Desperate Housewives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Desperate Housewives is one of my all time favourite series. It was one of those series i was naughtily allowed to watch as a pre-teen.
I have watched it again now i’m 22 and i still adore it. Now i am older i can honestly say my favourite is Bree, and also Andrew. The harsh remarks from the pair of them make my heart grow like the grinches.
I always thought Andrew was going to revert back to his teenage self in the later seasons. I could never fully trust him but he was one of my favourite characters :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I loved bree all through tour the seasons which I can’t say for any of the rest of them 😅 I also loved Andrew! I love the story line where bree pretends to be pregnant. The story line with Art in season 3 really freaked me out

Reactions: 4
Where are you all rewatching DH? It was literally my favourite programme as a teenager - I’m 33 now and would love to watch again!

Reactions: 1
I love this show! I always find myself rewatching episodes!

My favourite housewife by FAR is Gabby, her and Carlos could have a show of their own and I’d happily watch it. I thought they both matured so much. Gabby went through so many traumatic things, when she went to her childhood home, that made me cry.

I like Bree but at times she was too conservative with the way she was initially with Andrew and her obsession for guns but I still liked her a lot and she was definitely my second favourite!

Lynette was fine.

Susan though... she was a TODDLER! She was so self-involved that her own daughter had to raise herself and her own mother! I hated her whole “I’m so quirky and weird and cute and hopeless” vibe!

Had a love/hate relationship with Edie. Loved Katherine. Loved Angie Bolen (but that’s because I love the Sopranos).

It’s sad that the show doesn’t have the same legacy as shows such as The Sopranos or Mad Men, I wonder if that’s because it’s a show about housewives? But I love it, there are so many complex characters, hilarious moments and a good balance between crazy drama and really touching moments!

Reactions: 8
It’s sad that the show doesn’t have the same legacy as shows such as The Sopranos or Mad Men, I wonder if that’s because it’s a show about housewives? But I love it, there are so many complex characters, hilarious moments and a good balance between crazy drama and really touching moments!
I recommended it some of my friends after watching it over lockdown and thinking it was the next best thing since sliced bread and most of them wrote it off purely based on the title :(

Reactions: 2
OMG this thread is made for me! Literally obsessed with DH.

I visited the set 10 years ago and all my dreams were made!

Loved Gabby, hated Susan. She reminds me of Carrie from SATC. So self involved and needy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I liked Susan at first but she had barely any character development compared to Bree and Gaby

What are everyone’s favourite episodes? Mine are the tornado episode and the one that followed it straight after (mainly because of the storyline about Bree living in Susan’s house which I thought was hilarious) and also loved the season 4 finale which kept me GRIPPED! I also liked the 100th episode with Eli Scruggs where it went back in time and showed how he touched upon each of the housewives lives.

Reactions: 7
I am so glad somebody has made this thread - I’ve gone on about DH for years and nobody I know ever watched it. My favourite was Gaby or Bree but I did have a soft spot for Lynette, could never take to Susan. I had them all on dvd but lost along the way of house moves so glad I can rewatch on Amazon prime. What was the family called who has somebody hidden in their cellar? I remember only being young and finding it so scary! 😂

Reactions: 3
I am so glad somebody has made this thread - I’ve gone on about DH for years and nobody I know ever watched it. My favourite was Gaby or Bree but I did have a soft spot for Lynette, could never take to Susan. I had them all on dvd but lost along the way of house moves so glad I can rewatch on Amazon prime. What was the family called who has somebody hidden in their cellar? I remember only being young and finding it so scary! 😂
The Applewhites - Betty and her 2 sons, one of which they kept locked downstairs!

I Rewatched last year and remembered how much I loved it!!

I hated Tom I thought he was such a tit husband. I also didn’t like Mike I think it was just because he was associated with Susan lol. I loved Karl thought he was really funny

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else think of DH when they see John on the dancing on ice judging panel? 😂

I hated Tom I thought he was such a tit husband. I also didn’t like Mike I think it was just because he was associated with Susan lol. I loved Karl thought he was really funny
Omg I love Tom. He could never do right for doing wrong. Lynette would always force him into things like promotions and then try to reverse it when he had to meet the demands of the jobs she forced him to take. She'd push him and then get jealous when it wasn't her being successful. I was devestated for her when he finally gave up but I don't blame him for it.

Reactions: 3
The first season was iconic but it did get ridiculous as later seasons went on. I think Carlos had the best development as a character throughout the seasons. As a teen I loved susan but now I get why Edie is always on at her, she's quite annoying.

Does anyone else think of DH when they see John on the dancing on ice judging panel? 😂

Omg I love Tom. He could never do right for doing wrong. Lynette would always force him into things like promotions and then try to reverse it when he had to meet the demands of the jobs she forced him to take. She'd push him and then get jealous when it wasn't her being successful. I was devestated for her when he finally gave up but I don't blame him for it.
I forgot John was even in it!!

I think the supermarket shooting was one of the best scenes ob any tv show. The tension. Lynette/Felicity was incredible - other standard moments with her include the birth scene with Eddie and the hurricane, she was brilliant in that.

I enjoyed the series as a whole, some fantastic comic timing by Bree, Orson and Gabi in particular. I think Teri won comedy awards for portraying Susan but clumsiness being a personality trait isnt really my thing so i didnt find that funny