing a viewpoint they don’t agree with.
I have not been abusive, or inappropriate, I have simply aired my views like everyone else.
I fail to see your ‘political viewpoint’ in an comment which merely stated you don’t agree with this thread and discussing MP’s private lives? Surely on an active thread where people are quite happy to discuss such a matter *that* could be the reason why you were moderated? There’s no need to make out as though it’s an attack on your right to voice your political standpoint...

Reactions: 3
When a person breaks the law then I absolutely think they are open for discussion in the same way anyone else is, it just so happens that this law breaker is the son of Diane Abbott. Why can’t she & her son be discussed? - He’s a criminal with a mother who is the Shadow Home Secretary! My opinion on Diane is irrelevant, but my opinion and right to discuss a person whose crimes include assaulting a police officer are absolutely not irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

That's racist to assume people's skin colour on a message board.

Reactions: 10
What an amazing career, doesn’t smell like nepotism at all
You couldn’t get that job via nepotism, that’s not how the fast stream works. The diplomatic fast stream is very hard to get on to, you have to pass all sorts of tests, there are only a handful of jobs every year for thousands of applicants. I know because I’ve applied!
Now whether he was prepared for the tests and application because he was a private school kid is a different story, but he won’t have got that job just because of his mother.

Reactions: 2
You couldn’t get that job via nepotism, that’s not how the fast stream works. The diplomatic fast stream is very hard to get on to, you have to pass all sorts of tests, there are only a handful of jobs every year for thousands of applicants. I know because I’ve applied!
Now whether he was prepared for the tests and application because he was a private school kid is a different story, but he won’t have got that job just because of his mother.
Nepotism and going through a recruitment process are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: 11
Sorry but this is incredibly naive. Of course there’s nepotism, people get given test answers, get coached in how to perform during these assessment and ultimately assessors can mark them any way they want, there is no area, except something highly practical where you have to demonstrate your manual skill for all to see, that can’t be rigged. I’ve seen it done in much more rigorous testing circumstances than the one you described, several times before. People with half a brain and a raging drug habit graduate from Harvard with Honours without ever learning anything, this tit is everywhere, it’s why our world is in this sorry state, because incompetents are running it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People were saying it's unfair to comment that she put on two left mismatched shoes as she has issues. Sorry but running the country isn't an equal ops job. If you can't even put matching shoes of the right feet on maybe you shouldn't have one of the most powerful jobs in the country

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Exactly!

New Labour are a big part of reason we're in the mess we are now. They started the lies about how we were controlled by Europe, they didn't use their right for delayed migration during the eu enlargement like Germany did so led to a huge flux and building up resentment. Then they didn't even bother to count people. Gordon brown announced the sale of the gold, so crashed its price and flogged it on the cheap . Working tax credits allowed employers to pay less and keep people depending on the state and create a divide between single people and families for state support.

Right I'm going to stop there before I get onto Iraq which Dianne did vote against, her voting record is ok but that just mirrors the popular opinion of hackney. I know Dianne is just one member of labour while they were in power. I just can't help but rage whenever I think of new Labour or Gordon brown.😡

Anyway back on Dianne, this caller was funny suggesting she should become the leader of labour but couldn't explain why 🤣

I agree 100% Margaret Thatcher failed to get into the fast stream and I think she held a grudge against the civil service ever since. I worked in the Civil Service for over 20 years and many of the succesful Fast Streamers (not all) were from Public School backgrounds so yes maybethey were being coached and prepared for the Fast Stream applications.

Reactions: 8