Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cupcakeapple

VIP Member
I’ve been re-watching this The last few weeks and forgot what an iconic show this is. It also has an eerie atmosphere. What’s everyone’s thoughts on show?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Lurkerlurker2019

There's a scene in DH that makes me hysterically laugh whenever I watch it. It's during the hurricane episode and Gabby is planning on running away with Carlos and he finds a feather boa in her suitcase. She goes "Carlos if you're taking me somewhere I don't need a feather boa then I don't wanna go". Just sums her up 😂😂 Absolute love Gabby.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Iv watched every DH episode at least 10 times 😂 I have all the box sets, the early seasons are so good. I watched Devious Maids too which Marc Cherry did after DH, thought it was ok but nowhere near as good, they used a lot of the same cast too 😂

Reactions: 11

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Omg I watched it for the first time during the first lockdown and I have never felt emotions like that while watching a series before. I was absolutey sobbing my eyes out at the supermarket shooter episode. One of the best programmes I've ever watched. I never see it being hyped up on the internet as much as other shows from around the same time but it should be!!

Gggshh

SPOILERS

Carlos was by far my fave character don’t know why just had a soft spot for him! I also hated Carl at first then loved him when he was with Brie and hated that they killed him off

Also cried so hard when Mike died and still do!

Lurkerlurker2019

OMG this thread is made for me! Literally obsessed with DH.

I visited the set 10 years ago and all my dreams were made!

Loved Gabby, hated Susan. She reminds me of Carrie from SATC. So self involved and needy.

• Wow
  • Heart

Titntat

VIP Member
I’m quite surprised it hasn’t been rebooted yet, given the ending ending on a new mystery, though I suppose people would moan if the originals weren’t in it but it would make no sense that they would be hanging around on a lane they moved from over a decade ago.
WHATS IN THE BOX IN SUSANS GARAGE 🤣🤣🤣
I was obsessed with DH. Id say its my all time favourite TV programme. It finished when I was in my early 20s pre kids. I dont know if I would follow if it was on now. But I'd probably rematch now were in lockdown if I had the chance.

Reactions: 10

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Desperate Housewives is one of my all time favourite series. It was one of those series i was naughtily allowed to watch as a pre-teen.
I have watched it again now i’m 22 and i still adore it. Now i am older i can honestly say my favourite is Bree, and also Andrew. The harsh remarks from the pair of them make my heart grow like the grinches.
I always thought Andrew was going to revert back to his teenage self in the later seasons. I could never fully trust him but he was one of my favourite characters :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 9

orlyb1310

VIP Member
SPOILERS INCASE YOU'RE A FIRST TIME WATCHER!!!

Teri Hatcher is so beautiful - its a shame she was such a bitch to the other girls during filming... I found that my favourite housewife would change frequently. I have a soft spot for Lynette even though she was always complaining about something and nothing Tom did would ever make her happy. I don't blame him for leaving but I'm glad they got back together in the end as they did belong together. I can't believe Felicity Huffman was (very temporarily) jailed for the college scandal!! I love Gabrielle too but I did feel sorry for the kids, especially Juanita. You could tell she kind of resented them but then suddenly wanted a relationship with her biological daughter because she liked handbags and was Gaby's mini me. I think Carlos' character developent is my favourite out of all of the characters. And don't get me started on Mike:cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: 8

Scandalous_Purpose

I love this show! I always find myself rewatching episodes!

My favourite housewife by FAR is Gabby, her and Carlos could have a show of their own and I’d happily watch it. I thought they both matured so much. Gabby went through so many traumatic things, when she went to her childhood home, that made me cry.

I like Bree but at times she was too conservative with the way she was initially with Andrew and her obsession for guns but I still liked her a lot and she was definitely my second favourite!

Lynette was fine.

Susan though... she was a TODDLER! She was so self-involved that her own daughter had to raise herself and her own mother! I hated her whole “I’m so quirky and weird and cute and hopeless” vibe!

Had a love/hate relationship with Edie. Loved Katherine. Loved Angie Bolen (but that’s because I love the Sopranos).

It’s sad that the show doesn’t have the same legacy as shows such as The Sopranos or Mad Men, I wonder if that’s because it’s a show about housewives? But I love it, there are so many complex characters, hilarious moments and a good balance between crazy drama and really touching moments!

Mojojojo67

I thought the most poignant episode was the one with flashbacks as to how Edie had impacted on all their lives - I think they were going to scatter her ashes on a road trip somewhere? There was a bar scene where she was competing with Gabby as to who would get the most drinks bought her which was funny but when she said "she would never grow old" - that set me bawling.

I didn't like Danielle, but the scene where she turns up to the Halloween party as Bree was funny, along with Andrew being forced to dress as Cher.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Omg I watched it for the first time during the first lockdown and I have never felt emotions like that while watching a series before. I was absolutey sobbing my eyes out at the supermarket shooter episode. One of the best programmes I've ever watched. I never see it being hyped up on the internet as much as other shows from around the same time but it should be!!
The shooter episode is so so good! And the tornado one. Love a big dramatic event!

Reactions: 7

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Anyone else think it’s strange how Susan barely grieves Mike, she just seems to get over his death so soon
Been a while since I watched but I don’t remember it being like that at all? He died pretty much as the show was ending, and there was one storyline she had after I specifically remember when she was trying to help MJ with something and got upset because Mike would have done it so much easier, and then the local dads came around to help MJ with the project, and then she decided to move house because of the memories she had with Mike there and the n the show was over lol?

HockyRorror

VIP Member
What are everyone’s favourite episodes? Mine are the tornado episode and the one that followed it straight after (mainly because of the storyline about Bree living in Susan’s house which I thought was hilarious) and also loved the season 4 finale which kept me GRIPPED! I also liked the 100th episode with Eli Scruggs where it went back in time and showed how he touched upon each of the housewives lives.