Desperate Housewives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was a latecomer to this show. I watched most of it during my 56 hour labour with my first child in 2011 :ROFLMAO:

I've forgotten most of it now, but I couldn't stand Susan. Bree was my favourite, and Gabi. It was really sad when Mrs McCluskey died.

Reactions: 2
I used to be obsessed with it when it first came out when I was a young teen, stopped watching after the flash forward though. During the first lockdown we watched all of it from the beginning, forced ourselves to finish it even though the last seasons got progressively worse 😅

Omg I love Tom. He could never do right for doing wrong. Lynette would always force him into things like promotions and then try to reverse it when he had to meet the demands of the jobs she forced him to take. She'd push him and then get jealous when it wasn't her being successful. I was devestated for her when he finally gave up but I don't blame him for it.
Yes I couldn't stand Lynette she was awful! Always being sneaky to get her own way, she was definitely my least favourite housewife I was always rooting for Tom to leave her and find someone better 😂 Susan was an immature drama queen and so self centred but I loved Bree and Gabby they were hilarious. Loved Edie as well she was so funny! I agree the flashforward was awful and unnecessary, it definitely went downhill after that

Reactions: 3
There's a scene in DH that makes me hysterically laugh whenever I watch it. It's during the hurricane episode and Gabby is planning on running away with Carlos and he finds a feather boa in her suitcase. She goes "Carlos if you're taking me somewhere I don't need a feather boa then I don't wanna go". Just sums her up 😂😂 Absolute love Gabby.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I didn't like Danielle, but the scene where she turns up to the Halloween party as Bree was funny, along with Andrew being forced to dress as Cher.

Reactions: 8
I've just finished watching Scandal. I thought Frankie Vargas looked familiar. Looked him up on IMDb and he's Carlos from Desperate Housewives :ROFLMAO:
I've started re-watching Desperate Housewives now 🙌 Bree and Gabby are my faves :love:

I’ve started watching DH again! (Lockdown has the better of me) and each and every series I fall in love with Mike more than I should 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's going to be on the new Disney+ STAR this month if anyone wants to re-watch it! I know I will be!

I last watched it as a teen, so now in my late 20's I want to re-watch and possibly get a new perspective!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
SPOILERS

Carlos was by far my fave character don’t know why just had a soft spot for him! I also hated Carl at first then loved him when he was with Brie and hated that they killed him off

Also cried so hard when Mike died and still do!
Me too 💔 He was my fave.

I’ve been re-watching this The last few weeks and forgot what an iconic show this is. It also has an eerie atmosphere. What’s everyone’s thoughts on show?
I've watched it twice now but only recently. It is such a good series. Loved it.

Was gutted that Lynette took manchild Tom back. He was such a pussy and didn't deserve her.

It was very sad when Mrs McClusky died. I loved her character. She took no tit from anybody.

Reactions: 4
Thankyou again whoever posted about it being on Amazon prime - just watched the first two seasons I think I must have been about 13 when I watched it the first time and it’s so much better this time. One of my all time favourite programmes I’ve ever watched - the emotions and how the characters developed it really rare nowadays. Watching the second time Bree and Gaby still my favourites ❤

• Heart
I've just started season 5. Trying to get my head round all the changes. It's 5 years later. I love Carlos! He's my favourite husband on the show. I went off Mike over the baby name Maynard 🤣 I would've stood my ground. It would've be Maynard for a middle name. Poor kid😂
I mostly watch Netflix shows. I was very pleased to find this on my Amazon prime 🙌

• Haha
Desperate Housewives got me through a good chunk of last year’s lockdown madness. It became my sanctuary when my son would go for a nap and really kept me sane. I loved it the first time I watched it when I was 16 and I’ve loved it with every one of my many rewatches through the years.

If I had to rank the main housewife characters through all the seasons I think I’d say from favourite to least favourite ....

Lynette
Gabi
Bree
Susan
Edie
Beth
Mary Alice
Katherine
Angie
Renee
Betty

Reactions: 1
I thought the most poignant episode was the one with flashbacks as to how Edie had impacted on all their lives - I think they were going to scatter her ashes on a road trip somewhere? There was a bar scene where she was competing with Gabby as to who would get the most drinks bought her which was funny but when she said "she would never grow old" - that set me bawling.

Reactions: 8
Desperate Housewives got me through a good chunk of last year’s lockdown madness. It became my sanctuary when my son would go for a nap and really kept me sane. I loved it the first time I watched it when I was 16 and I’ve loved it with every one of my many rewatches through the years.

If I had to rank the main housewife characters through all the seasons I think I’d say from favourite to least favourite ....

Lynette
Gabi
Bree
Susan
Edie
Beth
Mary Alice
Katherine
Angie
Renee
Betty
Yay! A Lynette fan - she tends to get a rough time from lots of people. I love her.

I thought the most poignant episode was the one with flashbacks as to how Edie had impacted on all their lives - I think they were going to scatter her ashes on a road trip somewhere? There was a bar scene where she was competing with Gabby as to who would get the most drinks bought her which was funny but when she said "she would never grow old" - that set me bawling.
I love this episode and I loved Edie, was sad they killed her off.

I’m the same! I remember loving it when I first watched it so I’ve rewatched now and I am as engrossed as if I’d never seen it before! And just as it gets to a big thing I remember it happened. Half way through season 8 and I only started 3 weeks ago 🙈