Diane Abbott

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you ever see her sober?
I thought she has diabetes?

Politicians and their actions should be under the greatest of scrutiny , both professionally and privately seeing as they make decisions that affect every single one of us .

Letā€™s not forget the expenses scandal.
Which still rumbles on with the lack of clarity for Boris's flat refurb - now pushed under the Ā£3k carpet... I know they don't get paid a lot for their posts but they did choose to stand as MPs and should be totally accountable. I don't agree with politicians being appointed to areas where they don't live just to give them a safe seat.

Your post didnā€™t read terribly well on the back of the ā€œrace cardā€ theme the thread was taking.

Itā€™s really easy for white people to bleat ā€œdonā€™t make it about raceā€, less easy for them the acknowledge their own inherent, often unconscious prejudices.
You seem to be trying to turn it into a race-based thread. Only you. It isn't. There are threads on Boris and Keir and... politicians are as interesting as z-lebs and actually affect our lives.

She might have been better than the transport secretary who gave a sea freight contract to a company with no ferries, mind.
Wasn't there an airport with errm no airport - Ramsgate?

Sorry but this is incredibly naive. Of course thereā€™s nepotism, people get given test answers, get coached in how to perform during these assessment and ultimately assessors can mark them any way they want, there is no area, except something highly practical where you have to demonstrate your manual skill for all to see, that canā€™t be rigged. Iā€™ve seen it done in much more rigorous testing circumstances than the one you described, several times before. People with half a brain and a raging drug habit graduate from Harvard with Honours without ever learning anything, this tit is everywhere, itā€™s why our world is in this sorry state, because incompetents are running it.
Because rich people are running it without a conscience.

Last edited:
Someone I know with strong links to Hackney politics says itā€™s thought by a lot that She is retiring at the next election,.

Reactions: 2
In fairness, the only one who seems to be making assumptions on this thread, is you šŸ˜œ
In my experience the sort of people who comment with statements like ā€œthrowing the race cardā€, are racists.

Diane Abbott is not without her flaws, but she is judged far more harshly than white fe/male peers and always has been.

It doesnā€™t hurt to take a moment to think why that might be.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Back to the thread, Iā€™m a bit confused as to the post on page 1 with the attachment about him being appointed something to do with Brexit... doesnā€™t/didnā€™t Diane A oppose Brexit? (Not that it means relatives canā€™t take different approaches, but a bit odd if it was nepotism that got him the job role but itā€™s for something in direct opposition to the policies and beliefs of the person who got him in).

EDIT: I donā€™t agree with Diane and on a petty level, I really canā€™t stand her voice, but I do feel sorry for her sometimes.

Reactions: 1
In my experience the sort of people who comment with statements like ā€œthrowing the race cardā€, are racists.

Diane Abbott is not without her flaws, but she is judged far more harshly than white fe/male peers and always has been.

In my experience, plenty of politicians are judged harshly. People on this thread have judged Diane for what she's said and done and for the actions of her son - you're the only one trying to make out it's anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve just come across this thread, but can anyone confirm that Jeremy Corbyn and Diane have been having an on off again affair since the 1980ā€™s?

Iā€™ve just come across this thread, but can anyone confirm that Jeremy Corbyn and Diane have been having an on off again affair since the 1980ā€™s?
I don't know for sure but I think they had a brief relationship in the 70s and that was it. They've obviously remained friends though.

Reactions: 3
Used to live in Hackney and have a council connection. Diane was at that time completely inactive on a local level politically - unlike her counterpart in the other half of Hackney.
I also had a good friend who was in the same class at school - with Michael Portillo.

Reactions: 2

Use of the term is a hand on face emoji itself.

Used to live in Hackney and have a council connection. Diane was at that time completely inactive on a local level politically - unlike her counterpart in the other half of Hackney.
I also had a good friend who was in the same class at school - with Michael Portillo.
Portillo and Diane are friends, which I find both strange and really nice given their respective politics. We need a bit more of politicians being opponents not enemies in this day and age.

Reactions: 3
I don't think she does herself any favours. Every interview I've seen of her shows her as ill prepared and a waffler ( like most politicians) . I think she's in it for her own gain and is a major string puller.

Reactions: 5