Desperate Housewives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yay! A Lynette fan - she tends to get a rough time from lots of people. I love her.
I love Lynette. I think because she was played so brilliantly by Felicity Huffman, she literally steals dramatic scenes from anyone else. I loved her during the scene when she gives birth in Eddie’s house, she was just brilliant.

Think some of my favourite episodes include Eli Scruggs, the tornado, when Susan cries in the street in her wedding dress, the fire at the nightclub (though I hated Dave with a passion, he just wasn’t believable) and the progressive dinner party.

Gabby releasing the balloon after her miscarriage had me crying for days. It was great to see real emotion fro such a (at that time) shallow character. I loved seeing Gabby’s character grow and develop into a much more real and well rounded person by the end with such deep traumas hidden away.

Ah man, I think I need another rewatch!

Also realised I should have ranked Susan lower in my list earlier - definitely needs to go lower than Edie!

Reactions: 3
Really annoyed they killed off Mike and Edie. Don't get why they had to kill off Mike?
I loved Bree she was my favourite :love: I didn't like the storyline where Bree picked up men in the bar and had sex with them. I just don't think Bree would've done that no matter how pissed she got. That was my worst storyline. Season 8 was my worst season.
I wish they would bring this back 🙌

Reactions: 5
Cant wait till Starz starts.on disney plus so i can rewatch this!

The creepy man with the kids photos in his basement episode has haunted me for ages after!

Reactions: 1
Susan was one of the reasons I stopped watching it, she was so cringey and felt like her ''ditzyness'' was too fake.
Wasn’t she one of the reasons it all stopped in real life too? She was the difficult one no one wanted to work with I believe.

Reactions: 4
I’ve rewatched it on Amazon prime Thankyou to this thread! It’s so obvious in seasons 7 and 8 that there were problems with Teri Hatcher and the other cast members - absolutely love DH but the first seasons were definitely the best! Bree and Gaby are my favourites ❤ Literally is one of the best things I’ve ever watched.

Reactions: 5
Wasn’t she one of the reasons it all stopped in real life too? She was the difficult one no one wanted to work with I believe.
I think Teri hatcher upset a few people along the way. She did have a reputation for being difficult.
Pierce Brosnan explains how he failed to Bond with Teri Hatcher - James Bond 007 :: MI6 - The Home Of James Bond (mi6-hq.com)

Cant wait till Starz starts.on disney plus so i can rewatch this!

The creepy man with the kids photos in his basement episode has haunted me for ages after!
That was so creepy. :sick:

Gaby is my all time fave. Her chemistry with Carlos was really good and their scenes were always my fave. Bree as well towards the end. Got sick of Tom and Lynette will they won’t they etc. Loved Mike sooo hot 🥵 Susan I didn’t really like don’t like her at the start. Towards the middle when she gets back with Mike she’s ok. Hated that women who chopped her fingers off with a passion. Karen mccluskey was one of my faves too. I finished watching it a few weeks ago and it’s one of my all time favourite box sets. I didn’t realise how much crime etc were gonna be in it. Ooh how could I forget angie. Loved her too 🥰🥰 and I kinda loved John the Gardner too 🥰🥰

Really annoyed they killed off Mike and Edie. Don't get why they had to kill off Mike?
Nicolette Sheridan (Edie) was suing Mark Cherry (the creator) for mistreatment to her from him on set, and part of the lawsuit was unfair dismissal, killing her character out of spite. Apparently, part of MC’s defence was that main characters get killed off in DH all the time, which is why Mike got killed when he did. Allegedly!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Am at season 4 (again) and I hate Susan. Literally wouldn't get tired of slapping her. I also can't stand Tom. He's such a bleeping man baby.

One of my favourite bits ever is where Nora gets shot in the supermarket siege. It was so unexpected. I was glad to see the back of her, and her horrible daughter.

I watched the tornado ep the other day and now on the one with the fire at club, bawled my eyes out at both 😅

I’m watching this now. Can’t bare Susan. On season 3 now. Not been watching it a week yet haha. Can’t believe Mike gets killed off 😭😭

Reactions: 2
I only finished my rewatch of this in April and reading this thread makes me want to go again 😂

Lynette is my favourite. I relate to her the most, and in fact I think she would represent a lot of modern women in marriages now where they are stronger characters/stronger in business than their husbands and the problems that can create with feeling the need to conform to traditional gender roles in marriage.

The storyline in the final season where Tom had a new girlfriend and she so wanted him back literally hurts me to watch 😩

Reactions: 4
Watching edies ashes being scattered. Oh I’m ugly crying what a sad sad episode

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m watching this now. Can’t bare Susan. On season 3 now. Not been watching it a week yet haha. Can’t believe Mike gets killed off 😭😭
I had to stop watching Desperate Housewives because of Susan, unbearable ditsy written character.

Still cry about a decade later 😂
I have proper ugly cried. I feel like I need to
Mourn properly. I was the same with sons of anarchy 😭😭

Also Tom and linette. I’m hoping it’s a happy ending. But the flash forward doesn’t give me any hope 😭😭