Desperate Housewives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I gave up after the third season came out. Then half watched the final one. Seemed like yet another show there was a clear roadmap for but they extended it for years because it was doing well and companies would rather flog a dead horse than risk developing something new.

Wasn't John barrowman pretty bitter about his whole experience on it? IIRC he spoke about being mislead about how big his part would be.

What a show. Love it, I could rewatch it again and again

Dunno how I was ever able to watch it considering I was 10/11 when it started airing here šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve rewatched it recently and itā€™s a bit dodgy/poor in some places, thereā€™s also a lot they wouldnā€™t get away with saying in the current climate. Susan is also such an awful person. Also, killing off Edie and bringing in Renee who was basically an identical character to Edie (even lived in her house) was shady.

Would be interesting to see what John B (shudder) said about his experiences.

Reactions: 3
The only thing I could find about JB is how his experience was positive and that Drea De Matteo offered to have a baby for him!

Edit: just saw this too:

John Barrowman has told the website Filmshaft that he implored the creators of Desperate Housewives to kill off his villainous character, Patrick Logan, after a five-episode guest stint so that he could appear in Torchwood series four.

ā€œNegotiations have been underway for some time,ā€ Barrowman confides to the site. ā€œI was in discussions with the creator of Desperate Housewives , one of the top three television series in the whole world, and he invited me to play Patrick. It was such a good role playing the baddie and I really wanted to do it. But I also didnā€™t want to spoil the Torchwood deal, so I told him that if I played Patrick heā€™d have to find a way to kill me off and he went along with that. Desperate Housewives is so huge that it actually helped to seal the Torchwood deal, so everyone is happy
.ā€

I like Lynette but she has some really annoying moments throughout the series, she can be such a martyr. One I watched last night Tom was in Paris with Jane and Lynette had a problem with the electrics and ended up make a hole in the wall because ā€˜she has to learn to do these things herselfā€™ šŸ™„ just call a bloody electrician woman!

Love desperate housewives the only box set I could watch over and over again!!

I was around 12-13 when I started watching it and I remember dreaming of owning a house with a white picket fence haha

Bree always put my in the mood for cleaning my bedroom I loved watching her relationships with Rex and then orson. I loved the storyline whenever Rex was cheating on her and got caught out.

Lynette and Tom I liked watching but at times they done my head in.

susan and Mike delfino were my life šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ when Mike died part of me died too! Loved him.

gabby and Carlos were my fave to watch. Gabby and Johnā€™s affair was exciting to watch I loved that storyline.

i so need to watch it all again I havenā€™t watched it in years!!!

Reactions: 2
Anyone else think itā€™s strange how Susan barely grieves Mike, she just seems to get over his death so soon

Reactions: 1
Anyone else think itā€™s strange how Susan barely grieves Mike, she just seems to get over his death so soon
Been a while since I watched but I donā€™t remember it being like that at all? He died pretty much as the show was ending, and there was one storyline she had after I specifically remember when she was trying to help MJ with something and got upset because Mike would have done it so much easier, and then the local dads came around to help MJ with the project, and then she decided to move house because of the memories she had with Mike there and the n the show was over lol?

Reactions: 7
Been a while since I watched but I donā€™t remember it being like that at all? He died pretty much as the show was ending, and there was one storyline she had after I specifically remember when she was trying to help MJ with something and got upset because Mike would have done it so much easier, and then the local dads came around to help MJ with the project, and then she decided to move house because of the memories she had with Mike there and the n the show was over lol?
ive recently rewatched it and thatā€™s exactly it. It could be because it wrapped up so quickly after his death - thank god we didnā€™t have endless episodes of Susan grieving.

According to Twitter, this could be a teaser for some kind of rebootā€¦ā€¦
791DEBA9-FADD-4B77-8592-A5C804B16503.png

• Wow
Apparently they post similar things every year, I hope Iā€™m wrong though!

I saw this but I donā€™t think it is a reboot, I think itā€™s literally just a New Yearā€™s post
Yeah there doesnā€™t seem to be anything about it anywhere. Boring! Altho And Just Like That is a strong example of how some programs should be left in all their glory in the past, so maybe bringing this one back would be a mistake!

Omg one of my faveeee series ever!!!!

Im sure i was about 11/12 when i watched it the first time, I used to get excited when i heard the theme tune playing in my Mums bedroom so would ask to stay up and watch it haha!

Recently watched it again and LOVED Bree! She was so funny! Gabrielle was good as well, i loved all of them to be honest.
Was so sad when Mike died!

I loved the storyline with Edie's husband Dave trying to kill Mike. That was good!
Loved Bree pretending to be pregnant! All of it was good !

Rewatching DH for the first time in years. I really think DH is one of the best shows of my lifetime although I have a few irks.

The biggest being Vanessa Williams - just why?! She made no sense coming in as Lynette's friend, she is a terrible actress. It just didn't work.

They really did Katherine dirty. Katherine was a brilliant charcter. I know the actress left of her own accord but I really wish she'd have stayed longer. Same with Angie, she was fantastic. Loved Edie and Karl too.

Back in the day I was all about Susan and Mike but now I can't stand Susan, she's really not a nice person and I don't see the appeal of Mike either.

I always disliked the way they made Orson crazy at the end but rewatching there are hints to his instability earlier on in the season where he shows his obsessive and stalker-ish qualities. Same with Katherine really.

I always wished they'd show more of the kids on the street (except for Julie) I still stand by that.

The ending. The ending is crap and doesn't make sense. They never saw each other again even though there was a baby that linked the two families? Pfft.

Reactions: 2
Rewatching DH for the first time in years. I really think DH is one of the best shows of my lifetime although I have a few irks.

The biggest being Vanessa Williams - just why?! She made no sense coming in as Lynette's friend, she is a terrible actress. It just didn't work.

They really did Katherine dirty. Katherine was a brilliant charcter. I know the actress left of her own accord but I really wish she'd have stayed longer. Same with Angie, she was fantastic. Loved Edie and Karl too.

Back in the day I was all about Susan and Mike but now I can't stand Susan, she's really not a nice person and I don't see the appeal of Mike either.

I always disliked the way they made Orson crazy at the end but rewatching there are hints to his instability earlier on in the season where he shows his obsessive and stalker-ish qualities. Same with Katherine really.

I always wished they'd show more of the kids on the street (except for Julie) I still stand by that.

The ending. The ending is crap and doesn't make sense. They never saw each other again even though there was a baby that linked the two families? Pfft.
Totally agree - I never warmed to Renee, I just didnā€™t like the character at all and every time I rewatch I groan when I realise itā€™s the season when she joins.

However I do disagree on Mike - Iā€™ve always loved him despite his many flaws. Susan winds me up though.